Statement from Dan LaCosta

Welshy74

StevenBletsoe said:
Haven't seen this particular DD mandate but there is a DD guarantee that covers all transactions on behalf of the customer. There are many safeguards put into these agreements for this purpose, worth checking out the legalities and that you were 100% aware of what you were signing
Who would be the best person to speak to????

Mooney#16

The thing is whilst every other teams fans can look on and think poor old Devils and players will say I'm not playing there whilst the league is un unionised and un regulated by a separate governing body this could be the fate of any club in the league. It's not an issue in isolation to Cardiff. They are just currently the yard stick for poor management but put any of the owners into a restrictive financial situation and watch the dirty tricks come out. I'm not excusing Ragan in any way but just to reiterate my constant stance that this league is rotten. Everything is about a quick buck for 9 owner ships and that is the some total of board objective. Long term strategy and competent governance of the top level of UK hockey is of a standard a kin to gross misconduct. The EIHL is the exploitation ice hockey league. Dan's situation sucks but not un common in employment and can be solved with a cheque in reality. But it's the tip of the iceberg as far as this league goes. Fans and sponsors need to drive changes and that means lobbying the league not just flinging insults at Ragan on twitter.

It's a beer league. The players need to be signing league audited contracts with club and league insurance ratified by a players union. For players to play the game they have to have financial and medical assurances otherwise how as a fan can I demand the guy drops the gloves or finishes his hits potentially endangering that. Whilst the on ice product across the league wishes to be increased. Sort the league structure off it also. For me I'll still support the Devils because I want to give my lad the chance to fall in love with the sport like I have but support this league or ownership. Not happening.

i agree that when the cupboards bare many owners may look cut expenses for the greater good of the team. However if contracts are being ignored then thats totally unprofessional..respect to Dan for releasing this..it doesnt affect my respect for the club though only the dopey current owner..and i dont agree that Fifes board are only in it for the money..if they were they would have left years ago...they are very careful at the helm..ie dropping down leagues..only stepping up to EIHL when financially viable etc they do a fine job

Welshy74 said:
StevenBletsoe said:
Haven't seen this particular DD mandate but there is a DD guarantee that covers all transactions on behalf of the customer. There are many safeguards put into these agreements for this purpose, worth checking out the legalities and that you were 100% aware of what you were signing
Who would be the best person to speak to????
First point of call would be the Financial Services Authority, there is a large legal difference between direct debits and standing orders, with protections for customers with dd's. Have foind them to be really helpful in the past

Ocko said:
devils2001uk said:
EllieB said:
Why the heck haven't the EIHL stepped in to see what's going on? or are they so far up each others backsides they don't want to rock the boat.
Puts the league in very poor light and such a shame for you the fans. To be honest I don't think Regan gives a crap what you lot think he's just going to do what he wants anyway. Vote with your feet and stay away. Pity there's not a 'just giving' page to help out those not paid but hey what you people bail Regan out.
Can't see the league stepping in, as it run by the owners and every club in this league have done the same

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Except some rumours surrounding Hull, name me one other club that has acted in any way similar to Ragan? Braehead, Fife, Edinburgh, Sheffield, Belfast, Nottingham, Coventry, Dundee - not one rumour of unpaid players.
And this includes Fife having two players, Matt Cohen and Tim Maxwell, having had their careers ended with concussion issues in our first season in the Elite league and all you ever heard from them was how well Flyers looked after them

Firstly can I say that the courage shown by Dan making this statement is outstanding. All the rumours circulating regarding the none payment of wages to some Devils players have now been shown to be completely true, not just to Dan, but also a £500 payment still owed to Andrew Conboy.
Paul Ragan has and is damaging the fantastic reputation of Cardiff Devils continuously, and the sooner he is removed/resigns the better for all concerned at Cardiff.
He has stayed mysteriously quite of late in response to these allegations, but more worryingly he has not come forward with any firm news regarding the current situation financially. Will there be funding there to put a competitive side on the ice? What has happened regarding the advanced payments made by some fans for season tickets?
Something needs to be done quickly......that's your cue EIHL

WheresWally said:
Firstly can I say that the courage shown by Dan making this statement is outstanding. All the rumours circulating regarding the none payment of wages to some Devils players have now been shown to be completely true, not just to Dan, but also a £500 payment still owed to Andrew Conboy.
Paul Ragan has and is damaging the fantastic reputation of Cardiff Devils continuously, and the sooner he is removed/resigns the better for all concerned at Cardiff.
He has stayed mysteriously quite of late in response to these allegations, but more worryingly he has not come forward with any firm news regarding the current situation financially. Will there be funding there to put a competitive side on the ice? What has happened regarding the advanced payments made by some fans for season tickets?
Im sure this has been said before but "the EIHL" are the owners there is no governing body other than the owners.

TheStub

jester said:
WheresWally said:
Im sure this has been said before but "the EIHL" are the owners there is no governing body other than the owners.
That is a huge problem. The people overseeing the league are those with a financial interest in the league. There needs to be something more - some form of independent board. A central, independent department of officiating, with a separate body looking at discipline.

There also needs to be a union for players, and even a body representing the fans.

None of this need cost much. You could find volunteers to get most of this running with little fuss. But the league will not give up that power, and certainly wouldn't want the spectre of "voluntary" bodies for their professional beer league.

Devil94 said:
If you see one of his taxis, definitely don't kick the tail lights in. Definitely don't do that...
I would definitely not book taxi's to false addresses either.

What makes this arrogant no mark believe he can walk into our city, country, buy up businesses and treat staff this way.

He owns and runs a recruitment agency, this is a great advert & to which he uses it to sponsor the devils, luckily though his business ability is as good as his people skills, having read the financials the recruitment business and his other interests he shouldn't be around to long, if he sold everything today, I doubt he'd own a rage to wipe his arse with.

Sad though as those companies have staff, families and bills, I doubt there going to have a good yr either. :(

wildthing74

jodysstillagirlsname said:
I am expecting more players to come forward long before any statement from the club, possibly as early as today
I've never felt so low about our club.I agree with this and clearly being a nice guy gets you nowhere.Good on him though too.

Wannabe2

Just how low can anyone go, i mean treating people with such disrepect is untrue, and taking OUR club to the edge of destruction sucks big time. No way back for you now Ragan..

Wannabe2

Nothjng would surprise mě now about how those two treated the players, wouldnt be surprised if they are all owed money. Disgraceful behaviour, and its now being carried on with the appaling treatment of fans.