Panthers Vs Devils - League - 11th Dec 22 - 16:00 FO

Diafol

Just to add insult to injury, the Manchester Storm team who beat the Panthers 7-1 last night have lost 9-0 to Coventry this evening.

E.D.S.

I know this loss sucks but I'd ignore this one - if that's possible. It was genuinely a team that has run out of gas. We looked absolutely on our last legs. The effort was there but the energy levels were zero. Tanks were empty. We all know the issues run deeper than this loss as Diablo is pointing out.
Replacements were needed but weren't brought it. They are still needed now and whilst I'm sure the scouts are on the look out I find it hard to imagine that there aren't any available players who can suit up. Our recruitment hasn't quite hit the mark and the coach is still proving himself. I'd rather he proved himself somewhere else and we had more experience behind the bench. Its a frustrating season. We're 5th at best this year. The quicker we except that and hang our season on the odd win in Sheffield here and there to boost morale the better. This team has a long way to go. What concerns me is that most will no doubt be back next year as we're such good eggs when it comes to looking after players.

Slartibartfast

Yes we looked knackered. Yes we had 3 players out. But the reason we lost this heavily was for all the same reason we lost all the other games. Same players, same mistakes. We don't learn even in the same game. We got caught on a breakaway with no D due to a bad change. 10 minutes later we did exactly the same again.

Wannabe2

Dupont said for 2 periods we just sat back, not being funny here bud, but your the coach why did you allow them to sit back for 2 periods. We had our cup final last night and won, so that’s fine. We had one less player than the worse team Panthers have ever had, why don’t we shoot when we have the chance instead of trying to walk it in. We played 3 games in 5 days, we didnt run 3 marathons in 5 days, being replaced every few minutes. And guess what we have another game Wednesday, but we know the result of that one already,at least we realise we have a Jekyl and Hyde team, but unfortunately we do more Hyding than Jekylin. Fortunately it’s only a game so no need to get worked up over it.

Wannabe2

We have conceeded 24 more goals than Steelers in one game more, this defence is something else without a doubt the worse defence in donkeys years, averaging 3 goals against per game, think the word lousy comes to mind.

Kevin roog

a couple of panthers fans on Twitter have mentioned that kozun is the worst netminder they have seen up there, I don’t agree with this, I agree with wannabe, the defence is where we need sorting

august04 2.0

Dupont said for 2 periods we just sat back, not being funny here bud, but your the coach why did you allow them to sit back for 2 periods. We had our cup final last night and won, so that’s fine. We had one less player than the worse team Panthers have ever had, why don’t we shoot when we have the chance instead of trying to walk it in. We played 3 games in 5 days, we didnt run 3 marathons in 5 days, being replaced every few minutes. And guess what we have another game Wednesday, but we know the result of that one already,at least we realise we have a Jekyl and Hyde team, but unfortunately we do more Hyding than Jekylin. Fortunately it’s only a game so no need to get worked up over it.
It seems to be the same story after every loss, yet we do nothing about it during the game and repeat it a couple of games later. The message is clearly not getting through to these players. Kelman thinks we'll still be competing for the league title on the last weekend (quote from the Q&A session) - seriously Todd? We’re so far away from a league championship it’s untrue, unless he can find a gem or two to replace some of the dead wood in this lineup.

Wannabe2

Even Panthers fans talking about how many passes we make when on the power play, we just don’t shoot we want pretty pretty and it don’t happen. A fairly good hockey player once said you miss 100% of the shots you don’t take, think he was number 99, and his initials were W G.

osh

Fully appreciate we had 4 players missing..but there is no excuse for not looking interested or competing for 2 periods.
if DuPont and a good few players were racehorses, they would have been put down by now !

BostonBart22

It seems to be the same story after every loss, yet we do nothing about it during the game and repeat it a couple of games later. The message is clearly not getting through to these players. Kelman thinks we'll still be competing for the league title on the last weekend (quote from the Q&A session) - seriously Todd? We’re so far away from a league championship it’s untrue, unless he can find a gem or two to replace some of the dead wood in this lineup.
Need more than 1 or 2 gems ....5 would get us up the table maybe 3rd at the finish

I’m sick of it.. Kelman spouting guff in the q and a. He must take us as fools. This team clearly needs new faces to even contemplate competing for the title. Salary cap is bull. Look at what the other clubs are doing. Underperform and your out. I know the loyal fan will say we are not that type of club but maybe we should be as this league is moving on and leaving us behind.

E.D.S.

I’d be keen to know when Todd’s rhetoric of “underperforming” becomes “poor coaching” and then “poor recruitment”. I wonder what his threshold are.

Having never owned or managed a hockey team, personally I take what Todd said in the Q & A as the truth. I don’t think he needs to spin it in any way. Am I disappointed with our inconsistency? Yes. Is it the end of the world? Not for me, that’s sport. I went to Sheffield & Nottingham this week. Spent my money, we lost, so be it. I’ve seen us win & lose many times in both places. That’s the chance you take and I’m happy with that.

Finny

I’m sick of it.. Kelman spouting guff in the q and a. He must take us as fools. This team clearly needs new faces to even contemplate competing for the title. Salary cap is bull. Look at what the other clubs are doing. Underperform and your out. I know the loyal fan will say we are not that type of club but maybe we should be as this league is moving on and leaving us behind.
Did you tell Kelman during the Q&A he was spouting guff and what was his answer?