Festive Hockey - Devils V Blaze - 2014 Edition

Ger-Devils

Temme said:
Bit annoyed at tonight.

We planned our Boxing Day months ago, west brom vs Man city at 3:00 in the hawthorns then across to Coventry for the hockey.

We've just found out they've moved the face off back to 6 rather than 7, so we won't make it across in time for the hockey!

Why on earth would they move a hockey match to an earlier time so that it clashes with the premier league fixtures- and Birmingham has 4 bloody teams! (Including Coventry!)

Seems like very poor marketing by the blaze, or is this just sour grapes from me?
Google maps has it down as a 36 minute drive? Should be able to make it for 6?

It was originally down as a midday face off...

Temme said:
Bit annoyed at tonight.

We planned our Boxing Day months ago, west brom vs Man city at 3:00 in the hawthorns then across to Coventry for the hockey.

We've just found out they've moved the face off back to 6 rather than 7, so we won't make it across in time for the hockey!

Why on earth would they move a hockey match to an earlier time so that it clashes with the premier league fixtures- and Birmingham has 4 bloody teams! (Including Coventry!)

Seems like very poor marketing by the blaze, or is this just sour grapes from me?
Why on earth would blaze care about premier league fixtures,nearly a full rink for tonight's game already 3 hrs or so before face off

voth26

Sounds like a hell of a game so far devils 5-4, come on devils hold the lead and dont force it, let the blaze come to you.The closer we get to the end of the period still infront they will pull nettie!!

voth26

Well done devils, great win in a close game. My footy bets came in all I needed was devils to beat blaze and Jesse's winning goal brought my bets in for £200, happy days and i owe Jesse a beer lol

Devil94

As a bit of Christmas fun, shall we all retweet the Blaze fans that said Dougie will be gone by Xmas. Considering today is boxing day and he had a win, goal and assist today. A search of 'Clarkson gone Christmas (or xmas) would find them...

E.D.S.

Not a bad game. Still worrying to concede 4 against a team that offer very little going forward. We dominated possession and territory which stats-wise would make for a great road win but reality was very indifferent.
It's a fantastic two points and I'm delighted but I'd like to think Lordy will have a word.
Not good enough from this team that are setting their own high standards (didn't think I'd say that these last four years) the boys work their nuts off and have bagged another win but this team should expect more and demand more from each other to take them to the next level. Very very happy with two points. Well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great night for the Devils, Panthers beat Steelers 4-0 away from home. 4 points off top spot going into the new year, could be 2 points after tonight if results go our way

Slartibartfast

I thought that was a much improved Blaze team. But the Devils were too strong for them. The scoreline flatterred. We just have so much depth in scoring. Hotham is on fire recently

wildthing74

I honestly felt last night we still could have gone up at least another gear and won without really firing on all cylinders.

Blaze look far more organised but benefited from a few defensive errors that gave a flattering scoreline.

Mychan deserved his GWG and worked like a dog all game and was delighted coach got 2 in front of his folks.

Can't take anything for granted and I hope we come out flying tonight as this is probably our biggest game so far and will really show if we are serious about challenging for top spot.

voth26

Cheers Finny, thats what i thought but wasnt 100% certain. hopefully we take the points tonight, looks like another full rocking BBT. im working but will be glued to MNL.

wildthing74

kettdevil1 said:
12 seats left for tonight....... Amazing to reflect on the turnaround from last Christmas!
Any business that treats its staff and its customers with respect will thrive.You treat them with contempt you fail.Simple really but some businessmen get it but fake ones don't.

Sheincar

wildthing74 said:
I honestly felt last night we still could have gone up at least another gear and won without really firing on all cylinders.

Blaze look far more organised but benefited from a few defensive errors that gave a flattering scoreline.

Mychan deserved his GWG and worked like a dog all game and was delighted coach got 2 in front of his folks.

Can't take anything for granted and I hope we come out flying tonight as this is probably our biggest game so far and will really show if we are serious about challenging for top spot.
They nearly gave us 3 own goals in the first period but did settle down after that. For me none of their players really stood out other than poor Stewart who I did feel sorry for in the end.

Ger-Devils

At times yesterday, Coventry were no match for us. The pressure we created in their zone was unreal. For most of the 1st, it was just us in their zone despite the poor turnover we gave them for their goal.

Few penalty issues cost us but we had enough scoring options to get the job done. Not a full 60 minutes from us but a win is a win.

Hopefully a full game from us tonight with a full rink. Just 6 seats left and 90 standing so expect another busy rink!

Great to see.