IAW ticket prices

youngbob

Thread starter #1
Just bought our tickets for the home leg of CC semi-final

Until the ban on credit card charges came into effect, payments at IAW by cash did not carry any fee above face value

They do now - the credit card charge has now been replaced by a booking fee, payable however and wherever you pay, the exact opposite of the intention of the legislation

pjj365

Until the ban on credit card charges came into effect, payments at IAW by cash did not carry any fee above face value

They do now - the credit card charge has now been replaced by a booking fee, payable however and wherever you pay, the exact opposite of the intention of the legislation
Tweeted this to Devils - it is appalling

Have Hope#35

Is this a new thing then as every time I've bought with Cash at the Rink there's been no additional fee on top of the Ticket Price!?

pjj365

You can email adam.neal@BBC.co.uk as he is said to be looking into this according to a response I got from my tweet

youngbob

Thread starter #11
It appears to be legal, although they've now increased their revenue from ticket sales

From Saturday you should no longer be charged a fee for opting to pay by credit or debit card – but companies will still be able to add booking or admin fees as long as they also apply to other forms of payment.

The change is good news on the surface for consumers, who will no longer have to pay fees just because they're paying on plastic. Yet there are fears some companies will raise prices or introduce new service charges as a result

The Devils website states that there is a charge of £1.00, per ticket, for online and phone bookings, to pay cash, I presume Youngbob must have visited IAW, so the £1.00 booking fee should not apply. Mistake I hope, Will be interesting when I go for mine.

youngbob

Thread starter #13
The Devils website states that there is a charge of £1.00, per ticket, for online and phone bookings, to pay cash, I presume Youngbob must have visited IAW, so the £1.00 booking fee should not apply. Mistake I hope, Will be interesting when I go for mine.
Yes, called in today

davew

For this to be acceptable under the new legislation, the charge , surely needs to apply across the board - public skating, birthdays, ice time rentals, and cash sales in the bar and cafe etc etc. If not I don't see how they can justify it?

Even though companies are no longer allowed to charge a credit charge fee the banks are still issuing the costs of processing credit card payments to account holders thus IAW or whomever concerned is out of pocket. To counter this companies are allowed to charge an admin fee (or similarly described) however it must be rolled out to all payment methods to stay within the new law. Don't see this changing anytime soon I'm afraid!

Hedd Wyn John

This was entirely predictable, if you force a company to reduce its income by banning one method they’ll offset it another way. It happened to mobile phone roaming charges , the EU restricted them so the companies increased domestic tariffs to offset the loss.

Devil_Abroad

So when legislating to ‘help’ consumers they didn’t think that companies would find a different method to charge? And now it’s a ‘cash cow’ lol I find it appalling that companies are allowed to charge extras like admin fee etc as it means they advertise the tickets for events for less than what they actually cost consumers. Imagine catching the bus where the fare is £3 return but they then add a £1 admin fee so it actually costs £4. Same for insurance companies when they charge £25 admin fee for changing one field on a computer! Appalling.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hedd Wyn John

So when legislating to ‘help’ consumers they didn’t think that companies would find a different method to charge? And now it’s a ‘cash cow’ lol I find it appalling that companies are allowed to charge extras like admin fee etc as it means they advertise the tickets for events for less than what they actually cost consumers. Imagine catching the bus where the fare is £3 return but they then add a £1 admin fee so it actually costs £4. Same for insurance companies when they charge £25 admin fee for changing one field on a computer! Appalling.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
They should just include the extra £1 in the ticket price and be done with it.