Just in case you didnt hear about Romfo!

Yes you are being trivial, just because the management behind the club have behaved poorly with their treatment of a player, doesn't mean we should have to stop supporting the team.
If it worked like that the Devils would have gone under in the BP days....

TheStub

IMHO it is better to push for answers and support the team, otherwise the team we love would simply fold rather than improve.

And not going to Sheffield over their treatment of Voth? The only people you spite are the Devils and yourself. With the Elite League, we are better served by persistant probing than walking away - we are mire likely to see teams collapse than change if they lose support.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

TheStub said:
IMHO it is better to push for answers and support the team, otherwise the team we love would simply fold rather than improve.

And not going to Sheffield over their treatment of Voth? The only people you spite are the Devils and yourself.
Out of interest...why the Devils ? I can understand myself as i miss a game but as i go to 80% of Devils games i dont feel i am missing out.

osh

Twinkle said:
Twinkle said:
To all the people who think the club acted 'dispicably' and people who are disgusted with the Devils in their treatment over Scott...will you still be going to games ? (geniune question)
I see no-one has answered this.

The hypocrisy on here is laughable or do people have no principles anymore or do people only apply their principles when it doesnt interfere with their own enjoyment ?

Out of principle i will not go to Sheffield for any game/20-20 tournament because of their treatment of Voth . Out of princple i will not go to a BP garage because of their total disregard of people and wildlife during the 'leak'. There is also a website (Non-hockey) i will never ever go on due to the administrators disgusting treatment of a very sensitive issue.

So, posters who have called the club disgusting/ their actions deispicable towards Scott / the club should be ashamed of themselves ...are you still willing to pay them your hard earned cash ?

I know some posters will think i am being trivial but if i believe in something so strongly i will make a stand...will you ?

I don't think you are being trivial at all, we are all entitled to our views. However,whilst I admire your sentiments, perhaps it maybe right and fair to give the club a chance to respond to Romfos allegations eh ? In fact, I have emailed the club expressing concern that they haven't as yet responded to the Romfo situation. Lets give them the opportunity to respond before finally making our minds up on this one, what do you think ?

TheStub

Re: Re: Just in case you didnt hear about Romfo!

Twinkle said:
Out of interest...why the Devils ? I can understand myself as i miss a game but as i go to 80% of Devils games i dont feel i am missing out.
Because, the Steellers wont miss you, but the Devils have less to support them. I am assuming you were talking about away games.

Re: Re: Just in case you didnt hear about Romfo!

TheStub said:
Twinkle said:
Because, the Steellers wont miss you, but the Devils have less to support them. I am assuming you were talking about away games.

I see what you mean now :) Yes i was talking about away games...mind you, i remember going to Belfast with a friend a being the only ones there :lol:

I do understand what you are saying i just feel that if someone feels so strongly that someone/company has annoyed them that words like despicable and disgusting are used they would not use that company again...maybe sport is different.

TheStub

I think sport is different, as loyalty goes deeper.

Osh is right, let them know they've done bad.

osh said:
Twinkle said:
Twinkle said:
To all the people who think the club acted 'dispicably' and people who are disgusted with the Devils in their treatment over Scott...will you still be going to games ? (geniune question)
I see no-one has answered this.

The hypocrisy on here is laughable or do people have no principles anymore or do people only apply their principles when it doesnt interfere with their own enjoyment ?

Out of principle i will not go to Sheffield for any game/20-20 tournament because of their treatment of Voth . Out of princple i will not go to a BP garage because of their total disregard of people and wildlife during the 'leak'. There is also a website (Non-hockey) i will never ever go on due to the administrators disgusting treatment of a very sensitive issue.

So, posters who have called the club disgusting/ their actions deispicable towards Scott / the club should be ashamed of themselves ...are you still willing to pay them your hard earned cash ?

I know some posters will think i am being trivial but if i believe in something so strongly i will make a stand...will you ?

I don't think you are being trivial at all, we are all entitled to our views. However,whilst I admire your sentiments, perhaps it maybe right and fair to give the club a chance to respond to Romfos allegations eh ? In fact, I have emailed the club expressing concern that they haven't as yet responded to the Romfo situation. Lets give them the opportunity to respond before finally making our minds up on this one, what do you think ?
Reading your post i get the impression that you may have misunderstood my post :D . I am not one of the ones who think the club is necessarily wrong on this issue. If i was being brutally honest i dont really care who is right or wrong . I go down to watch the team, politics just ruins the enjoyment for me.It was posters with such strong views about it i was asking the question.

You wont go to a steelers game because of the way the treated the vother yet you dont really care about the shocking treatment of romfo which could lead to us losing out on imports in future if it continues and gives UK ice hockey a bad name? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

nmase20 said:
You wont go to a steelers game because of the way the treated the vother yet you dont really care about the shocking treatment of romfo which could lead to us losing out on imports in future if it continues and gives UK ice hockey a bad name? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
Believe me, if clubs offer the right money players wont give a monkeys what has happenend to players before them. The same argument was used when BP ran the club,dropping out of the league for a season etc.... Would you say the last couple of seasons we havent been able to recruit 'good' imports ?
As for the Sheffield/Romfo incidents . Romfo was one incident that happened and as yet no-one can 100% say who is to blame but with Voth it became a witchhunt which resulted in us losing a very influential player for many games, maybe costing us games.

As i have stated before, i dont care what happens off the ice, been there done that , springs to mind. I just turn up around the country,watch the Devils and go home.

Gazza272

osh said:
[

The club would be mental to be coming out with comments every time the players had gripes aired on facebook or on the Inferno.

If Romfo really wanted to make things difficult for the club i'm sure he could have found Terry Phillips number. Then Terry probably would have asked for comment from the club.

As it is Romfo has decided to air his views on here. Fair play to him if thats what he wants to do, but it isnt exactly going to change much or spark a comment from the club.

Reading the statement from Romfo I would be dissapointed and upset in his situation, and obviously he took the advice in good faith. The only bit i would take issue is, is the part where Romfo said the immigration website wasnt clear so he took the advice of the club, there was clearly doubt there and in those instances I always think a call to the immigration services would have been more apt. Especially after romfo came on here and requested work, only to say he didnt know he couldnt work legally after the season had finished. So clearly immigration issues were something that needed to be adressed.

But As i say why wouldnt he trust the advice of the club and its dissapointing that considering we have an ex import player on our management team issues like this shouldnt really arise.

Scott performed exceptionally well for us in the second half of the season when he returned and it's a shame his view of the club has been tainted, and I hope that over time the good times of the fan support over his sacking and the run to the finals of which Scott was a big part of will be the overriding memory.

osh

Gazza272 said:
osh said:
[

The club would be mental to be coming out with comments every time the players had gripes aired on facebook or on the Inferno.

If Romfo really wanted to make things difficult for the club i'm sure he could have found Terry Phillips number. Then Terry probably would have asked for comment from the club.

As it is Romfo has decided to air his views on here. Fair play to him if thats what he wants to do, but it isnt exactly going to change much or spark a comment from the club.

Reading the statement from Romfo I would be dissapointed and upset in his situation, and obviously he took the advice in good faith. The only bit i would take issue is, is the part where Romfo said the immigration website wasnt clear so he took the advice of the club, there was clearly doubt there and in those instances I always think a call to the immigration services would have been more apt. Especially after romfo came on here and requested work, only to say he didnt know he couldnt work legally after the season had finished. So clearly immigration issues were something that needed to be adressed.

But As i say why wouldnt he trust the advice of the club and its dissapointing that considering we have an ex import player on our management team issues like this shouldnt really arise.

Scott performed exceptionally well for us in the second half of the season when he returned and it's a shame his view of the club has been tainted, and I hope that over time the good times of the fan support over his sacking and the run to the finals of which Scott was a big part of will be the overriding memory.
Heard from Shannon earlier on. He assures me he will be talking to Paul Regan regarding the Romfo issue. So lets give the club a chance and see what they have to say. To say this matter is unsatisfactory is clearly an understatement, however, lessons must surely have been learned from this embarrassing situation and will, hopefully, be avoided in the future. Looking forward to a club statement on this one.

Gazza272

osh said:
Heard from Shannon earlier on. He assures me he will be talking to Paul Regan regarding the Romfo issue. So lets give the club a chance and see what they have to say. To say this matter is unsatisfactory is clearly an understatement, however, lessons must surely have been learned from this embarrassing situation and will, hopefully, be avoided in the future. Looking forward to a club statement on this one.

I'll still stand by the fact that any club statement on this would be setting a very dangerous PR precedent. Your basically giving free reign to the players to cause mayhem on fans sites for more minor issues.

Now dont mis construe that to mean i think this Romfo situation is a minor issue, but at the moment all it is, is a player putting his side of the story on a fans forum. If there was a PR person worth thier salt in the office they would look at the situation and realise the story is pretty contained, there are a small number who read and take the forums seriously, putting a story on the main website or the Echo would just intensify things at this stage.

For the sake of my faith in the clubs PR until the romfo story makes the Echo or something other than this forum I would really expect the club to keep it tight.

TheStub

Gazza272 said:
For the sake of my faith in the clubs PR until the romfo story makes the Echo or something other than this forum I would really expect the club to keep it tight.
That's my issue with the Echo - I can't see them running an article that would criticise the Devils in any way. I'm sorry, but objective journalism doesn't seem to follow here.

Clare said:
J.B said:
But surely in signing a contract with Romfo, they made an agreement to put him ALL the way through his course and not crap on him halfway through. The club should know from the outset how long a course runs and so therefore, how long the player requires the visa for and therefore, how much it would cost them to make the appropriate arrangements.

I doubt very much that it came as a surprise to anyone that Romfo's course meant he needed to be in the UK until June. But somehow, no one thought about how they would arrange his visa come April/May when it expired. You would think this kind of basic administration would be sorted in the off season/when the players are first signed and are sorting out their visas. If they did think about it before it all happened, then they wouldnt be unexpectedly having to fork out money for extra visas, like they claim they didnt want to do with Romfo.

In Romfo's original post he says he had to stay until Sept not June, so way over the limit, it should have been sorted, if they (the club) are offering these Uni places to entice players over here they need to make sure they have the correct visa, its not rocket science

osh

Further to my post stating that I had contacted the club regarding the Scott Romfo affair, I have received feedback through Shannon who has obviously diascussd this matter with Paul Ragan.

Shannon has made it clear that the club have an unarranged agreement that the forum is for the fans and although the club don't always agree with articles and individual posts made, it is a matter for the members of the forum to take their own views.

I have received a response directly from CEO Paul Ragan who has requested that the following statement be issued on behalf of the club ;- Quote.

''In respect of certain accusations made by released player Scott Romfo, the clubs stance is not to discuss internal matters on public forums. The matter has been considered and legal recommendations sought, and any furure communication will be made directly to Mr Romfo.

For the record however, I remain unsatisfied at a number of untruths claimed by Mr Romfo in various communications, and as a result would like to reassure our fans that I remain satisfied at this juncture with our conduct as a club.''

Signed; Paul Ragan

AS far as I am concerned, my posts on this subject are now at an end.

Gazza272 said:
osh said:

I'll still stand by the fact that any club statement on this would be setting a very dangerous PR precedent. Your basically giving free reign to the players to cause mayhem on fans sites for more minor issues.

Now dont mis construe that to mean i think this Romfo situation is a minor issue, but at the moment all it is, is a player putting his side of the story on a fans forum. If there was a PR person worth thier salt in the office they would look at the situation and realise the story is pretty contained, there are a small number who read and take the forums seriously, putting a story on the main website or the Echo would just intensify things at this stage.

Sorry Gazza, but I don't think its a minor issue, as I said its not rocket science for the club to know Scott needed a visa until Sept, I should imagine Scott worked damn hard all the way through the course, to miss out near the finish line. It was his first time over here so you would think that the club who deals with imports on a regular basis would have the basic knowledge regarding visa's. Yes he had some responsibility as well. I really hope Shannon can get something sorted, and make the office staff aware of the procedures. As regards to the club acting illegaly, I bet all the clubs do the same, to save costs etc, ok if your course finishes Apr/May, but not to expect it for a course that finishes Sept, its ridiculous, maybe the club and the business school should get together to discuss the visa cost being incorporated into the sponsorship deal .... duh only a thought !

rocketbob

Following the statement from Paul Ragan, I for one am happy to leave the matter alone and let the club and Scott work it out between themselves.

Koop11

I think the matter from a fans forum point of view is now closed. Both sides have given their views and any further communication will be dealt with by those involved.

Perhaps this is a good time to close this thread.