Just in case you didnt hear about Romfo!

Gazza272

TheDevilTorn said:
Is this really still going on?
Yeah, that's the problem!

Look I dont know why Romfo wants to gain from this
You mean what?

Is that not obvious?

But it isnt a problem. the club made their position clear when there was really no need. And romfo keeps bringing it up, on a fans unofficial forum. think of that! I'm sure Wayne Rooney isnt reading the man utd unofficial forums and thinking of logging on.

Yeah i did mean what, it's been a long day with the tube strikes and I got me words all up mixed.

No to be honest it isnt obvious. The club cant change the mistake, they cant change the fact Romfo left the country while he still wasnt sure whether he should have or not And they have a pretty big task on getting the 10/11 season on track.

As i said mistakes were made, lets see if they are learnt. And I acknowledge that some sections of the club need looking at.

But at the moment from where i'm sitting. Romfo isnt looking very proffessional airing all his dirty laundry on a fans unofficial forum, and we arent really achieviing anything going on about it, as from where i'm sitting theres absoloutly nothing that can be done.

Just seems we are all wasting our time.

A

Anonymous

Romfo isn't on £100,000 a week, not a good comparison. Personally I like to know as much about the team I support as possible, be that good or bad. All Scott is doing is keeping us up to date. As I said before, if he didn't, who would?
The club cant change the mistake
But they should try and rectify it, best they can. But haven't. Not good.

TheStub

Gazza272 said:
But it isnt a problem. the club made their position clear when there was really no need. And romfo keeps bringing it up, on a fans unofficial forum. think of that! I'm sure Wayne Rooney isnt reading the man utd unofficial forums and thinking of logging on.
But Roony has more official outlets to put his case. As it stands, the press coverage of ice hockey is limited. The Inferno, Twitter and Facebook probably constitute the best methods for balanced reporting :lol:

In terms of media, it is all a bit frothy - and in terms of reaching Devils fans the Inferno, Devils website or the match night program have the best coverage.

So, my condemnation of Scott for posting on here is tempered by a realisation of his limited options.

TheStub

I'd also like to add - Romf is effective. 4 pages from one throw away comment. He didn't actually say anything, and the world is in tumult again :lol:

Gazza272

DevilDom said:
Gazza - you are entitled to your opinion but so am I. What I don't like is the fact that a statement was issued seemingly to quell the discussion on here, however 2 weeks later it appears nothing has been done. That leaves a bad taste to me and seems like it was just issued to keep people quiet with the hope that it will go away.

I don't like bad mouthing the club but if it acts poorly I think it should act to put it right. That's all i'm saying. I'd like this to go away as much as anyone else - but with an amicable solution for both parties not by simply being forgotten (with a person's life apparently badly affected by the actions of the club).

No where did i say you werent entitled to your opinion did i? :?

The club issued an E-mail to a concerned fan, if i was a PR person I wouldnt have issued the reply and i wouldnt have acknowledged Romfo's comments. The club shouldnt be drawn in from players actions on Social networking sites or on forums. If it's in the press you give your right of reply. Will the club now have to reply to every single Facebook status or Inferno post by a player?

At the end of the day I still dont see what can be done. If Romfo's owed money/possessions get a lawyer not a forum ID. This is the bit i dont get in all this. If Romfo isnt owed anything financially then I guess all he wants is an apology? and if he wants that does it have to be public?

At the moment i just get a sense that all he wants to do is bad mouth the club, thats great but it gets boring after a few more times of doing it. As i say i could be wrong.

I just fear this is going round in circles and nothing can be done about it on a forum. I'ed rather this was sorted out through proper channels where people actually sort something out. Is that really such a bad thing to ask for?

A

Anonymous

I'ed rather this was sorted out through proper channels where people actually sort something out. Is that really such a bad thing to ask for?
Wouldn't we all Gazza, especially Scott, but it clearly isn't happening and a lot of us would like to know why?

TheStub

Gazza272 said:
I just fear this is going round in circles and nothing can be done about it on a forum. I'ed rather this was sorted out through proper channels where people actually sort something out. Is that really such a bad thing to ask for?
In UK ice hockey, I would say yes :lol:

Sheincar is right though. If the wrongs that have purportedly faced Romfo had been placed upon me, I wouldn't be so level about it.

I hope he has set in motion action through the proper channels - and this just reflects a desperate act on his part.

Gazza272

TheStub said:
[
But Roony has more official outlets to put his case. As it stands, the press coverage of ice hockey is limited. The Inferno, Twitter and Facebook probably constitute the best methods for balanced reporting :lol:

In terms of media, it is all a bit frothy - and in terms of reaching Devils fans the Inferno, Devils website or the match night program have the best coverage.

So, my condemnation of Scott for posting on here is tempered by a realisation of his limited options.

As I say if its an aplogy scott wants and he isnt getting it, then best to cut your losses before you look obsessed.

If it's something like money owed, possessions back, something your owed, then get someone who can get that for you. No one on the inferno is going to sort it are they? unless there are some lawyers who are feeling extremely generous? :lol:

I feel bad for Scott, I'm just not quite sure what the inferno is supposed to do about it. And i'm not being up the clubs behind etc I believe that certain sections of it need a major overhaul, but I think that discussion is for the next mix up the club is invovled in.

The royal british legion shirts were a big issue, a lot bigger than this issue imo. That was something that i think affected everyone and something the fans could do something about.

TheStub

Gazza272 said:
The royal british legion shirts were a big issue, a lot bigger than this issue imo. That was something that i think affected everyone and something the fans could do something about.
I think that is the crux of the problem. It now isn't "the Romfo thing" it is "and then there was also that thing with Romfo".

The club have a lot of bridges to build after their mistakes last season, and they seem to not have even ordered the plans. Never mind the building materials.

DevilDom

I get the impression that Scott is looking for something more than an apology. I might be wrong but I think he may be looking for some assistance to be able to finish the course he has spent a year studying without being able to complete it. If the club can't help anymore then maybe they should apologise (if they have acted poorly) or make it clear to Scott. I don't know both sides of the story because we haven't heard much from the club on the issue and that is part of the problem, however I get the impression they are hoping it will simply go away.

osh

Its interesting to note that the many posters who say they would like to hear from the club about this etc, well, you had the perfect opportunity this evening to put such a question to Shannon or Paul Ragan. Did anyone bother to do so ?

TheStub

Re: Re: Just in case you didnt hear about Romfo!

osh said:
Its interesting to note that the many posters who say they would like to hear from the club about this etc, well, you had the perfect opportunity this evening to put such a question to Shannon or Paul Ragan. Did anyone bother to do so ?
Very good point. Did anyone try to put this question?

Sliput

The club wouldnt answer the question as frankly its none if our business. It is between Scott and the Devils. As i said previously no-one knows who is telling the truth and Scott is doing himself no favours by coming on here trying to make the club look bad as they wiill be less inclined to help him. They may be at fault,Scott may have been at fault be leaving the UK....again,no-one knows. As i asked before though,to the posters who want to know if the club admit to cocking up and not helping Scott,what will you do ?....answer is probably nothing,so why do you need to know ?....maybe its just me :geek:

osh

Sliput said:
The club wouldnt answer the question as frankly its none if our business. It is between Scott and the Devils. As i said previously no-one knows who is telling the truth and Scott is doing himself no favours by coming on here trying to make the club look bad as they wiill be less inclined to help him. They may be at fault,Scott may have been at fault be leaving the UK....again,no-one knows. As i asked before though,to the posters who want to know if the club admit to cocking up and not helping Scott,what will you do ?....answer is probably nothing,so why do you need to know ?....maybe its just me :geek:

Well they answered me pretty quick, unless someone was prepared to put the question to the club about this, you are just making an assumption that they would not provide an answer (you may well have been correct, but we'll never know now will we) I think you may have said in the past that the club wouldn't have made an announcement about this ( apologies if it was not you ) but they actually did - albeit from CEO paul Ragan through the Inferno - personally, I think the club are in fact dealing with this in their own way. The fact that Scott Romfo hasn't heard from them doesn't mean much. Anyone who knows how the legal system works will understand that these things take time to set in motion.

Sliput

In the answer/statement you posted from Paul Ragan the sentence

''The clubs stance is not to discuss internal matters on public forums......and any future communication will be directly to Mr Romfo'' was included.

To me, this is why i dont think they would answer any questions on this matter.

osh

Sliput said:
In the answer/statement you posted from Paul Ragan the sentence

''The clubs stance is not to discuss internal matters on public forums......and any future communication will be directly to Mr Romfo'' was included.

To me, this is why i dont think they would answer any questions on this matter.

Yeh, your right fair comment.

Finny

If the Devils broke the terms of the agreement or contract then all Romfo need do is sue the club. As he is on here I would assume he is not doing that.

Agree with Gazza and Finny.

From Osh's post:

"For the record however, I remain unsatisfied at a number of untruths claimed by Mr Romfo in various communications, and as a result would like to reassure our fans that I remain satisfied at this juncture with our conduct as a club.''

Signed; Paul Ragan

So why are people not believing the club?

It's Scott V the club's word. I'm not sure what fans on a forum can do?

Foxy

Gazza272 said:
TheDevilTorn said:
Is this really still going on?
Yeah, that's the problem!

Look I dont know why Romfo wants to gain from this
You mean what?

Is that not obvious?

Yeah i did mean what, it's been a long day with the tube strikes and I got me words all up mixed.

No to be honest it isnt obvious. The club cant change the mistake, they cant change the fact Romfo left the country while he still wasnt sure whether he should have or not And they have a pretty big task on getting the 10/11 season on track.

As i said mistakes were made, lets see if they are learnt. And I acknowledge that some sections of the club need looking at.

But at the moment from where i'm sitting. Romfo isnt looking very proffessional airing all his dirty laundry on a fans unofficial forum, and we arent really achieviing anything going on about it, as from where i'm sitting theres absoloutly nothing that can be done.

Just seems we are all wasting our time.
Problem is there are far too many mistakes being made by back office staff be it players sponsors or fans. If people dont voice their concerns then they are never going to make changes. On ice set up professional off ice not so professional. IMO We've gone backwards too far.

voth26

TheDevilTorn said:
voth26 said:
froromer said:
FYI - I wouldnt close this post so fast, I have heard nothing from the Devils after the "PR" statement.
In the beginning i was a embarressed about the whole situation regarding scott, now after this comment i'm getting the impression that scott is trying to get his own back on the club for cutting him by dragging his complaint the whole 9 yards!!!
Can you blame him? Wouldn't you do the same? I think the bloke deserves answers at least. OK, perhaps going through the Inferno isn't the way, but maybe Scott wants us, the fans to know what's going on and to keep us in the picture?

All the best for the future Scott !
To be honest no but I'm more interested in watching the guys on the ice thats what i pay my money for, internal politics such as this issue dont really concern me as i feel they are between the club and the player concerned if i'm honest. Granted it needs to be sorted but i dont feel the need for it to be dragged on and on, on a fans forum for me it's the wrong place if it was me i would be dealing with paul/shannon direct in my opinion there are things fans need to be aware of and for me this is not one of those things.Seems we have many "fans" who do nothing but criticize the club at every opportunity and not just talking about this thread we have scotts account of whats allegedly happened no dis-respect meant to scott when i say this. as has been mentioned before we haveent had any other issues with imports on uni deals maybe that because those player just got on with it!!! rightly or wrongly thats what they did.