Devils v Giants - 05/09 - League - 6:00pm

devson said:
the way i look at it how many times do they dump and chase in the NHL not very often because they have fast skilled playes who can skate the puck in from there own zone and when they do dump and chase they chase it down really hard. imo cardiff did not have the skill to skate the puck in to the zone last nite i hope this will improve as cardiff played good entertaining hockey last season and was a pleasure to drive all that way to watch them i am still hopefull they will improve
Guess you haven't watched a lot of nhl lately!
Philadelphia were awesome at dump and chase and where did it get them? Stanley cup final!
Do I need to say more?

ASHIPP

Finny said:
oneill said:
When the Devils completed their roster they looked to have a team that would be close to winning the title until other teams brought in some quality AHL / DEL / TOP ECHL signings.
That's exactly my feelings. When we got to the end of our roster we looked really good and a big improvement on last season.
Then the Arena 3 started splashing the cash on AHL players and we just can't compete with that.
Despite all the posts over the Summer about certain teams 'overspending' etc, the hard fact is that to try to get the advantage over the rest, you have to raise the bar in terms of experience, which comes at a price. The Devils do have quality players......but the chasm between Steelers/Panthers/Giants/Cov and the rest of the league in terms of performance looks like it could be even more marked this year. In the end, it's a question of what money was available from the Club this Summer to spend on the roster. If Panthers have, say, an extra £1500 per week on players wages,, that's the equivelant of 1 extra special player or 2 very decent ones.

so the flyers dumped the puck on every other shift and only one maybe two playes bothered to chase it down i dont think so mate face it on sunday cardiff did not play good hockey end of

devson said:
so the flyers dumped the puck on every other shift and only one maybe two playes bothered to chase it down i dont think so mate face it on sunday cardiff did not play good hockey end of
every other is probably about right your post said they dont play dump and chase very often in the nhl which is wrong watch how most teams gain entry to the zone on the pp in the nhl as probably 50%of the time when they actually gain the zone it is through d&c.
Cardiff didnt play great hockey but they turned around a 2 goal deficit by changing tactic when the one they were using wasnt working. Also bare in mind based on roster alone Belfast were many peoples choice of team to top the league and we were without one of our most influential players for more than 2 periods. I hate making excuses but its the start of the season and nobody wins the league in september!