Premier Sports

Diafol

Sorry guys I've just checked my Sky+ and now I see what you mean.
The recording stops with 1.37 left in the third.
Premier Sports never allow for games overrunning (or in this case jersey retirement ceremonies).

Glynne if you need a full recording for your archives let me know and I'll sort a DVD out for you.

pjj365

Diafol said:
Premier Sports never allow for games overrunning (or in this case jersey retirement ceremonies).

Glynne if you need a full recording for your archives let me know and I'll sort a DVD out for you.
Not sure if its Premier. I'm on Virgin and even got post game wrap up

Wannabe2

Diafol said:

Yes please thank you.

Only kept premier sports until this one anyway. Cancelling tomorrow as I cannot warrant paying £10 a month for 8 games a year.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Diafol

Basically what happens when you record a live event from BBC1 for example which overruns, they will update the programme guide via Sky to ensure any recordings won't be affected.
Premier Sports don't have this facility which would explain why all recordings ended early after Calders jersey retirement overran.

I'm with danhall76 on this one. I only re-subscribed this time last year as they offered a deal of £50 for 12 months.

They've massively reduced their EIHL coverage, and the offer this year is £99 for 12 months, so that's that as far as I'm concerned.

wildthing74

It's worth it for NHL highlights alone. 'On the fly' every day is great if you follow NHL hockey.EIHL coverage is getting better and Murph has done a lot as its him that's pushed for coverage and at least they do all POFW for those not there & the highlights show whilst is done on the cheap it's better than nothing. The days of Sky showing live games even midweek from ISL days seem a lifetime ago :(

Sheincar

I haven't bothered this season. Not that into NHL & not sufficient EIHL games for me. Will be at GB games & playoffs. Just not enough on there to make it worthwhile for me. Also I'm on Virgin & we just don't get any offers.

Diafol

If you watch NHL then GameCenter Live is by far the better option.
EIHL on Ice is just a compilation of You Tube clips shown every Thursday, so if you subscribe to each club's YT page you can usually have seen them all by Monday night.

TBH I'm sorry to have a bit of a downer on Premier Sports as I've been a subscriber since the days of NASN, but it just isn't value for money anymore when you consider the other options available.

Devil_Abroad

wildthing74 said:
It's worth it for NHL highlights alone. 'On the fly' every day is great if you follow NHL hockey.EIHL coverage is getting better and Murph has done a lot as its him that's pushed for coverage and at least they do all POFW for those not there & the highlights show whilst is done on the cheap it's better than nothing. The days of Sky showing live games even midweek from ISL days seem a lifetime ago :(
Agree

However they should be able to amend the schedule over run with Sky so as my subscription comes to a close I think I won't renew

This is also frustrating with their NHL coverage

Seems a shame now it's also in HD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've subscribed for a few years now as I like to record NHL games using Sky+ to then watch at my leisure.

I've found that the last couple of years have been much better TBH. Still the issue of games over-running but recording the program afterwards sorts that out. I also tend to record the live games but also the re-runs the next day just to make sure I get to see the game I want.

"Lost signal" problems have certainly got better and recording both the live and repeated games solves this 95% of the time.

Might sound daft but I also like to think I am doing my bit to keep Ice Hockey coverage on the map in the UK.

I don't watch the EIHL show usually. As mentioned by a poster earlier, I've pretty much seen it all before the show airs anyway. Have enjoyed watching some Swedish Hockey and the CHL as well though plus the GB games.

Come the end of the EIHL season and when into the NHL play-offs I find it a godsend. Closes the gap between my Devils Hockey fix! Off-season becomes slightly more bearable! :)

Love the Winter Classic series as well plus the All Star game.

I'll keep subscribing but may negotiate a better deal in the Summer!

I just can't not have it, there are issues but they aren't a major player like sky, and i'm glad they do all the NHL games. Just watched the bruins game, lost sadly but they were also on last night.

Game Centre is where its at though as I get it on my PS4