Votes: 11 18.6%
  • It's ok

Votes: 14 23.7%
  • No, I don't like it

Votes: 34 57.6%

• Total voters

Sheincar

Diafol said:
Loving a bit of Quo for the goal song, from where I was standing everyone seemed to be joining in too.
So much better & the clap clap goal thing finished quickly too when the music started.

DevilDom

Lots of participation from all around the rink from what I could see with the new music. It may be a bit cheesy but cheese seems to work!

Rempel16

Really like that music,

My only concern is that song is used when the Devils have a momentum building shift..... For me, it needs to stay as that as it builds the atmosphere well during those times.

It can't work as goal music and a momentum builder imo.

Sheincar said:
Diafol said:
Loving a bit of Quo for the goal song, from where I was standing everyone seemed to be joining in too.
So much better & the clap clap goal thing finished quickly too when the music started.
Ditto what both these guys said - people were clapping along for ages, just what we want!

davew

Agree with rempel16 on this.

This music serves well as a momentum builder, and it would be a shame to lose a piece of music that really can get the crowd back into the game.

Why not get someone to "remix" the old, old music to give it a newer edge?

Paul Sullivan

All of the people, some of the time... :)

The main reason I didn't want to use this as goal music originally is because it was such a good crowd piece. However that is mainly as it was only played after we had scored a goal (usually in the next stoppage) or there had been a particularly big passage of great play from the Devils. But 99% of airings were post-goal.

For me simply having everybody clapping and losing the fractious nature of the clap clap goal chant and goal music going on at the same time means it was a winner, and I am certain we will run with this.

I'm not a quo fan either but the reaction was pretty conclusive from where we were in the booth.

In it's place, following the Quo's 'promotion' to Goal music, I last night used the Blue Monday intro, and for a small crowd there were excellent results.

This kind of substitution can go on ad nauseum. We have a highly effective track, that is related only to our club, that works and had far more people clapping (and jumping up and down in many cases). I can't ask a great deal more from Goal music than that. No single choice will ever please 100% but we had something that was old and tired and needed changing, tried something that didn't work and now (considering the low crowd numbers especially) have something that gets a great reaction. It's not about how pure a rock track it is (Sorry James and Stub :) ) really, it's about the reaction and participation. Fingers crossed a larger crowd will like it even more on Sunday.

Four home wins from four, 5 points from the last six - I am more than happy that Goal Music is one of our areas of focus :D

Thanks again to all for the comments and thoughts.

DevilDom

Paul Sullivan said:
For me simply having everybody clapping and losing the fractious nature of the clap clap goal chant and goal music going on at the same time means it was a winner, and I am certain we will run with this.
+1 More than happy to have the cheesy Quo music that the majority of people join in with and lose the crap "clap clap goal" chant (which comes just from block 2 might I add :D ) which makes me cringe everytime I hear it. Seemed a really high take up on participation last night for a small and relatively quiet crowd so can't wait for a bumper crowd reaction to it.

mazza03

DevilDom said:
Paul Sullivan said:
+1 More than happy to have the cheesy Quo music that the majority of people join in with and lose the crap "clap clap goal" chant (which comes just from block 2 might I add :D ) which makes me cringe everytime I hear it. Seemed a really high take up on participation last night for a small and relatively quiet crowd so can't wait for a bumper crowd reaction to it.
Thanks to Paul for his hard work and consideration for us fans. :Banana

osh

James said:
can't abide Quo at any point. . ever :(

Can't abide Quo ??? You must be Dreamin'. Are you Livin On An Island or something? I mean, as I sit In My Chair playing with a Paper Plane it makes me wonder What Your Proposin. It's always good to go Down Down the rink to watch A Mess Of The Blues ( Blaze) Roll Over Lay Down before us. A squeelers fan, Caroline - a Mean Girl if ever there was one - once said to me ''That Voth lives on the Wild Side Of Life'' and will Break The Rules all the time. I said that's Lies, admittedly he played on The Wild Side Of Life, but he was a hero for us Again And Again and I Ain't Complainin. He was a giant and made the opposition look like Pictures Of Matchstick Men alongside him. She said ''I Didn't Mean It'' , so I took her for a drink and said ''Whatever You Want'' she replied '' It's Marquerita Time'' so I said '' Rock N' Roll'' there's Something Bout You Baby I like'' as long as you Don't Drive My Car after that drink. Its always Fun Fun Fun at the BBT, I've seen many teams Rollin Home with their tails between their legs!! I'm going Down Town Tonight before our Back To Back games against Coventry. Finally, Milam's gone, we never got to see that Piledriver of a shot did we?? :lol: :lol: :lol: