Devils v Stars - 25/10 7:30pm - League - Chat/Updates

James

Administrator
That headline did make me smile but it's hardly the level of Dickie Dunn reporting we see in the Star or NEP so we'll let them off :)

drainage

Oldgoalie80 said:
schulersagoodun said:
5. Players thinking the game would be easy - not my impression! We're simply a mediocre team .....the first two months' matches reveal. I welcomed the victory over the Panthers.......but Panthers should have won by 4 or 5!!
Panthers should have won by 4 or 5? Behave! The Panthers were there for the taking last weekend and didn't impress me at all considering they're a big budget arena team. The boys grafted hard to get the win then and deserved it, so suggesting the Panties should have won by 4 or 5 isn't a fair reflection of that game at all :roll: . I can't comment on tonight's performance though as I wasn't there tonight.
With you here not sure the Panties could have put 4 or 5 past us if we played another 60 mins. Last nights game was no where near the calibre of Sunday agreed - at times was completely frustrated by what I saw.

But they came back with 4 goals and ground out the win - Mac is superb at moment and works well with Maxie and Chris , thought Ben once again threw himself into everything and its a pleasure to watch him

drainage

Oldgoalie80 said:
schulersagoodun said:
5. Players thinking the game would be easy - not my impression! We're simply a mediocre team .....the first two months' matches reveal. I welcomed the victory over the Panthers.......but Panthers should have won by 4 or 5!!
Panthers should have won by 4 or 5? Behave! The Panthers were there for the taking last weekend and didn't impress me at all considering they're a big budget arena team. The boys grafted hard to get the win then and deserved it, so suggesting the Panties should have won by 4 or 5 isn't a fair reflection of that game at all :roll: . I can't comment on tonight's performance though as I wasn't there tonight.

I'll be honest, the first 2 periods were two of the most boring periods of hockey that I've watched in a long time!

I thought they all looked to be holding back and it was only when they realised that there was a very real chance that they could actually lose the game that they picked up the momentum and started making a bit more of an effort. It looked to be a completely different team to the one that plays teams like Nottingham, Coventry etc.

The Stars impressed me though. They came out ready to play and didn't give up, even when we snatched the lead from them. I think there are a lot of people who have underestimated them this year. They are definitely much much better than last year.

Onwards and upwards though, 2 games against coventry on the weekend, I don't think a 4 point weekend is too much to hope for. :)

Diavlo rosso said:
....A win is a win and it doesn't matter how they come.. .......
Fair enough and it's your opinion....but it's not my preference!
Give me the Devils playing fast, exciting ice hockey....whatever the result.... and I'm happy. For me 'performance' over 'result' everytime !!