Final run in

youngbob

Thread starter #1
After last night's results, Braehead can still win the league, but to do that they now need to

WIN 14 from 14 games =79 points

AND

Cardiff DROP 2 points from 12 games = 78 points

They have 8 home, 6 away

Form - Won 4 of last 5 home, Won 2 of last 5 away

We have 6 home, 6 away

Form - Won 5 of last 5 home, Won 3 of last 5 away

So, no pressure, just need to win every game and it's ours!

I hope someone's told Lordo, as he "never looks at the table"

august04

And they still play Edinburgh a few times so that's maximum points in the bag, while we're slugging it out with mostly Erhardt conference teams. Looks better for us than it did a week or two ago but still will be tough for us to win.

Ocko

Add into the mix that Braehead's Captain and best player (Keith) looks set to be sidelined for a period after being admitted to hospital in Nottingham with a rib injury last night; certainly makes the league a little more unpredictable now.

Add into that the move across to IAW means we play our last 8 league games all on big ice

It's a big wait and see to see how that affects us

Diafol

At least the Panthers did us a favour last night by beating the Clan.
Clan play the Flyers tonight, I don't think they will have an easy ride there either.

Ocko said:
Add into the mix that Braehead's Captain and best player (Keith) looks set to be sidelined for a period after being admitted to hospital in Nottingham with a rib injury last night; certainly makes the league a little more unpredictable now.
They lost Meyer as well on a 5 plus game for spearing so possible Dops review. Also reports on Twitter that Pitt didn't ice towards the end of the game.

Legin

They will be without Ben Davies for Thursday game against Edinburgh and next weekend for the games against Manchester. (GB duties)

youngbob

Thread starter #10
Fife made it a whole lot harder for Braehead last night, need to win all remaining and us to lose 2

Form over last 5 games

Clan now 3 from 5 at home, 2 from 5 away

Devils now 5 from 5 at home, 3 from 5 away

Koop11

Clan have another injury. Matt Haywood broke his law last night. Tough time to be taking injuries and suspensions.

ASHIPP

Despite injuries to the Clan, they still have a sizeable roster to ice a decent team including a choice of import netminders.

Unlike Storm and Capitals who have the smallest rosters in the league with no leeway if they have injuries.
:shock:

ASHIPP

A wonderful win for the Storm tonight with one of the smallest rosters in the league. 4-1 against the Clan.
Well done to those Guys and a treat for the home fans.

youngbob

Thread starter #15
Two weeks ago Clan were the danger team for us, but with their recent form I'm thinking 4th at best for them

With Fife's performance of late they could even struggle with the Gardiner too

All based on points per game so far, extrapolated to end of season

Only needs a small slip for Coventry to miss out on playoff spot to Manchester, who have come good lately

As always, Devils can only control the games they play in, but a win tonight would put us in a very good position

Gospel

Well 8 games to go and i reckon we'll get 10pts from 16 from those games, will it be enough?

The Panties could very well end up winning the league as they play us & Shuff & if they win those they should be in the driving seat.

Shuff, in my opinion, will need to win 7 or even all of their remaining games if they are to have any chance.

Giants double header will be make or break for us i feel, 4pts are a must.

dave

So it's a 3 horse race and this is what is left fixture wise:

Devils Played 44 62 Points

Thu 25 Fife Flyers Away
Sat 27 Coventry Blaze Home
March
Fri 4 Nottingham Panthers Away
Sat 12 Belfast Giants Home
Sun 13 Belfast Giants Home
Wed 16 Belfast Giants Away
Sat 19 Manchester Storm Away
Sun 20 Nottingham Panthers Home

Steelers Played 45 Points 60

Sat 27th Feb Dundee Home
Sun 28th Feb Coventry Away
Sat 05th Mar Fife Home
Sat 12th Mar Nottingham Away
Sun 13th Mar Coventry Home
Sat 19th Mar Nottingham Home
Sun 20th Mar Fife Away

Panthers Played 43 Points 56

Fri 26 Giants Home
Sun 28 Clan Away
Fri 4 Mar Devils Home
Wed 9 Mar Blaze Away
Sat 12 Mar Steelers Home
Sun 13 Mar Flyers Away
Wed 16 Mar Blaze Home
Sat 19 Mar Steelers Away
Sun 20 Mar Devils Away

Ocko

I think 10 points would see us home; I can't see Nottingham or Sheffield winning out, not when they have tough games against each other. But, their schedule is easier than ours; which gives us only a very slight advantage. We will have to win all our remaining home games(4) and steal a result or two away.

Kal

I fear Fife and Manchester more than Belfast or Nottingham. Luckily we only have to play Fife once and Steelers have them twice.