Final run in

DevilDom

So Thompson talks about Steelers having the easier run in after last nights game. This includes an in form Fife team twice, a Blaze team desperately chasing a play-off spot and who have already beaten Steelers 3 out of 3 in the league at home twice and bitter rivals Panthers who are also chasing the title twice.

Not only is it very disrespectful to the teams they have left to play, I don't think it's right.

It's also a stupid statement to make. If you concede that you've got the easier run in, all that does is pile the pressure on your team and make you/them look bad if you don't deliver the goods.

He'd have been better off saying how the Devils 'have got it to lose' and how our run-in is easier than theirs etc....put the spotlight back on Cardiff.

youngbob

Thread starter #27
IF Sheffield earn all 14 from their 7 remaining games, they'll have 74 points
Recent form - 2 wins from 5 home games, 3 wins from last 5 away

IF Nottingham earn all 18 from their 9 remaining games, they'll have 74 points
Recent form - 3 at home, 4 away

IF Cardiff earn 13 from our remaining 8 games, we'll have 75 points
Recent form - 4 at home, 4 away

The remaining fixtures include
Nottingham vs Sheffield - 2 games
Nottingham vs Cardiff - 2 games

Hopefully they'll split the points between them

pjj365

Remind me please when were we talking about Clan having am easy run in to the league title

It will be what it will be to quote Lordo - one game at a time

The Devils control their own destiny. Every other team can win every game between now and the end of the season, and still not be league champions. Hard games/easy game....it doesn't really matter. This is a great, and enviable, position to be in.

Lordo has a great philosophy - he won't be thinking about taking X number of points from the rest of the games. He'll focus on the next game, and only that game, and aim to take the 2 points. Once that's out of the way, on to the next game...aim to take 2 points. Eventually, he'll run out of games and the Devils will finish where they finish.

Hopefully, at the top of the pile, staring down at the rest!

DevilDom

Devil94 said:
We have 3 more regulation wins more than Shuff, so it's also likely they'll need to be a full point ahead.
Not that I want to be that close but wouldn't it be sweet if we won it on regulation wins after losing out for the same reason back in the record breaking season?

James

Administrator
DevilDom said:
Devil94 said:
We have 3 more regulation wins more than Shuff, so it's also likely they'll need to be a full point ahead.
Not that I want to be that close but wouldn't it be sweet if we won it on regulation wins after losing out for the same reason back in the record breaking season?
I wouldn't trust the league to suddenly have decided the tie breaker conditions have changed so Shuff won.

Temme

James said:
DevilDom said:
Devil94 said:
I wouldn't trust the league to suddenly have decided the tie breaker conditions have changed so Shuff won.
It will probably be the team with the most letter "S" in the name this year.
:lol:

TommyDevil13 said:
The Devils control their own destiny. Every other team can win every game between now and the end of the season, and still not be league champions. Hard games/easy game....it doesn't really matter. This is a great, and enviable, position to be in.

Lordo has a great philosophy - he won't be thinking about taking X number of points from the rest of the games. He'll focus on the next game, and only that game, and aim to take the 2 points. Once that's out of the way, on to the next game...aim to take 2 points. Eventually, he'll run out of games and the Devils will finish where they finish.

Hopefully, at the top of the pile, staring down at the rest!
Sorry dude but i disagree. If the Panthers win all of their remaining games in regulation then we`ll win the title. We are currently 6 points behind you Devils with one game in hand. Win that and we are 4 points behind. Beat you twice ( big ask, i know) and we`ll be level. but, in front on regulation wins