Festive Hockey - Devils V Blaze - 2014 Edition

Ocko

Sheincar said:
As there'll be so many there hopefully a bumper 50/50. Blaze prize was about £440 last night; help us sellers to beat that!
Thats a good point. Sheffield had there's in the thousands last night and have done most of the year. Maybe a big effort from fans, sellers and Todd on the mic could bump ours up. (Not that I am doubting the effort of the sellers, before anyone gets sensitive)

Sheincar

Ocko said:
Sheincar said:
As there'll be so many there hopefully a bumper 50/50. Blaze prize was about £440 last night; help us sellers to beat that!
Thats a good point. Sheffield had there's in the thousands last night and have done most of the year. Maybe a big effort from fans, sellers and Todd on the mic could bump ours up. (Not that I am doubting the effort of the sellers, before anyone gets sensitive)
Sheffield's was £6294 from a crowd of about 8000. I can't stand Simms but fair play to him he's really boosted their sales.Clan get about £1000 and even Milton Keynes get more than £400. Ours is really poor in comparison & no longer any reason for it. Plenty of sellers & vocal with it ?( or is that just me?).

Another resounding Devils win,blaze are a laughing stock pure and simple,outplayed,outmuscled
and for about the 10th game in a row outshot,no wonder stewart is pretty pissed with the absolute dross he has infront of him.
Sums it up for me last night Griffin hits clarkson hard by the boards and knocks him down a few seconds Devils player pushes griffin to the ice,the only one to stand up for him was chalmers,
Egener,cescon,Rawlyk gutless in not standing up and being counted.
Enjoy your sell out crowd I expect away end to be full of Devils fans,as if they've got any sense many blaze fans should not be bothering to travel 100 or so miles to wTch this gutless team get another beating from your Devils side.

Ocko

The game last night was one of the most fun away games I've been to. The anthem sung by the Devils fans was superb, loudest I've heard it, even managed to be louder than the chavtastic Blaze dance music that they turned up to drown us out. Stewart was tormented from the word go and the Skydome silenced from the start.

A bit more credit needs to be given to Lord and the players. Coventry are a different outfit now under Weber and have a bit more direction, their results are improving. The result never looked in doubt though and even when we fell behind I never thought the result was going to be anything other than a Devils win. Lord's coaching out thought Weber though, we adjusted tactics early when they played a high trap; we played a high man as a decoy and broke with speed that they didn't know how to deal with. Haddad destroyed Chalmers just to remind the Blaze of our team toughness, the tougher Blaze players were anonymous. Lord, Mychan, Haddad and Hotham were all brilliant. In particular Lord and Mychan who completely emptied the tank and worked themselves to the ground.

My only concern is that some fans now expect us to blow teams away by cricket scores. That was a great road win, regardless of how many Coventry scored. Manage expectations and you'll enjoy every game!

Some unsavoury moments though; a Devils fan had a tennis ball thrown at them, Jesse Mychan had beer thrown at him in the penalty box, and a very rude, jobsworth steward tried to stop Devils fans standing in the back row (which every team has done, forever in the Skydome), even though the Blaze fans were all doing it - he caused quite a scene. A manager overruled this though the next period in fairness. It's a shame that a few spoil it as there are many good friendly fans at the Blaze.

My son is not coming tonight, so I have a spare seat next to me if anyone wants it rather than stand.

It is a child ticket, so you will need to have bought your own, but other than that you are welcome to join me in Block 3.

PM me to let me know. I will be leaving at 5, so would need to be before then.

wildthing74

Would be amazing to get over £400 on 50/50. The prize has already pretty much quadrupled in the last year or so and now fans know the truth where the money goes there's no reason not to support it with every penny helping the club out this great team on the ice.

The new ownership and Todd have totally changes the culture and deserve to see the prize fund backed up.With hard work it's gotten over £300 recently but to get £400 plus should be the norm with the bigger crowds we are getting.

Just to pre warn anybody coming to the RAT desk you won't be leaving without buying 50/50. Some may call it bulling I would say more industrious way of helping the club :)

wildthing74 said:
Would be amazing to get over £400 on 50/50. The prize has already pretty much quadrupled in the last year or so and now fans know the truth where the money goes there's no reason not to support it with every penny helping the club out this great team on the ice.

The new ownership and Todd have totally changes the culture and deserve to see the prize fund backed up.With hard work it's gotten over £300 recently but to get £400 plus should be the norm with the bigger crowds we are getting.

Just to pre warn anybody coming to the RAT desk you won't be leaving without buying 50/50. Some may call it bulling I would say more industrious way of helping the club :)
I think SOHB has an affect on 50/50 tickets, nothing to do with the organisation this season

wildthing74

jodysstillagirlsname said:
wildthing74 said:

I think SOHB has an affect on 50/50 tickets, nothing to do with the organisation this season
Very true and I would still prefer to win sohb than 50/50 but that's personal choice. Our fans probably value sohb more than any other fanbase and the guys raise great money doing it.It would just be nice to also get the 50/50 as high as possible for the folks who would rather win that than sohb.
Can't wait for tonight :)

1 seat, 7 standing left. 2 went whilst I was looking.

Congratulations to the owners, the management and the team for giving an on ice product that means Sold Out signs are the order of the day.

Ocko

Have we ever turned anyone away since the Heineken League days? Even in the ISL we rarely sold out.

Let's hope planet ice just squeeze everyone in, hate to see new punters turned away!

voth26

Trying to book the webcast but keep getting error 404 message we can not find what your looking for please try again. Any ideas or help gratefully nicked lol

Slartibartfast

Great game that the Devils dominated. What I love about this team is the teamwork. If one player made a mistake on the puck within a second another player picked up the puck. The passing was also slick tonight.
CJ did great, Clarkson everywhere again and bouncing Bowns was unlucky not to get a shutout.
Some very favorable results tonight also

Belfast Giants 6 Braehead Clan 1
Nottingham Panthers 3 Sheffield Steelers 2 (AOT)