Just in case you didnt hear about Romfo!

voth26

froromer said:
FYI - I wouldnt close this post so fast, I have heard nothing from the Devils after the "PR" statement.
In the beginning i was a embarressed about the whole situation regarding scott, now after this comment i'm getting the impression that scott is trying to get his own back on the club for cutting him by dragging his complaint the whole 9 yards!!!

A

Anonymous

voth26 said:
froromer said:
FYI - I wouldnt close this post so fast, I have heard nothing from the Devils after the "PR" statement.
In the beginning i was a embarressed about the whole situation regarding scott, now after this comment i'm getting the impression that scott is trying to get his own back on the club for cutting him by dragging his complaint the whole 9 yards!!!
Can you blame him? Wouldn't you do the same? I think the bloke deserves answers at least. OK, perhaps going through the Inferno isn't the way, but maybe Scott wants us, the fans to know what's going on and to keep us in the picture?

All the best for the future Scott !

TheStub

Without judging the "class" of the action, it is hard to see what other recourse he has without expensive legal proceedings.

If he has a grievance, and the club aren't responding to his requests - then this is probably the only public outlet he has. The Echo are hardly lightly to ever run anything that is anti-Devils, and the rest of the media doesn't really care.

I hope something is resolved soon though, for both parties sakes - as updates via a public forum make both parties look bad.

Sliput

TheDevilTorn said:
voth26 said:
froromer said:
Can you blame him? Wouldn't you do the same? I think the bloke deserves answers at least. OK, perhaps going through the Inferno isn't the way, but maybe Scott wants us, the fans to know what's going on and to keep us in the picture?

All the best for the future Scott !
I'm going to get flamed now but hey ho.
The 'bloke ' does deserve answers but does he really think he is going to get them on here ?
He may want us to know whats going on but i for one dont really care whats going on, Scott needs to sort out this issue which ever way he sees fit but he needs to be a grown up about it. Moaning about it on here isnt going to endear him to the Devils management and what does he hope to achieve ?

If it turns out that Scott had been shabbily treated by the club...what would you do ? (Genuine question-not aimed at TDT,just in general)

A

Anonymous

Is Scott looking for answers by posting on here? Doubt it really. Personally I find it quite interesting and would like to know the outcome of this. If Scott doesn't keep us posted who will?

Sliput

TheDevilTorn said:
Is Scott looking for answers by posting on here? Doubt it really. Personally I find it quite interesting and would like to know the outcome of this. If Scott doesn't keep us posted who will?
Thing is though....who do you believe ? Either could be lying.

A

Anonymous

Sliput said:
TheDevilTorn said:
Fair point, but I only hear one side. Wonder why? :roll:

TheStub

Sliput said:
TheDevilTorn said:
Which is why we need more/critical media coverage. It would be nice is "questions could be asked" of both parties. Not just from a voyeuristic view point, but to also demonstrate that there is someone taking an interest, that that party is impartial and that the truth will be told.

As it is, anything could go on - and no-one would say anything except hearsay and rumor.

A

Anonymous

Personally I believe what Romfo is saying. What would he have to gain by making up a story and telling a pack of lies? Maybe the club have stayed tight lipped because they don't want this sort of publicity coming out. It makes you ask the question, why don't the club just sort it out, job done. If they have screwed up, hold your hands up and rectify the problem(s).
Simple really.

As the stub says, with more factual knowledge we wouldn't have to keep using the words, if but and maybe.

Also, the way Romfo played when returning was very commendable and I think we should all show a degree of interest as a result.

TheStub

TheDevilTorn said:
Also, the way Romfo played when returning was very commendable and I think we should all show a degree of interest as a result.
To me, it raises more red flags.

Teams that win are stable teams. Even Sheffield, a team who supposedly imploded, have managed to keep over 50% of their squad from last season. The game sheets change little from season to season, and therefore the team wins. No pre-season will do what playing whole seasons together will build Especially with the Sheffield, Coventry, Belfast models of keeping key players in key roles year on year.

Small incremental changes.

So, if we are making Cardiff somewhere that players don't want to be that is a issue to the fans. We can attract players, but can we keep them? Hopefully the answer is yes, but it the treatment of Romfo (and the feeling Miller displayed on leaving) are a reflection of the culture we foster we will never win anything.

Yes, Romfo needs to sort it with the management - but it is certainly every Devils fan should take an interest in.

DevilDom

Sliput said:
I still dont think we will know everything.
I agree, but we can not allow the management to get away with issuing a PR statement and then just hoping it will go away.

Since the statement people have been quiet (rightly so) about the subject presumably (thinking like me) that the club would sort this out privately with Scott.

It would appear from Scott's 2nd post that nothing has been done and I don't think we as fans should allow things like this to be simply brushed under the carpet.

The Stub makes a very good point with regards stability and keeping players in key positions. All the best teams are built up over time and it hardly ever works just throwing a group of players together. We saw a prime example of that on Saturday!

steve

I hate seeing the club bad mouthed on here because it does have an impact on new fans and people overseas, the same reason some of the petty argument make me cringe!

However this club needs to be held accountable for it's actions because it does get things wrong - even in this 'new era' we had the remembrance Sunday debacle. I'm all for allowing Scott the chance to air his opinions, because the management do have a history of ignoring things hoping they go away. If you think it's unprofessional, don't read it, but if we made complaining against the rules I think james' would be talking to himself on here!

A

Anonymous

DevilDom said:
Sliput said:
I still dont think we will know everything.
I agree, but we can not allow the management to get away with issuing a PR statement and then just hoping it will go away.

Since the statement people have been quiet (rightly so) about the subject presumably (thinking like me) that the club would sort this out privately with Scott.

It would appear from Scott's 2nd post that nothing has been done and I don't think we as fans should allow things like this to be simply brushed under the carpet.

The Stub makes a very good point with regards stability and keeping players in key positions. All the best teams are built up over time and it hardly ever works just throwing a group of players together. We saw a prime example of that on Saturday!
Completely agree and find it hard to believe that anyone could argue against it.

TheStub

steve said:
but if we made complaining against the rules I think james' would be talking to himself on here!
That is only because he has been too busy to post :lol:

Steve raises a good point - Scott is as welcome to say his piece on here, and the club to respond. We don't like to censor. We assume that everyone is adult enough to make their own minds up.

Personally, I have pleased how well considered and level Scott's posts have been and I hope he gets things square with the club.

Gazza272

Is this really still going on?

Look I dont know why Romfo wants to gain from this other than making things difficult for the club going forward, why he would want to do that to the fans showing support on here I cant really fathom. I understand someone being upset with such a big mistake and being left in this mess, but I'm not sure a fans unofficial forum is the way to go about it. However Were mistakes made? quite clearly yes.

However this terrible rubbish organisation has retained the services this off season of Lyle,Voth,Birbrear,Richardson,Hill,Symonds,Davies, Finnerty, Michel. So we cant be all bad can we?

Do some sections of the club need to be looked at? absoloutly. But all this 'cant let them get away with it' nonsense just doesnt seem to ring the right bells with me.

out of the 15 or so players we have had on a uni deal 1 has had problems. That happens! If it happens again then lets start asking some more serious questions.

DevilDom

Gazza272 said:
Do some sections of the club need to be looked at? absoloutly. But all this 'cant let them get away with it' nonsense just doesnt seem to ring the right bells with me.
Gazza - you are entitled to your opinion but so am I. What I don't like is the fact that a statement was issued seemingly to quell the discussion on here, however 2 weeks later it appears nothing has been done. That leaves a bad taste to me and seems like it was just issued to keep people quiet with the hope that it will go away.

I don't like bad mouthing the club but if it acts poorly I think it should act to put it right. That's all i'm saying. I'd like this to go away as much as anyone else - but with an amicable solution for both parties not by simply being forgotten (with a person's life apparently badly affected by the actions of the club).

Sheincar

To my mind Scott has lost money coming here as he took a pay cut to come back & has lost a year of his education so he's been far more measured in his comments than I would be in the same situation.

Some signings each year come from recommendations from previous players. I cannot imagine any scenario in which either Scott or Miller would recommend this club. A lot of damage was done in the past in relation to our reputation with players agents and we were recovering from this & I just feel that we have taken a big step backwards.

None of the returning players mentioned were on Uni deals & those players who were @ uni just over-stayed. Scott knew that was wrong & asked questions about his situation. He was given duff information on which he relied. I'd be shouting at the top of my voice wherever & whenever the opportunity arose in his shoes.