Statement from Dan LaCosta

jimmy snels

Hang about iv not said that! The point im making is I wish the negativity would go with ragan. The release of a statement the day after a fans night and signings announced allegedly where we should be on a high is my point. Why not release it today?

As for "morals", I paid 445 pound for my season ticket already and I don't feel morally obliged in the slightest if that money is not used correctly to delve into my pocket again. Each to their own but ragan should be paying this IMO not me. As per usual if someone doesn't agree with you on here your attacked personally. Don't question my morals, question the post.

jimmy snels

And just to clarify I didn't attack anyone for going outside I kept asking for the reasons which no one ever gave so I couldn't support it. It seemed like a vendetta at the time to me so I wouldn't join without the facts. Jody (mark) was the only one who ever came forward to me to explain and afterwards I left the subject the hell alone and backed away as I realised it may be true

Temme

Everyone knows that you have inside links with the club James (Bissonnette signing...) so you may as well admit it now.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

See you in September mate!

much love x

jimmy snels

Temme said:
Everyone knows that you have inside links with the club James (Bissonnette signing...) so you may as well admit it now.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

See you in September mate!

much love x
:lol: damn it, people are definitely going to believe that now!

Im also going to do all that work to get in with kelman now, shouldn't be too difficult mind as ragan explained they were good friends so whilst we were having a fish supper at pauls, kelman dropped in for a coffee so we're already acquainted :Ninja
Yer can't wait mate, last season was sooooo shit, iv just got this feeling I might get back too really enjoying it again. Provided Al doesn't boo hill, that was just poor form :lol:

Sheincar

jimmy snels said:
Hang about iv not said that! The point im making is I wish the negativity would go with ragan. The release of a statement the day after a fans night and signings announced allegedly where we should be on a high is my point. Why not release it today?

As for "morals", I paid 445 pound for my season ticket already and I don't feel morally obliged in the slightest if that money is not used correctly to delve into my pocket again. Each to their own but ragan should be paying this IMO not me. As per usual if someone doesn't agree with you on here your attacked personally. Don't question my morals, question the post.
Maybe the statement is not released today because perhaps Ragan has been given a deadline by which to comply which expires overnight.

Gazza272

Sheincar said:
Maybe the statement is not released today because perhaps Ragan has been given a deadline by which to comply which expires overnight.

Maybe.

But then it's impossible for those fans not close to the situation to know that isn't it?

jimmy snels

Being my point exactly as to why I question lots of things! There's two loops, the outer loop and the inner hoop so those outside don't know everything.

Like I said the other day I hope this club is run more professionally now so all these divides can be left in the past

DevilDom

James said:
Absolutely. I also wouldn't want to think that the players issues were of use when trying to remove Ragan but are no longer important now we have a new owner.
My point exactly.

I guess Dan doesn't want this to get forgotten in the Euphoria of Ragan going, but maybe the fact he is waiting until Friday is to not to try and overshadow or dampen the events of yesterday and today.

Finny said:
I think the point was that jimmy snels didn't want to hear about players not being paid. Which I too think is a pretty poor attitude.

I can understand some people not feeling they should not have to give money to pay the players, but to ask that this information not even be publicised is a bit off IMHO.
Thanks Finny that was my point.
Of course it is up to each individual if they would want to contribute to paying money owed to players by Ragan but to ignore or think that Ragan was doing no wrong and attack posters who question posters who criticised what was going on is a moral issue and Jimmy has constantly done that !
As he has said before, he doesn't care what's happening as long as he gets to see hockey.
And to Jimmy when you post something sensible where you don't attack the poster then I will attack the post and not the poster.
You want to practise what you preach mate :DWD

Sliput said:
Finny said:
Is it not?
No, its choice. If i had not been paid by my bosses would i expect my customers to chip in to help pay my wages ? Of course not but that doesnt mean that my customers (or Devils fans) do not have morals as they are unwilling to help me. It is my employers job to pay me for the work i have completed not anyone else.

I am not saying people shouldnt give money to help the players , as has been posted , it is their choice but to question the morals of people who choose not to give money is a little silly.
Please Sliput stop posting about if your boss didn't pay you your wages.
You ain't a professional sportsman and you don't ply your trade on the other side of the world in a different country with different laws.
Get a grip :DWD

Sliput

rogue123 said:
Sliput said:
Finny said:
Is it not?
No, its choice. If i had not been paid by my bosses would i expect my customers to chip in to help pay my wages ? Of course not but that doesnt mean that my customers (or Devils fans) do not have morals as they are unwilling to help me. It is my employers job to pay me for the work i have completed not anyone else.

I am not saying people shouldnt give money to help the players , as has been posted , it is their choice but to question the morals of people who choose not to give money is a little silly.
Please Sliput stop posting about if your boss didn't pay you your wages.
You ain't a professional sportsman and you don't ply your trade on the other side of the world in a different country with different laws.
Get a grip :DWD
The job title is irrelevant.

Get a grip ?? is that really the best you can come up with ??

jimmy snels

rogue123 said:
Finny said:
I think the point was that jimmy snels didn't want to hear about players not being paid. Which I too think is a pretty poor attitude.

I can understand some people not feeling they should not have to give money to pay the players, but to ask that this information not even be publicised is a bit off IMHO.
Thanks Finny that was my point.
Of course it is up to each individual if they would want to contribute to paying money owed to players by Ragan but to ignore or think that Ragan was doing no wrong and attack posters who question posters who criticised what was going on is a moral issue and Jimmy has constantly done that !
As he has said before, he doesn't care what's happening as long as he gets to see hockey.
And to Jimmy when you post something sensible where you don't attack the poster then I will attack the post and not the poster.
You want to practise what you preach mate :DWD
That was pretty hard to decipher but I think your bringing up the fact I didn't go along with the militia initially? Ok here goes I WAS WRONG AND THE MILITIA WERE CLEARLY PROVEN TO BE RIGHT. That's just for clarity incase you've missed any of the previous times I said I felt totally let down by the lies that were spun by ragan or pope.

I never "attacked" anyone personally. That is total fabrication unless your and ex dj or owner ? I asked for facts and wasn't given any on several occasions over a period of months. Its not my fault I don't just except what im told without question. I wanted to know examples to make my decision. Im admittedly not close to anyone close to the team and have no inside knowledge.

As you have it in for my morals on this feel free to come see me at the rink if iv upset you. Im pretty approachable I think. Im not quite sure what your so angry about in all honesty

Finny

What a thoroughly classy statement from LaCosta. And the fact he recommended Culligan to us shows he means it.

Shocking that Ragan still owes him money and hasn't even replied to him. A lovely gesture by the CDRA though I obviously hope that Ragan is made to pay the money he owes LaCosta/CDRA.

Have Hope#35

Have Hope#35 said:
ASHIPP said:
Using the words 'issuing a further statement after seeking legal advice' suggests more revelation or statement of intent rather than thanking fans. Or perhaps a reminder thatin our euphoria for the future of our club that we should not forget the difficulties of last season? Whilst its appauling that a lot of money might still be owed to some players,these matters now surely should be pursued privately?

RedArmy and fans have already agreed to hold and support fundraising events for the affected players....btw when are the dates for those?

Rumbling in the background it does leave a sour taste in what should be a glorious watershed moment for our club, its new owners, new roster and all the fans.
'Revelation' is finding out that you're going to get your money or that your legally entitled to it! I didn't say that it would just be a thank you... The truth is we don't know and because this has become public knowledge it deserves some sort of closure. (Not just sweeping it under the carpet!)
So I wasn't far off and this is without any knowledge of what's going on!!! Dan has his money, unfortunately not from the person who should have been made to pay him and generally it was a thank you to everyone but Ragan and Pope... All in all with the new 'Professional' Ownership in place and Ragan finally gone I'd say that the Cardiff Devils have come away from this rather unscathed! A very well written statement by LaCosta that actually sells the Devil's as a place to play... Clearly he has no worries in suggesting us to other players. I just hope that Ragan is still brought to justice somehow and that anyone owed money by him is rightfully paid, unlikely unfortunately :evil:

wildthing74 said:
Yet again well done Dan and as for you Mr Ragan I hope the few grand you ripped these guys off for was worth it.
John, I'm not sure why you afford Ragan the luxury of a title, there's a few more titles I could think of, but perhaps your thinking of younger people who may view this board :lol:

wildthing74 said:
Yet again well done Dan and as for you Mr Ragan I hope the few grand you ripped these guys off for was worth it.
Can't believe he's got the audacity to put himself up for chairman of the DCF after all the financial revelations.

buzzwagon said:
wildthing74 said:
Can't believe he's got the audacity to put himself up for chairman of the DCF after all the financial revelations.
Easy, he's got rid of the team that needed to be funded but wants to keep his greedy little paws on what he sees to be the cash cow, although it should be a non profit org so can't see where the cash will come from unless he is going to install ninja car park attendants on match nights