Devils v Giants - 05/09 - League - 6:00pm

osh

Sliput; fair comment, in that case, lets have a look at things in 6 - 8 weeks and see how good or bad things are then. I think it only fair to give it about 4 week an see how things look at that time.

Sliput said:
osh said:
Sliput said:
Cant be bothered...mods,please delete.

Thanks
Yes its early doors and 2 bad results I agree. a bad weekend, but we have tough games coming up. If results don't go our way, how long would you give it before asking for changes to be made.
I think we should also give credit to Sheff and Giants for putting such sides together. I think the standard will be higher this season, but we won't have moved on unfortunately.
At least 6-8 weeks before looking to change anything. I fully understand where you are coming from but, i dont know.....maybe i dont take the game/supporting the Devils too seriously anymore so even though i get disappointed at losing i dont let it annoy me or let it get to me.
(This isnt a swipe at anyone who is passionate about the Devils, its just how i feel/think about myself)

I know where your coming from but we expect better every season we all can't wait for the season to start, you know the team will do this and that and we are aiming to win the league, but then its the same old crap start i think most of us have got used to it now.

Sliput

Dai Vader said:
I know where your coming from but we expect better every season we all can't wait for the season to start, you know the team will do this and that and we are aiming to win the league, but then its the same old crap start i think most of us have got used to it now.
I believe this is the first time in a while (might be wrong) that the Devils have lost their opening home game....maybe its a good luck thing.

Win first home game....Number of trophies 0
Lose first home game....Total opposite !!

You never know, stranger things have happened :) ;)

More lulling into a false sense of security. Voth and Finners were having bets on what rumours they could get going. They probably didnt consider the "The gay lovers had a domestic so Voth slapped Finners and hurt his wrist meaning he wasnt able to play" :cool:

Sliput

Clare said:
Voth and Finners were having bets on what rumours they could get going. They probably didnt consider the "The gay lovers had a domestic so Voth slapped Finners and hurt his wrist meaning he wasnt able to play" :cool:
Neither has anyone else :?:

Ger-Devils

Vothers hand is fecked from last night where he hit Clark - What I heared from reliable person.

The rumour of turmoil with Finners and Voth was nonsense

voth26

can anyone clear up a question for me when a puck hits nettie on the mask the game is supposed to be stopped, how come it didnt when lyle got hit on his mask!! also is this the same if a player gets his on the helmet? giants third goal hit kenton on his helmet and pinged against the bar but didnt actually cross the line it was about 2/3 inches in play but a goal was given. not sure about scotty he seemed to flag a few times in the game thought tylor and macrae played very well tonight and tylor should have had mom for me no disrespect to ben

Rempel16

voth26 said:
can anyone clear up a question for me when a puck hits nettie on the mask the game is supposed to be stopped, how come it didnt when lyle got hit on his mask!! also is this the same if a player gets his on the helmet? giants third goal hit kenton on his helmet and pinged against the bar but didnt actually cross the line it was about 2/3 inches in play but a goal was given. not sure about scotty he seemed to flag a few times in the game thought tylor and macrae played very well tonight and tylor should have had mom for me no disrespect to ben
the rules have changed this year. Play continues if it hits the goalie in the mask.

James

Administrator
It's never been automatic anyway. If a puck hits a goalies mask, it's down to the ref to decide if he wants to call it, if it's determined to be hard enough.

Ben played well tonight on the second line. Showed some real effort when chasing the puck, and he took Hoffman out early on as well despite being about a foot shorter, so props to him for that. I do think Michel should have got MOM though as he played tirelessly all night.

Voth left the bench after the first period, I saw him in the bar during the second. I think the argument with Finnerty rumour is nonsense.

I was under the impression that the entire puck had to cross the goal line for it to count, the Giants third goal came off the crossbar but never did cross the line fully as far as I could see (I was stood sideways on to the goal), and the goal judge didn't think so either but Dean Smith called it himself.

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #54
Unfortunately it looked well past the line from my seat up in Block 5 :(

Still, a better performance than yesterday, but the Giants certainly looked a good team.

Chris.

In response to the above, the puck passed the line by about 4 inches or so. It was clear.

Belfast did look very good, their passing was crisp and they broke out quickly. After about 5 minutes though, it was obvious that DC would continue to keep a forward on the opposition blue line. It could have been so different, we were unlucky not to score a few more, if a couple of 1-on-1s had gone our way we could have won that game. If that had happened, we would have snuck it, but wouldn't have deserved it.

G played really well, as did Ben. Steve started a little shakily but his confidence grew as the game went on. Craze on the other hand, started well but felt his confidence start to fade as the game developed, we should have peppered him with shots in the final period.

Oh well, feeling better than last night

Ghost Dog said:
Voth left the bench after the first period, I saw him in the bar during the second. I think the argument with Finnerty rumour is nonsense.
Have to agree, if Voth had been benched for an argument then that is surely where he would have stayed, not showered, dressed and in the bar.

phil PLT said:
Ghost Dog said:
Have to agree, if Voth had been benched for an argument then that is surely where he would have stayed, not showered, dressed and in the bar.
Have to agree phil,i spoke to voth after he had changed,just at the start of the 2nd period,and his left hand was maybe 2 or 3 times the size of his right.It was very swollen and you could tell it was giving him a fair bit of pain. He confirmed it was from the fight on saturday night, so this rumour about this so-called arguement with finnerty is just that, a rumour!

A

Anonymous

Pluses

Got to start with G, thought he was great tonight, defended very well and scored a peach, definitely MoM for me!
Thought at times we matched the Giants and the game would of gone into OT if it wasn't for bad luck and good net minding.
Great crowd, kept vocal but the deep voiced bloke in block 3 !
Definitely think our 1st line will be sorted soon and will start to cause serious damage!
Great performances from Tylor (as always) and Ben.
Much better team performance

Minuses

Another defeat.
Defence looks shaky and nervous
Lyle started game looking very nervous.
9 goals conceded in 2 games
zero point weekend

A much better performance but still not quite there. We will need patience of a saint for a few months guys but hang in there!
I think Sawyer is perhaps trying too hard to impress, trying to make slick passes out of defence and giving the puck away. He reminds me of Tony Adams, the ex arsenal stalwart. Great one minute, dodgy the next.

wildthing74

The Finnerty Voth rumour was nonsense.These guys are best mates and even when best mates have a disagreement its forgotten,thats what great about being great mates.
Don't suppose Voth was helped by Clark being a coward in keeping his helmet on even though he was the one who stepped up to start the fight.
Better performances from many of the players and the D looked better.Not panicking yet as when you look at the 4 games played we have played against good sides.Losing to Sheffield was a shock and a bit of a sickener but just goes to prove where we are and expectations from the fans need to match that.Whilst this side maybe could have gone close to winning the league last season,everybody else has also improved their sides.