better defence

KaneDevils

Always good to see brand new members joining the forum to slag things off.
In the same way as we put new members off by jumping on them like a sack of spuds?

In truth, and I know I'm not alone here, more than once this season I have had a recurring thought. With supposedly the best nettie in the league, and an already sound defence, plus the addition of Richardson, are we letting in a few too many?

In recent years I think our passing out of our zone hasn't always been particularly good and have given up bad turnovers as a result. Could this be a reason for a slightly leaky D? The caps went to the NIC and let in 1, winning 2-1. We went there a week or 2 before and lost 5-0?
perhaps it's a question of tactics? Debate don't dispel :cool:

KaneDevils said:
In the same way as we put new members off by jumping on them like a sack of spuds?
In truth, and I know I'm not alone here, more than once this season I have had a recurring thought. With supposedly the best nettie in the league, and an already sound defence, plus the addition of Richardson, are we letting in a few too many?

In recent years I think our passing out of our zone hasn't always been particularly good and have given up bad turnovers as a result. Could this be a reason for a slightly leaky D? The caps went to the NIC and let in 1, winning 2-1. We went there a week or 2 before and lost 5-0?

this forum is shocking just for the people who gang up on new memebers who have a different oppinion to be fair everyone has an opinion just respect it i can see what both sides are saying but come on 3 players down what you expect.. imagine manchester united without van persie carrick or giggs or in ice hockey terms penguins without crosby malkin or letang

KaneDevils said:

I'm with you on that one. We do have a tendency to fire the puck around the boards and more often than not, it seems to land on the stick of our opponent. I know it does sometimes work and I know that sometimes it's the only way out of a situation but I'm not sure I like that tactic too much.
Maybe it's just me.......