Next Season's hopes and aspirations?

Thread starter #1
I've rarely posted on here but after last night feel compelled to share my thoughts and wonder what everyone's concerns/aspirations are for next season??

I was absolutely gutted coming out of the BBT last night, I love my hockey but having only been a convert for the last 6 years am wondering whether to renew my season ticket. I have a young family, including three children under the age of 7 and would dearly love them to enjoy hockey the way I do. I took my five year old son for his first game against Dundee and think he enjoyed it, despite clearly not having a clue most of the time with what was going on until Paul gave him a shout out and saw his cheeky mug on the banks of tvs! I want us to win, I want to be entertained (and this is not a rant) but hope/wish people can fill me with optimism for the future, and no not just waiting for the new rink, I want to see the passion and excitement we're all used to seeing week in, week out.

Is it the finances within the club that are a problem? Will all of us renewing our season tickets really make a genuine difference to they type of roster for next year?

Maybe we got spoilt in 2010-2011, but I wish for a Michel/Latulippe character who my son can point to and say I want his jersey next year. I want my children to grow to love the Devils like I do.

So there it is, I was gutted last night because we should have won and we didn't. Am I expecting too much? By the way, the effort shown by all on the ice given the current circumstances has been phenomenal and as some of my fellow fans in Block 4 have already said, we need the likes of Ben Davies and Luke Piggott back next year.

Apologies for the type out loud thoughts people!

Thoughts?? :)

This season has been difficult, but I still think we have plenty to look forward to next season. We have been very unlucky with injuries this year and although the NHL lockout benefited us with the signature of Biz, it went against us once the NHL started up again due to the small number of players willing to move that late in the season.

The fighting spirit I've seen from our up and coming youngsters and more regular players in recent weeks has left me feeling proud even in defeat, and has meant I've already renewed my season ticket for next year because I can see what playing for this club means to the players.

It can be an expensive sport to follow, especially if you're bringing a family. But the feeling you get when the Devils put in a fantastic performance outweighs any of the negatives for me.

This season is by no means over - my tickets for the Playoff final weekend came through today, and I can't wait!

I hope you and your young family continue to enjoy your hockey down the BBT.

Diafol

1. To have a team to watch every weekend.

2. To have an entertaining team to watch every weekend.

3. To have a winning team to watch every weekend.

I don't ask for much :lol:

Earnie said:
A top four position, team at the championship weekend, and no armfulls of injuries in latter half of season.
This, plus win either challenge cup or playoffs.

I know it's all a bit doom and gloom at the moment but without the injuries I think we'd have easily finished top 4, and maybe not too far behind Sheffield with a good chance at the playoff weekend.

Wannabe2

To leave the BBT each game after watching my team give 100% effort, to be entertained at every game, to hear far more positivity going around the rink, to hear that management realise the importance of the punter and act accordingly. To hear we have the toughest team in the league, to hear we have a very competitive budget, and finally that the atmosphere we have experienced in the last 2 games along with the total committment of all players is duplicated at every game.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

ASHIPP

On top of our fantastic work ethic and battling spirit:

1. A full quota of import players to at least give the team a chance to be competitive.

2. A fully fit and stable roster....successful teams this season have been relatively injury free and had little player movement.

3. A return to hard hitting aggression so that Devils can dominate their own ice. This season has demonstrated just how important home wins are in a very tough conference.

4. A better return on SOG, pp situations and eliminating SHG by opposition.

5. Continued great atmo at BBT and big increases in attendance.

James

Administrator
To be honest I've enjoyed recent games a fair bit despite the losses. I'd rather see us loose by the odd goal and know the team have given it all. If I can come out of every game feeling entertained and knowing the team have done their best I'm happy. A clean sweep against the giants and a few cups wouldn't go amiss mind :)

1. All I really want is for the injury curse to get broken. We've suffered so much this year as a result of the injuries.

One positive from all these injuries though is that the Brit players have been brought to the forefront and I have to say, Josh Batch, Ben Davies and Luke Piggot have really impressed me this year. They just keep getting better and better!! They are talents that we just have to hold on to because the big teams will come knocking eventually.

2. G to go on the hunt for a Mike Prpich/Tyler Michel type player. One who can wind the opposition up and then back it up if need be. That's entertaining!

3. Big hits!! I know we have a smaller team than normal now which is great for speed but everyone loves seeing a big hit. :D

4. More wins. This year has been a bad injury year and, before anyone says anything, I'm not having a go at work ethic or performance or anything like that, they've been outstanding. It would just be nice to be able to leave the BBT happy that we've won as well as being proud of the team for the way they've performed.

Wannabe2

I also want a son of a bitch on Bens line, so when he shows the opposition up, and they want to knock him about because they can't catch him, this Mudda steps up and warns them of. Yea.

1. Many Inferno posters become less defensive when longstanding fans express genuinely felt criticisms.
2. We find someone 'in' or 'outside' of our ranks who can coach a 'powerplay'...... to at least a 'moderate' standard! Without this we will never seriously threaten a winning consistency. Once again this year our 'powerplay' has been an embarrassment.
3. In our search for useful British support players for our imports, we don't hang on overlong to players who now contribute little to the team, simply because fans/coaches have an over emotional attachment to those brought up in the locality.e.g. We did it with Jason Stone, a decent player, with an admirable Devils record over many years....but who we were reluctant to replace when he quite obviously was no longer good enough. The future must be with those more akin to Luke Piggott....a chap who can skate...who takes advantage of every opportunity he gets to ice......who wants to get involved......and does get involved!
4. Get Ben Davies signed up for next year....please! Stuart Macrae apart, this boy gets 'on the puck' for more time than any other Devil. He is one of only two genuine two-way players on our team.( and I'm with Wannabe here, boy.. could he, and Piggott, have done with some protection from his
team mates.)
5. Much improved 'recruitment' of imports. Adams and Francis rightly get all the plaudits for the finding of the Michels and Matzkas .....so equally, should readily take flak for the composition of this year's disappointing team....a team who, as Timski quite rightly says, has produced the most unexciting and least skilful brand of ice hockey in the last 20 years.
Going to buy my season ticket for next year, tomorrow!!

Chris

Administrator
Being that i'm going to be in Coventry for a year from September, i'd settle for a team that wins convincingly in the Skydome every game :)

wow first Nottingham, then Coventry - you really have pissed someone off haven't you ;)

as an away fan what I want from the Devils - I want the old, tough, Devils teams - always an absolute joy to watch. Hard, skilled, with that unpredictable factor that I like to see in a hockey team.