Devils v Blaze - 28/10 6:00pm - CC - Chat/Updates

The committee would like to stress that clubs cannot appeal any match penalties handed out on the night didnt sheffield say they would appel there match pen if it wasnt downgraded ?

DevilDom

Oldgoalie80 said:
So Franny gets a one match ban for fighting, so who exactly was the player from the Blaze that he was allegedly fighting? :? Egener/Guidice/Olson? ;:|
It was Egener who went for Franny first. I suppose he just gets away with that then? :roll:

Gazza272

The committee would like to stress that clubs cannot appeal any match penalties handed out on the night, but the committee have the power to increase or overturn these penalties
So why were Sheffield allowed to appeal theirs?

Hmm, I'm just bemused how Franny gets a one match ban for scrapping, yet whoever he was apparently scrapping with doesn't. :?:

No doubt the review will shed some light on it :p

Apparantly....

"Blaze, who are though to the Challenge Cup quarter-finals, will contest a match penalty given to Olson for fending off his attacker"

Interesting!

dave

Oldgoalie80 said:
Hmm, I'm just bemused how Franny gets a one match ban for scrapping, yet whoever he was apparently scrapping with doesn't. :?:

Oldgoalie Because that is the min penalty in the rule book for a bench official engaging a player. And a game the other way around. Not saying it is right but that is the penalties that can be given.

DevilDom

dave said:
Oldgoalie80 said:

Oldgoalie Because that is the min penalty in the rule book for a bench official engaging a player. And a game the other way around. Not saying it is right but that is the penalties that can be given.
Really? So a player can go for the Bench coach but if he acts in self defence (seems to be a key phrase at the moment) then he is more severly punished than the player? Interesting. :roll:

Seen it a few times mentioned on here but what penalties would Deeds be assessed? As I saw it Olson was going after Franny and Deeds jumped in.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

DevilDom said:
dave said:
Oldgoalie80 said:

Really? So a player can go for the Bench coach but if he acts in self defence (seems to be a key phrase at the moment) then he is more severly punished than the player? Interesting. :roll:
I must say that I am disapointed in Franny's conduct during this fiasco. Whilst G was attempting to cool down the situation throughout, Franny seemed more intent on inflaming the situation by trading insults with the Blaze players. Not what you want to see from management. I am not soley blaming Franny as I believe there were a number of contributing factors to the events that unfolded (mainly poor officiating) but it was a shame to see him getting himself involved.

Firstly, as exciting and good to watch a scrap can be, last nights events was an absolute disgrace! People pay their cash to watch a game of hockey, hopefully a hard fought scrap in the hockey sense. They, im sure do not pay their cash to watch something like last night.
This is a defining moment i think for the Elite League in general, for the Elie League committee this is their opportunity to show that they can deal with things impartially and deal with them as they should be dealt with. Max will have a ban and as a Cardiff fan it will be a deserved ban. Granted Olsen was lucky not to get called for his actions which resulted in Max retaliating, but but im sure this will get dealt with when the games is reviewed and Olsen should get his deserved penalty call and the resulting ban. Retaliation shouldnt happen, but it will as its human nature but it will and should get punished - so should the actions which draw the retaliation.

The incident at the end with Olsen and the "Fan".... i didnt see who thre the first punch, i certainly didnt see Olsen ducking or diving from any sort of attack. I did clearly see him launching his right hadn at the person, which if it was as it looked is a clear assault by any definition. The issue will cme with how Olsen tries to defend himself in regards to that. He is entitled to throw the first punch in any altercation if he feels he is in immediate threat of violence, something called a pre-emptive strike - i think from what that Fat Mess of a man from Shuff has tweeted, this will be his avenue of defence!

Im not saying it was all the Chavs fault, it does take two to tango as the saying goes and i may be talking with my rose tinted glasses on but it certainly looked to me that the whole end of game events were started by the Chavs. The devils defended themselves and eachother as they should do and as fans we should expect them to, that shows team spirit and tight nitness to me. Notice how it started in front of the Devils bench........ the Chavs came looking for trouble at the end and thats the way it went.

Shocking scenes that makes the league look a bit if a joke.......

dave said:
Oldgoalie80 said:

Nice one Dave, thanks for taking the time to explain that - I had no idea that, as odd as it seems, they don't both carry the same penalty. One thing about this sport, you learn something new every day :!:

gandl said:
Apparantly....

"Blaze, who are though to the Challenge Cup quarter-finals, will contest a match penalty given to Olson for fending off his attacker"

Interesting!
It would seem, given whats been put on the Elite league website that they can't appeal it.

I think the events that took place after the game can all be put down to the poor eyesight of Hicks and Darnell. Fair enough, Max gets a penalty for the cross check to Olson but what about what happened before that? Surely Olson should have been penalised too? As far as I can see, that's where it all stemmed from. Giudice probably didn't help though, mouthing off at everyone as he was going down the line for the handshakes. :evil:

Personally, I would have preferred to have seen that all happen during the game when it could have actually changed the game. There's no point in fighting after the whistle in my opinion.

This new guy, whoever he is, can't get here soon enough now. No doubt there will be some tough penalties that will put us short handed for a few games.

There is one thing for sure though, we haven't seen the end of this one.

drainage

gandl said:
Apparantly....

Interesting!
Fending means punching then? To me fending someone off is totally different

Gospel

PLAYED AT: Cardiff Arena
DATE: Oct 28, 2012
GAME NOTES: devils second goal was a delayed short handed penalty goal due to number 9 bayrack for hooking devils 23 match for cross checking devils time out 58:58 devils game coach actually match for roughing by coach devils 23 match at 60 mins for leaving the dressing room coventry 6 game for roughing coventry 13 game misconduct for obscene gesture coventry 33 match for interference with spectator

The above is from the game sheet. Olson got a Match penalty for interfering with a spectator, clearly means that no matter what happened prior to that, he cannot react in any way and in particular the way he did. These appear to be the current rules of the Elite league. Criminal law on self defence is very much different and a seperate course of action.