From the department of dubious (and optimistic) statistics

youngbob

Thread starter #1
We all know it's going to be tough to win the League - we're now deep into "if you want to go there, you don't want want to start from here" territory

So we need to win all our outstanding games (hot news from the department of stating the b***ding obvious)

BUT

Sheffield have 2 more games against Nottingham, so they cannot BOTH get maximum points, but nor can they both lose everything

We play Belfast 3 times and Nottingham once, so we can't all lose everything

Which rules out Braehead, even if it looks mathematically possible

wildthing74

Re: From the department of dubious (and optimistic) statisti

I still think 4 wins will be enough to win it. Need some regulation wins obviously but with everybody playing each other that IMO would see us as champs.

youngbob

Thread starter #3

Pushing it close by then, relying on results where we have no influence

We'll know in 2 weeks.......

See you in IAW :D

kettdevil1

wildthing74 said:
I still think 4 wins will be enough to win it. Need some regulation wins obviously but with everybody playing each other that IMO would see us as champs.
That's my take on it as well...... Makes next weekend massive. Two wins and all of a sudden it is almost certain that it will go down to the last weekend. Lose one of the games and it puts pressure on us to get something in the O midweek.

James

Administrator

On the plus side if it comes down to Shuff or us for the league I can't see our last game being that hard. Unless the Panthers can better their PO opponent I don't think they would fight too hard to get Sheffield the title :)

youngbob

Thread starter #6

One similar thing that did occur to me

Will Sheffield be supporting Nottingham if that's the deciding match between us and Sheffield for the league?

:shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: