Search results

1. youngbob

And returning is........

http://www.cardiffdevils.com/news/josh-batch-returns-8th-season-devil/
  2. youngbob

IAW ticket prices

Just bought our tickets for the home leg of CC semi-final Until the ban on credit card charges came into effect, payments at IAW by cash did not carry any fee above face value They do now - the credit card charge has now been replaced by a booking fee, payable however and wherever you pay, the...
  3. youngbob

Play-off format

Anyone have any info / thoughts on how it will work this season? It's a long way off, and things will change, but on a pure points / game basis Coventry would currently win the Patton conference, but be 10th place in league, while Guildford and Manchester would be 2nd and 4th in that...
  4. youngbob

EDINBURGH CLAIMS UK CAPITAL OF HOCKEY TITLE

https://eliteleague.co.uk/edinburgh-claims-uk-capital-of-hockey-title/ Edinburgh has been named the UK capital of ice hockey by a Canadian travel website. Flight Network has published a list of 42 European cities, judged on “in-depth analysis of its hockey team, league, arena, unforgettable...
  5. youngbob

Dog racing

Anyone remember speedway in WNIR?
  6. youngbob

My school week

What a week it's been! First I'm given 6 of the best by "Old King Cole" the Headmaster, for talking in class, gosh that stung But what a wizzo few days we've had! The 1st XI go off to Tintown and come back after giving them a good thrashing, sherbet dabs all round boys 3 days later, and blow...
  7. youngbob

"Star" players

Plenty of speculation at the moment about our performance, so I took a look at some stats from Elite Prospects Layne Ulmer 2015-16 - 40 games for 28 goals and 60 points 2016-17 - 10 for 2 and 7 Guillaume Doucet 2015-16 - 64 for 35 and 55 2016-17 - 10 for 0 and 2 Sean Bentivoglio 2015-16 -...
  8. youngbob

From the department of dubious (and optimistic) statistics

We all know it's going to be tough to win the League - we're now deep into "if you want to go there, you don't want want to start from here" territory So we need to win all our outstanding games (hot news from the department of stating the b***ding obvious) BUT Sheffield have 2 more games...
  9. youngbob

Final run in

After last night's results, Braehead can still win the league, but to do that they now need to WIN 14 from 14 games =79 points AND Cardiff DROP 2 points from 12 games = 78 points They have 8 home, 6 away Form - Won 4 of last 5 home, Won 2 of last 5 away We have 6 home, 6 away Form - Won 5...
  10. youngbob

Premier Sports

Why stop coverage 1 minute before the end of the game?
  11. youngbob

Who to support at NIC?

My natural preference would be that Belfast beat Sheffield in the third and fourth place match, and Hull go on to beat Coventry in the final BUT.... First and second in league play in Champions League, Play Off winners play in Continental Cup, unless they're both playing in the Champions...
  12. youngbob

Conference system and "unfair adavantage"

This has appeared a few times in discussions lately, usually because Braehead have an "unfair advantage" I had a discussion in Glasgow Wetherspoons with Bob The Driver, and we had differing ideas on how to handle that, but with the same intent - to take out that advantage for a team which...
  13. youngbob

Firsts this season

After 21 years First ever year as Season Ticket holders First ever Red Army Travel - Scotland Triple Header next year First ever Meet the Players event First ever Replica Shirt ordered What changes has this new beginning meant for you?
  14. youngbob

Clutching at straws?

Just been looking at league and conference tables Cardiff have played more Erhardt games than anyone else in the Earhardt (23) Cardiff have played the least games against the Gardiner teams (14) Coventry have played less than anyone in the Erhardt (20) Coventry have played the most against...
  15. youngbob

ON ice performance vs. OFF ice politics

When I read a game review, whether we've won or lost, I'm interested in people's views on Was the game entertaining? Who played well? Who didn't perform? Where have we improved? What should we be doing better? I'm not particularly interested in all those "my Dad's bigger than your Dad"...
  16. youngbob

Play off format for next year

4 pairs of home and away games, 1 vs. 8, 2 vs. 7 etc. or 2 groups of 4, 1,3,5,7 and 2,4,6,8 owners get more revenue, we get more games which would you prefer, and why?
  17. youngbob

Streatham Rink under threat of closure

Taken from the Streatham Redskins Forum....thanks to Don Young The petition is about keeping the 'Continuity of Ice Provision' until the new Leisure Centre facility is finished. DO sign it, if you are a Player, a Redskins fan, a fan of another team, or even just a casual visitor to this forum...