Recent content by hockeyrocker26

1. H

Next Season's hopes and aspirations?

1. All I really want is for the injury curse to get broken. We've suffered so much this year as a result of the injuries. One positive from all these injuries though is that the Brit players have been brought to the forefront and I have to say, Josh Batch, Ben Davies and Luke Piggot have...
  2. H

Paul Ragan to make an announcement about NHL situation

Whilst Paul Ragan is not my favourite person in the world, I can understand why he chose to release the statement. Fans have been all over Facebook and Twitter saying that the performance of the team is not good enough and the results are poor and I have to be honest, I agree with them. I have...
  3. H

better defence

I'm with you on that one. We do have a tendency to fire the puck around the boards and more often than not, it seems to land on the stick of our opponent. I know it does sometimes work and I know that sometimes it's the only way out of a situation but I'm not sure I like that tactic too much...
  4. H

Phil Osaer

I would have to agree with you there. Yes Osaer has given up more rebounds this season which he didn't seem to so often when he was last with us but maybe that has more to do with the style of play of the forwards who are shooting at him? Lets be fair, there are only a handful of the same...
  5. H

New signing ?

I'll be perfectly honest, if it is anything to do with a coach my bet has to be on Finnerty. A lot of steelers fans aren't happy with him and most of the players who have left have criticised him. Did anyone see the tweet from Simmsey this morning? It said "You thought Shields was a surprise...
  6. H

Mark richardson

I don't know if anyone else saw him but he was at the BBT on Sunday as well. It's probable that, as Ragan said, he's on a break and he's just come back to visit us to say hello. If there's any chance in signing him though, I hope we snap him up quicker than anyone can type 'Richie's back'!!! :)
  7. H

Bans from last night (as they stand)

It's just been on Sky Sports News. The footage they have shows that he and Franny confront Egener (who was probably shouting his mouth off before hand anyway) and then the scrap broke out. Max is involved in that. I can't see what Franny did, in the footage it just looked like he was just caught...
  8. H

Devils v Blaze - 28/10 6:00pm - CC - Chat/Updates

The Egener vs Franny incident has just been on Sky Sports News. Looks like Egener was shouting his mouth off, Franny and Max came over to confront him, Egener started to look like he was going to start something, Max tried to get the first one in, Egener tried to take them both on, Deeds tried...
  9. H

Devils v Blaze - 28/10 6:00pm - CC - Chat/Updates

It would seem, given whats been put on the Elite league website that they can't appeal it. I think the events that took place after the game can all be put down to the poor eyesight of Hicks and Darnell. Fair enough, Max gets a penalty for the cross check to Olson but what about what happened...
  10. H

Bans from last night (as they stand)

Where exactly did you read that we were asking for extra bans? All he said was that there's nothing stopping us from doing so. Please start reading posts properly before commenting. :DWD I don't understand the one for Max leaving the dressing room though, I didn't actually see him come back...
  11. H

Goal music - The verdict

I think using Quo was a great idea, works really well in the BBT :) Good choice Paul!
  12. H

Devils v Stars - 25/10 7:30pm - League - Chat/Updates

I'll be honest, the first 2 periods were two of the most boring periods of hockey that I've watched in a long time! I thought they all looked to be holding back and it was only when they realised that there was a very real chance that they could actually lose the game that they picked up the...
  13. H

Away Bench

:shock: Anyone any good at sweet talking? I think Paul Ragan should be your next target!
  14. H

Goal music - The verdict

I think that was the point with the 'clap clap GOAL!' thing, to take the mick of all the bigger teams (nottingham, sheffield etc) who like to mock the opposition when they score. And then it stuck. :DWD I have to be honest though, I don't join in with it so much any more as it's getting a...
  15. H

No attraction to watch the devils

I wouldn't base anything on MNL or on this site. The people who man MNL and who post regularly on here are a minority amongst the fans. It's all personal opinion at the end of the day. Everyone gets a little bitter at a loss but the games are mostly great action no matter what the result. If...