Festive Hockey - Devils V Blaze - 2014 Edition

schulersagoodun said:
DevilDom said:

Saying that the baiting of him is recognition of the fact he is Blaze's best player and if fans can put him off his game even 1% that helps our team. That is professional sport........! Get a grip people...................
A

A quality keeper...with experience....is more likely, in my opinion, to raise his game 10% in the face of such chanting. In every professional sport I know, adverse criticism or publicity is often used to extra motivate a player or team.
So, if anything such chanting gives Coventry an 'extra' stimulus....not the Devils.
Stewart has 'lost his head' in a couple of games against us this year. Whether down to the fans or not could be debated, but given that he has looked at the crowd whilst being annoyed shows there is a chance that it contributes.

jimmy snels

Maybe we should be nice to darnell as well, I'm sure he tries his best.
The steelers aren't all bad, the booing is ott.
And simsy probably has a glandular problem and it's a bit harsh all the fat jokes.

:DWD

I didn't hear anything other than "stewart" and "its all your fault" but i am deaf in one ear and the guy next to me was infuriated at some of the things said.

Did anyone actually hear anything worse?

devilflame said:
Unfortunately it's banter everyone is entitled to an opinion, is it bad I say no, if it effects that player and he does not play 100% in that game then it helps out our side, as he is a professional sportsman I'm sure he blocks it out because he should be focused on his job keeping out the puck, which last night he had a good game but went wandering a couple of times!
Good humoured or even "wind up" chanting is IMO a great way to help the team. "It's all your fault" is an good example.

Sorry to say I heard some shouting by individuals that were personal attacks that went too far (for my taste at least). It's a fine line, but the class act that the Devils now are, need to try not to cross it.

voth26 said:
Just looked at the league table it makes for great reading joint on points with braehead 37 points, and joint top scorers in the league with steelers 106 goals scored and fourth for goals against 79, looking good so far but still a long way to go. What a difference a change of circumstances and a positive approach to business makes, oh and a great set of owners, great coach and team and a fantastic GM always helps :pickle :Banana
Why does the EIHL website shows Braehead above the Devils ?

They have played more games and Devils have won more games.
Surely it should be the other way round - if it was the end of the season and we were tied on points at the top wouldn't the Devils win because of the greater number of wins ?

Have Hope#35

djc7 said:
voth26 said:
Just looked at the league table it makes for great reading joint on points with braehead 37 points, and joint top scorers in the league with steelers 106 goals scored and fourth for goals against 79, looking good so far but still a long way to go. What a difference a change of circumstances and a positive approach to business makes, oh and a great set of owners, great coach and team and a fantastic GM always helps :pickle :Banana

Surely it should be the other way round - if it was the end of the season and we were tied on points at the top wouldn't the Devils win because of the greater number of wins ?
No because only 14 of our 18 wins are in regulation... 16 of Braehead's 17 are in regulation and that's the deciding factor I'm afraid! Win our game in hand and we'll be ok.

Have Hope#35 said:
djc7 said:
voth26 said:

No because only 14 of our 18 wins are in regulation... 16 of Braehead's 17 are in regulation and that's the deciding factor I'm afraid! Win our game in hand and we'll be ok.
Thanks for clearing that up - I was only looking at the table on the main page not the full table with more details on it.

It would be much better if the points awarded were 3 for a regulation win, 2 for an overtime / shootout win and 1 for an overtime / shootout loss.

At least we are top of our conference and if we win our game in hand then we will be clear second.

jimmy snels

He must be sitting there wondering what could have been now though surely, and where it all went wrong. I saw raygun at the rink the other week when it was pumping with a huge crowd.

BostonBart22

banter for stewart was nowhere near as bad as other games where he lost his head a few times, hence he had a stormer last night imo. we need to do this more often to opposing players as fans have said earlier it can turn a game to the devils advantage aimed at the right player. another netminder who always got banter thrown at him was mark bernard
netminder played for bracknell at the w.n i.r. he lost the plot lots of times playing against the devils...i say keep it up, you never know it may work in a playoff game.

DevilDom

Marty said:
Budgie particularly liked 'It's behind you'!

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
I'll admit to that one being that its panto season and all.

Sorry if I offended anyone with that comment! :DWD

We really do have a terrible habit in Cardiff of finding something to moan about it. The hockey is great and we are winning games, there are no rumours of problems behind the scenes and we have a fantastic new arena on the way. So what do we do? Start turning on each other about a few tongue in cheek chants! Priceless.

BostonBart22 said:
banter for stewart was nowhere near as bad as other games where he lost his head a few times, hence he had a stormer last night imo. we need to do this more often to opposing players as fans have said earlier it can turn a game to the devils advantage aimed at the right player. another netminder who always got banter thrown at him was mark bernard
netminder played for bracknell at the w.n i.r. he lost the plot lots of times playing against the devils...i say keep it up, you never know it may work in a playoff game.
Perfect example being when we did it to Boucher in a Hull game a few years back. He shipped about 5 and was pulled.

Gough60

"Jodie is a girl's name" still one of my
Fave's.
What a professional team performance last night.No
need to be physical, beat them with skill.
Anyone see ITV Wales news :oops: . So glad Ben got his shut out :DWD
Must be true 3-0 devils win they said.
This is THE NEWS where they report facts.
FACT- score was 3-1.

Ocko

Now we're worried about upsetting the opposition NM? This is a new low Devils fans. It's one of the most aggressive and violent contact sports and people are concerned about a few chants, of which none were personal, overly aggressive or in the slightest bit not suitable for a family audience.

I hope the opposition hate coming here, I don't want it to be comfortable at all. I want them to arrive before the game and be itching to get back on the bus. Why do we try and be so nice/pretentious? Take a trip to a few football/rugby derbies I'm sure you'll come back thinking it's playground stuff in British hockey after being there.