Just in case you didnt hear about Romfo!

voth26

Clare said:
Personal opinion. Is that allowed?
why would we have sacked ben he was playing well a lot better than scott was!!! even through its your opinion which i respect cant really understand the logic in your comment?

TheStub

I've had her explaining in person, and I'm still confused.

Mind you, I was always bit shocked when they announced that we were releasing Romfo because we needed to cut the wage bill and then almost immediately signed Finnerty. I remember the quote "the least good player - but we need to save money" (paraphrasing).

I'm not disputing the trade up of the situation, but would it have been better to have said "we are looking at signing a new forward, so are releasing Romfo to make room in the budget".

TheStub

Finny said:
I think they signed Finnerty, and then decided they couldn't afford to carry a spare import and so released Romfo.
I think you are probably right, but I would prefer they say that.

I other sports, they make those sort of business decisions all the time, and just announce them. "We have signed Ryan Finnerty, but have had to release Romfo from contract to make budget for this". You would probably carry more good faith on all sides with that level of honesty.

Otherwise, you let a guy go because there isn't money. Next he knows, there is a new guy signed.

How on earth has poor Ben got himself dragged into this ridiculously prolonged argument about a story that nobody knows the full detail of?

I hope the club and Romfo resolve their differences, whatever they are, but I think this thread has well and truly run its course now. Without an update on the situation, I can't see how any more can possibly be said.

A

Anonymous

I think what The Devil Torn means is "What makes Osh so important/who is Osh to receive a reply over him?"

You clearly have "contacts" within the club Osh. And I think DT is perfectly right to state that it is extremely unprofessional of the club if the only statement they make is to an "unknown" who posts on the fan forum.
That is exactly what I mean yes, I didn't know how to word it without sounding disrespectful or like a jealous brat. Finny if you had of read the posts or at least read them properly you would of seen this;

So let me get this right; The only comment from the club, as we know of, is an email sent by Paul Ragan to Osh?
And people say Scott has been unprofessional. I sent an email to the club shortly after Scotts original post, and to this day have heard nothing back. I wasn't really expecting a reply but still....

It really is all a bit of a mess. Lets hope Scott gets justice, whatever that might be.
I fail to see why time and time again people have to fall out and start getting all egotistical and personal, it really is pathetic. If you don't care about the outcome of the subject, then don't bloody read/post on it, it really is that simple. Leave it open for those who do care and do want to know the outcome. There are many threads that don't interest me so I don't post. What is the point in just adding "jeeeeeesus christ" or "lock the thread enough is enough". NO naff off and post on something that does interest you. Some of you really need to start acting your age. :roll:

I didnt meant that at all bluedevil.

Anyway moving on...

TheDevilTorn said:
I think what The Devil Torn means is "What makes Osh so important/who is Osh to receive a reply over him?"That is exactly what I mean yes, I didn't know how to word it without sounding disrespectful or like a jealous brat
Does this mean you think my brutal honesty makes me sound like a disrespectful or jealous brat?!

Thanks! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

osh

Clare said:
.... I'm not going to respond any more

But you continue to do so! Don't see you responding to the accusations you made about me earlier on either. I just think you are now posting nonsense for the sake of it.

Gazza272

TheStub said:
Finny said:
I think they signed Finnerty, and then decided they couldn't afford to carry a spare import and so released Romfo.
I think you are probably right, but I would prefer they say that.

I other sports, they make those sort of business decisions all the time, and just announce them. "We have signed Ryan Finnerty, but have had to release Romfo from contract to make budget for this". You would probably carry more good faith on all sides with that level of honesty.

Otherwise, you let a guy go because there isn't money. Next he knows, there is a new guy signed.

they did, the announcment of Finnerty came when romfo was still on the roster and G stepped down. They even played a game together against Belfast in the challenge cup semi final first leg. Then Romfo was released due to cost cutting so G stepped in

A few weeks later after we had about 3 weeks of inflated crowds Scott was brought back. So it did happen how Finny said it.

Gazza272

Clare said:
I thought the surge in money was something to do with the club not having to pay PI rental fees for training time?

Might have been, but i distinctly remember we had a surge of attendances just after Finnerty signed and they stayed strong after that.

Could have been a mixture of both. But my original point still stands that the club was very clear in their PR's as to what was going on.