Just in case you didnt hear about Romfo!

Sliput

Foxy said:
Problem is there are far too many mistakes being made by back office staff be it players sponsors or fans. If people dont voice their concerns then they are never going to make changes. On ice set up professional off ice not so professional. IMO We've gone backwards too far.
But it goes back to the same question every time...how do you know its the club that has made mistakes ?(I'm referring to the Romfo topic).

For all we know Scott could just have a grudge against the Devils for not re-newing his contract. People say they believe the club,people say they believe Scott.

One of them is lying, but could any of us 100% put our hands up and say ''I know exactly what is going on'' ?

The answer would be no. If we are going by professionalism then Scott is out of the running. I have nothing against Scott but i think he needs to take a step back and realise how childish he looks.

TheDevilTorn said:
Personally I believe what Romfo is saying. What would he have to gain by making up a story and telling a pack of lies? Maybe the club have stayed tight lipped because they don't want this sort of publicity coming out. It makes you ask the question, why don't the club just sort it out, job done. If they have screwed up, hold your hands up and rectify the problem(s).
Simple really.

As the stub says, with more factual knowledge we wouldn't have to keep using the words, if but and maybe.

Also, the way Romfo played when returning was very commendable and I think we should all show a degree of interest as a result.
I usually find this works, hold your hands up and admit it, tell the truth, people are ok about it then

A

Anonymous

NOISYGIRL said:
TheDevilTorn said:
Personally I believe what Romfo is saying. What would he have to gain by making up a story and telling a pack of lies? Maybe the club have stayed tight lipped because they don't want this sort of publicity coming out. It makes you ask the question, why don't the club just sort it out, job done. If they have screwed up, hold your hands up and rectify the problem(s).
Simple really.

As the stub says, with more factual knowledge we wouldn't have to keep using the words, if but and maybe.

Also, the way Romfo played when returning was very commendable and I think we should all show a degree of interest as a result.
I usually find this works, hold your hands up and admit it, tell the truth, people are ok about it then
Well, yeah. We all make mistakes and misjudgments, sometimes holding your hands up, admitting to it, apologise, rectify and move on.

Sorry guys, I must of missed this statement by Paul Ragan regarding this matter, where is it exactly? I didn't even know he had made one. :oops:

Foxy

Sliput said:
Foxy said:
Problem is there are far too many mistakes being made by back office staff be it players sponsors or fans. If people dont voice their concerns then they are never going to make changes. On ice set up professional off ice not so professional. IMO We've gone backwards too far.
But it goes back to the same question every time...how do you know its the club that has made mistakes ?(I'm referring to the Romfo topic).

For all we know Scott could just have a grudge against the Devils for not re-newing his contract. People say they believe the club,people say they believe Scott.

One of them is lying, but could any of us 100% put our hands up and say ''I know exactly what is going on'' ?

The answer would be no. If we are going by professionalism then Scott is out of the running. I have nothing against Scott but i think he needs to take a step back and realise how childish he looks.
If you arrange a uni deal for a player be it 1 or 2 years then you should know how long the course is going to last and how long a visa is required for and arrange accordingly. Its not rocket science.

Sliput

TheDevilTorn said:
NOISYGIRL said:
TheDevilTorn said:
Simple really.

Well, yeah. We all make mistakes and misjudgments, sometimes holding your hands up, admitting to it, apologise, rectify and move on.

Sorry guys, I must of missed this statement by Paul Ragan regarding this matter, where is it exactly? I didn't even know he had made one. :oops:
Its on page 6...posted by osh :)

Foxy said:
Sliput said:
Foxy said:

If you arrange a uni deal for a player be it 1 or 2 years then you should know how long the course is going to last and how long a visa is required for and arrange accordingly. Its not rocket science.
Telling them to keep their head down is not good enough, and giving duff info if you don't actually 100% know, in my job, if I don't know something, I'll say so and try and find out for the person, or find out who they do need to speak to. Mistakes were made on both sides it seems, but he should be helped to rectify the situation, perhaps by the person who gave the duff info in the first place :roll:

Sliput

NOISYGIRL said:
Telling them to keep their head down is not good enough, and giving duff info if you don't actually 100% know, in my job, if I don't know something, I'll say so and try and find out for the person, or find out who they do need to speak to. Mistakes were made on both sides it seems, but he should be helped to rectify the situation, perhaps by the person who gave the duff info in the first place :roll:
Again......how do we know Scott was told ''To keep his head down'' ? How do we know he was given duff information ? How do we know it wasnt just Scott deciding to go into Europe for a holiday ? ....answer is we dont and that is what is at the bottom of this whole saga.
Scott could be telling the truth, Scott could be lying. Paul Ragan could be telling the truth when he said the Devils acted properly Paul Ragan could be lying.

It just seems to me that if there is a chance to have a go at the club certain people will always jump on the band wagon (Thats not aimed at you NG just in general).

DevilDom

Sliput said:
Paul Ragan could be telling the truth when he said the Devils acted properly Paul Ragan could be lying.

It just seems to me that if there is a chance to have a go at the club certain people will always jump on the band wagon (Thats not aimed at you NG just in general).
I don't remember Paul Ragan coming out and saying the Devils have acted properly - I may have missed it but I thought he simply said there were some untruths in what Scott had said and that they would deal with it privately (or something like that).

On the point of having a go at the club - I think there is a difference between "having a go at the club" as you put it and viewing things with an objective mind. I'd like to think I praise when I think the club has done something well and ask questions when I think they have either not dealt with something well or we don't know.

Sliput

DevilDom said:
Sliput said:
Paul Ragan could be telling the truth when he said the Devils acted properly Paul Ragan could be lying.

I don't remember Paul Ragan coming out and saying the Devils have acted properly - I may have missed it but I thought he simply said there were some untruths in what Scott had said and that they would deal with it privately (or something like that).

On the point of having a go at the club - I think there is a difference between "having a go at the club" as you put it and viewing things with an objective mind. I'd like to think I praise when I think the club has done something well and ask questions when I think they have either not dealt with something well or we don't know.
I appreciate what you are saying.

The point i am trying to make (Albeit badly) is that what difference will it make if the club have screwed Scott over ? In the grand scheme of things we will all still go to games, the club will continue to hopefully prosper and grow...oh and we will beat Covenrty in every game :)

Well, i think i have posted enough on this subject now, i'm off to go annoy them on Steeltalk !!

Go Devils !!!

A

Anonymous

So let me get this right; The only comment from the club, as we know of, is an email sent by Paul Ragan to Osh?
And people say Scott has been unprofessional. I sent an email to the club shortly after Scotts original post, and to this day have heard nothing back. I wasn't really expecting a reply but still....

It really is all a bit of a mess. Lets hope Scott gets justice, whatever that might be. :?

Wannabe2

To be honest to you if i owned the club then i wouldnt respond to you either, now dont take that personnel, but this dispute is between employer and employee and not the general public. If i as the Employer think that one of my employers aint pulling his weight, then i need to address that with him, and not shout it out in the middle of St Marys Street, and vise versa.

A

Anonymous

Wannabe2 said:
To be honest to you if i owned the club then i wouldnt respond to you either, now dont take that personnel, but this dispute is between employer and employee and not the general public. If i as the Employer think that one of my employers aint pulling his weight, then i need to address that with him, and not shout it out in the middle of St Marys Street, and vise versa.
But they contacted Osh? Why him not me? That was my point really. I wouldn't expect anyone to shout from the rooftops, what I would expect is professionalism !

Also Romfo was more than pulling his weight. Its about him being screwed over, nothing against him as an employee.

osh

TheDevilTorn said:
Wannabe2 said:
But they contacted Osh? Why him not me? That was my point really. I wouldn't expect anyone to shout from the rooftops, what I would expect is professionalism !

Also Romfo was more than pulling his weight. Its about him being screwed over, nothing against him as an employee.

DT; the reason I was contacted was quite simple. I was so fed up with what was happening on the forum - most of it in favour of Scott Romfo (without knowing all the facts I must add ) - that I contacted Shannon suggesting that it may be a good idea to nip things in the bud and reply on behalf of the club. He in turn discussed it with Paul Ragan. Mr Ragan then sent an email asking that it be posted on the Inferno forum, which I did. I believe the club may be addressing this issue in their own way and believe we will hear something further down the line. If it has progressed to a legal matter, we probably won't know anyhting for quite some time.

I think what The Devil Torn means is "What makes Osh so important/who is Osh to receive a reply over him?"

You clearly have "contacts" within the club Osh. And I think DT is perfectly right to state that it is extremely unprofessional of the club if the only statement they make is to an "unknown" who posts on the fan forum.

Its a shame the Echo are too busy crawling to actually run a decent story on this horrendous treatment of Romfo. It would be an interesting article to read if the reporter gained official statements from all parties involved rather than the *hush hush whisper whisper dont say anything to anyone* approach the club are currently going for.

I appreciate that if there are legal dealings, they are not going to want to openly discuss it. But to be honest, I think it wouldnt have been much to expect a press release, especially following Romfo's own statement.

Re - him posting it on here. Whilst unprofessional. who else is he going to go to? None of the media care enough and those that do are so "Pro-Devils" they probably wont run his story. The Inferno, credit to them as a group of people, have proved time and time again that if something occurs, there are enough people rattling around in here with appropriate contacts to be able to 1) get answers and 2) do something about it.

Fine eg. the British Legion Jerseys. I wonder what would have happened to the money if it werent for Chris making the enquries and The Inferno and its members stepping up and causing a fuss? The top nobs in the club clearly read the forum - they know what is going on and what people talk about. They pick and choose what to ignore and respond to according to what will put them in the best light.

Finny

Clare said:
I think what The Devil Torn means is "What makes Osh so important/who is Osh to receive a reply over him?"
You clearly have "contacts" within the club Osh. And I think DT is perfectly right to state that it is extremely unprofessional of the club if the only statement they make is to an "unknown" who posts on the fan forum.
Did anyone else email the club about Romfo then?
I understood it to be that osh was the first/only person to email the club about it. Hence why Paul Ragan then emailed him back?

How should I know? My point was clarifying what DT actually meant. Although I am kinda with him. Regardless of who emailed/contacted who first, I wouldnt normally expect a club manager to go making any kind of statement over something so tetchy to some random fan over making a press release..... which by the looks of it they're not doing anyway.

Personally, I think Regan has made himself sound like a bit of an arrogant idiot with his reply to Osh anyway.

Chris

Administrator
Oh for gods sake !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you don't like the thread, don't read it...

But if you're going to post, at least make it something constructive or worthwhile, that comment adds absolutely nothing to the debate/thread...

Chris.

Finny

Clare said:
How should I know? My point was clarifying what DT actually meant. Although I am kinda with him. Regardless of who emailed/contacted who first, I wouldnt normally expect a club manager to go making any kind of statement over something so tetchy to some random fan over making a press release..... which by the looks of it they're not doing anyway.

Personally, I think Regan has made himself sound like a bit of an arrogant idiot with his reply to Osh anyway.
I've re-read Paul Ragan's comment again and can't see any suggestion of arrogance in it.

I'm confused as to what you expected the club to do?
If I ring them club and asked them a question, I would hope they would give me an honest answer instead of "Sorry - can't say anything in case another fan gets upset about it".

My opinion on this whole mess is that some fans have taken different sides to the argument without knowing the full facts, and by taking sides are making themselves look rather silly.