ON ice performance vs. OFF ice politics

youngbob

Thread starter #1
When I read a game review, whether we've won or lost, I'm interested in people's views on

Was the game entertaining?
Who played well?
Who didn't perform?
Where have we improved?
What should we be doing better?

I'm not particularly interested in all those "my Dad's bigger than your Dad" arguments

Pope is the best coach we ever had / Pope must go
It would never have happened if G was coach, whether we've won or lost
Pope's not really the coach, it's actually one of the players
I "know" what's going on but I'm not going to tell you

osh

youngbob said:
When I read a game review, whether we've won or lost, I'm interested in people's views on

Who played well?
Who didn't perform?
Where have we improved?

I'm not particularly interested in all those "my Dad's bigger than your Dad" arguments

Looking forward to seeing your future posts regarding the 1st 5 points you have made. How about starting with last Sundays game?

rocketbob

youngbob said:

Who played well?
Who didn't perform?
Where have we improved?

+ 1

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Mooney#16

So you want to discuss hockey tactics and team performance. You can just do one mate. Most ridiculous post I've ever read. Everyone loves a dreamer but come on. Remember kids. Don't do drugs or you could lose touch with reality like this lost soul.

I think it's a fair enough post to be fair. Can we not talk about hockey or does it have to be all about moaning?

I thought we did really well this weekend. I didn't see the hull game but 4-1 is a really good result.
I was at the steelers game and I thought it was a really good display by us. There were a few missed chances but the goals were well executed plays. Drawing the keeper across and leaving the shooter with an open net to shoot into. I went bonkers when morrisette scored that second goal. And the ENG was the icing on the cake for me.
There may have been a few fluff ups, such as Plumton powering forward from the D then losing the puck, which should have left us in trouble but didn't as blight would slip back and take his place. Risky by Plumton but good awareness from blighter I think.
I'm ignoring the who-har off the ice now as it was dragging the love I had for hockey out of me. I. There for the guys wearing red on the ice and they really are pulling together now. Lacosta is showing just how good he his. His goals against must be pretty good now with letting 2 over 2 games. If pope is to lead us to any silverware this season good on the guy. If not then so be it. What we should remember we are here for the team on the ice, the logo on the front of the shirt and because we love this club. It's like that girl you can't quite break up with, just as you think it's about time to walk away, then you remember why you love them and why you are with them in the first place.

Let's go devils! Happy hockey days!

(think that was pretty hockey based)

youngbob

Thread starter #9
osh said:
youngbob said:

Who played well?
Who didn't perform?
Where have we improved?

Looking forward to seeing your future posts regarding the 1st 5 points you have made. How about starting with last Sundays game?
Entertaining? YES, best game I've seen for some time - that's what I want to see at games

Who performed well? Everyone, more effort from all

Who didn't perform? No-one that I noticed

Where have we improved? The devils looked like they were playing as a team, with players knowing where team mates were positioned - in short, it looked like there was a plan, AND it was being followed. And no second period taking the foot off the gas

What should we be doing better? From Sunday's game - not a lot from my perspective, but I'm sure the coaching staff and players will have their own ideas

Overall a very good performance, hopefully something that has restored some confidence, and can be built upon over the coming weeks and months

jimmy snels

Personally I put the victory down to a few crucial factors. I stopped wearing my devils cursed jersey and wore a bruins one. Noodlesboy was sitting not standing. Cookiesnaughtyboy is in new york. All key, key points :lol:

Mooney#16 said:
So you want to discuss hockey tactics and team performance. You can just do one mate. Most ridiculous post I've ever read. Everyone loves a dreamer but come on. Remember kids. Don't do drugs or you could lose touch with reality like this lost soul.
Why is it a ridiculous post Dave, you do not explain?

drainage

youngbob said:

Who played well?
Who didn't perform?
Where have we improved?

I am beyond fed up of some of the point scoring petty minded squabbles that have made us a mockery in the league lately .......I want to have a winning team who enjoy what they do and on Sunday I saw that long may it continue

Whatever the rights wrongs or downright indifferent actions of late how about we all wind our necks in and start supporting a team we all say we support?

Mooney#16

10redcastleknight said:
Mooney#16 said:
Why is it a ridiculous post Dave, you do not explain?
Yeah. Sorry. Just as crap at humour as I am at hockey. If you know me well enough I'll chew the fat on anything hockey so won't put anyone down who wants to do the same.

drainage said:
youngbob said:

Who played well?
Who didn't perform?
Where have we improved?

I am beyond fed up of some of the point scoring petty minded squabbles that have made us a mockery in the league lately .......I want to have a winning team who enjoy what they do and on Sunday I saw that long may it continue

Whatever the rights wrongs or downright indifferent actions of late how about we all wind our necks in and start supporting a team we all say we support?
Exactly. Devils' supporters support the Devils, personalities are not relevant, hockey is.