Panthers Vs Devils - League - 11th Dec 22 - 16:00 FO

lloyd_jeff

So no names from the current EIHL crop? My call would be that I wouldn't swap him for anyone in the league but happy to hear names of people who are perceived to be better.
It wouldn’t have to be anyone from the EIHL, heck, it doesnt necessarily need to be anyone from a hockey background. You’ve heard the term delegate, you employ people around with the necessary skills and experience, I’m sorry if I’m sounding condescending, you seem fixated on needing a person already in the role & from the EIHL, you don’t. Look at Lord, from player to coach to GM, yes massively experienced but ultimately until he became a GM he had zero practical experience. You seem to be dismissive of or ignoring the fact you can employ outside of the role.

lloyd_jeff

Doubt Todd would comment on this but he has a first degree and MBA.
Join LinkedIn to see his public references
But your second sentence is insulting and anyway irrelevant - particularly as you think there are 100s of capable people out there I'm guessing many of whom have hockey and nothing else of their CV
Why is the second sentence insulting ?

lloyd_jeff

I laughed at this comment, your making yourself look stupid and like a petulant child.
Think people are missing the point l was making, hint, “hockey club management“, not sports business management, not sports coaching level 1, not sports psychology, or any of the other sports related degrees. Simply stating to qualify as a GM a person won’t have a qualification in Hockey Club Management.

lloyd_jeff

The way you imply a degree is necessary for the job and your sarcastic reference to a hockey degree
Todd doesn’t have a degree in Hockey Club Management because it doesn’t exsist, that was my point. The role of a GM would require a degree level education in a relevant subject.

kettdevil1

It wouldn’t have to be anyone from the EIHL, heck, it doesnt necessarily need to be anyone from a hockey background. You’ve heard the term delegate, you employ people around with the necessary skills and experience, I’m sorry if I’m sounding condescending, you seem fixated on needing a person already in the role & from the EIHL, you don’t. Look at Lord, from player to coach to GM, yes massively experienced but ultimately until he became a GM he had zero practical experience. You seem to be dismissive of or ignoring the fact you can employ outside of the role.
Absolutely not. You said he was not the best GM; this is clearly your opinion and just as valid as the next opinion. I asked who was, given you seemed certain TK wasn't. No name was forthcoming so I narrowed it down to the EIHL to see if you would give a name but still no name. So...... in the world at last, who would you say would be better than TK given you are saying he is not the best?

FWIW I can't think of any GM who has been deemed a success who hasn't come from a hockey background but happy to be corrected if you can provide a name :)

lloyd_jeff

Absolutely not. You said he was not the best GM; this is clearly your opinion and just as valid as the next opinion. I asked who was, given you seemed certain TK wasn't. No name was forthcoming so I narrowed it down to the EIHL to see if you would give a name but still no name. So...... in the world at last, who would you say would be better than TK given you are saying he is not the best?

FWIW I can't think of any GM who has been deemed a success who hasn't come from a hockey background but happy to be corrected if you can provide a name :)
So you want a GM better than Todd. Chris Drury.

So you want a name that hasn’t been from a hockey career. Kyle Davidson. Chris Macfarland. Bill Zito. Kent Hughes. Chuck Fletcher. Doug Armstrong (Stanley Cup)

Last edited:

Kevlar68

But wasn't Drury a player first then worked his way up the ranks to GM? So the same as Todd.

I don't get what point your trying make with degree's, experience etc.

kettdevil1

So you want a GM better than Todd. Chris Drury.

So you want a name that hasn’t been from a hockey career. Kyle Davidson. Chris Macfarland.
Rags fans might well disagree about Drury.

OK thank you for the names, I will look forward to your post where you argue that Leon Draisaitl would put up bigger numbers than Joey Martin in the EIHL.

Wannabe2

This is getting really stupid now, this was a thread about the Panthers game. As for Todd back of, is he perfect no as nobody is, would we get a better person in his job taking everything in to account, definately no way, yes he has a few hats but no one cares more about this club more than him,he was a huge success at Giants, and is a huge success here. This club is in better hands now than it’s ever been, and to the few that moan about this Organisation you guys know very little about this club, yes mistakes have been made this season probably more than ever, but these eventually will be sorted. We have a fairly lousy team this season, certainly the worse for many years, but Steelers, Giants, Panthers are no great shakes either. Myself I hope Flames win the league their awesome coach certainly deserves it, and it certainly would be good for the league, so we continue to be disappointed with this team me included, lots of changes needed for next season, we don’t need to win most of our games, but we certainly need to be entertained for most of our games. We as fans care massively about our team, all we want is a team that care massively about us fans, if you can’t be arsed then bugger off as your not wanted here. Sorry for the rant but hopefully better days around the corner, let’s hope so.

lloyd_jeff

But wasn't Drury a player first then worked his way up the ranks to GM? So the same as Todd.

I don't get what point your trying make with degree's, experience etc.
Chris wasn‘t in the list of none Hockey GM’s. Just a better GM. My point was that you don’t need a hockey related degree or experience of hockey to be a General Manager in the U.K.

Last edited:

ASHIPP

a couple of panthers fans on Twitter have mentioned that kozun is the worst netminder they have seen up there, I don’t agree with this, I agree with wannabe, the defence is where we need sorting
Ah yes, the fans whose team lost 7-1 to Storm the other night. Which of the Panthers' superstar goalies was in nets for that game?!!!

Panthers and Devils both have erratic defence units at the moment. Panthers' fans can savour the win against a poor Devils' team this weekend, because it is unlikely their team will beat anyone else in the top 5.

Wannabe2

Our keepers have been left out to dry all season by a crap Defence, our goals against is lousy and it’s down to the worse defence we have ever had. We have played 1 more game than the Steelers and conceeded 23 more goals, and that’s down to a lousy D.