Devils v Giants - 05/09 - League - 6:00pm

A

Anonymous

Finny said:
oneill said:
When the Devils completed their roster they looked to have a team that would be close to winning the title until other teams brought in some quality AHL / DEL / TOP ECHL signings.
That's exactly my feelings. When we got to the end of our roster we looked really good and a big improvement on last season.
Then the Arena 3 started splashing the cash on AHL players and we just can't compete with that.
After the home play off leg Vs the Steelers, didn't Regan promise that we would sign the best players possible? That to me states that we can compete?

Finny

Well unless he is planning on throwing money at the team I can't see how. I took it to mean that when we had the arena we would be signing the best players - and had we won the tender I think we would have.
Until then though, we can't hope to compete. And I guess we will have to see how much being PI's tennants will cost us.

Wannabe2

TheDevilTorn said:
Finny said:
oneill said:
When the Devils completed their roster they looked to have a team that would be close to winning the title until other teams brought in some quality AHL / DEL / TOP ECHL signings.
That's exactly my feelings. When we got to the end of our roster we looked really good and a big improvement on last season.
Then the Arena 3 started splashing the cash on AHL players and we just can't compete with that.
After the home play off leg Vs the Steelers, didn't Regan promise that we would sign the best players possible? That to me states that we can compete?
Perhaps it was the best possible players within our budget.

TheStub

I would rather a mid table finish with an affordable team than win the league and go bust.

I would love some silverware, but the real success needs to come off the ice. I'm more worried by the look of some of the decisions the off ice team are making.

A

Anonymous

Perhaps it was the best possible players within our budget.
Perhaps, I'm just going on what he actually said.

Cant find the post regarding Pelle, but totally agree. From all the new players he's been the best for me, really like him. Give him a few more weeks, improve a notch or 2, I think he will prove to be a class act.

TheStub

I have to be honest, all three lines need to click. Once they do, we will see more skill. Lots of passes etc were just off, so it bodes well.

For me, the second line looked the most cohesive. Oh yeah, they've all had at least a season already playing together :lol:

TheStub

DevilDom said:
TheStub said:
I'm more worried by the look of some of the decisions the off ice team are making.
Out of interest, what decisions in particular are worrying you?
There is just a general feeling I'm getting. Things like the taking the merch off CH Sports, or the Red Army thing at the expense of CDSL.

Yes, I can see the reasons for those decisions. But I can also see the negative effect they may have - and how out of depth the club looks sometimes (*cough* buying game worn jerseys *cough*).

After the bad taste left by Poppy Gate last year, the outcry from leaving players, and a myriad of little things, I am worried that we haven't just not learned from the bad feeling they built but may actually be increasing it.

No 50/50 around the rink? Are we not doing because we have changed direction - or are we annoying people so much they aren't helping?

We seem to be leapfrogging from ultra professional to less than Sunday league style administration of the business. They need to remember that they are a very small business, with a tiny turn over and I doubt any profit. I am willing to be proved wrong, but I would hope that they would realise that in their situation good faith is often worth more than any finacial rewards, and they build good relationships that return more than they could otherwise afford to buy.

I hope that my fears are proved wrong, but I dread that I wont be.

DevilDom

TheStub said:
DevilDom said:
TheStub said:
I'm more worried by the look of some of the decisions the off ice team are making.
Out of interest, what decisions in particular are worrying you?
There is just a general feeling I'm getting. Things like the taking the merch off CH Sports, or the Red Army thing at the expense of CDSL.

Yes, I can see the reasons for those decisions. But I can also see the negative effect they may have - and how out of depth the club looks sometimes (*cough* buying game worn jerseys *cough*).

After the bad taste left by Poppy Gate last year, the outcry from leaving players, and a myriad of little things, I am worried that we haven't just not learned from the bad feeling they built but may actually be increasing it.

No 50/50 around the rink? Are we not doing because we have changed direction - or are we annoying people so much they aren't helping?

We seem to be leapfrogging from ultra professional to less than Sunday league style administration of the business. They need to remember that they are a very small business, with a tiny turn over and I doubt any profit. I am willing to be proved wrong, but I would hope that they would realise that in their situation good faith is often worth more than any finacial rewards, and they build good relationships that return more than they could otherwise afford to buy.

I hope that my fears are proved wrong, but I dread that I wont be.
Interesting. I hadn't really thought of it like that but I see where you coming from.

I do however have faith in Paul Reagan (if not all the backroom staff). When he said at the meet the players night that he knew some of the decisions taken would upset some people (as change always does) it was his belief that everything they were doing was in the best interests of club and he asked people to trust him and the management on that.

I'm not really in a position to comment too much as i've never been in CDSL or in many of the things that are changing but I would like to give him time. I think it will take some parts of the organisation more time than others to catch up and become as professional as I believe is the vision. I have faith in Paul that he will push that through the change for the better and weedle out those people who are not upto the job and perhaps responsible for some of the PR gaffs we have seen in the past.

TheStub

DevilDom said:
Interesting. I hadn't really thought of it like that but I see where you coming from.

I do however have faith in Paul Reagan (if not all the backroom staff). When he said at the meet the players night that he knew some of the decisions taken would upset some people (as change always does) it was his belief that everything they were doing was in the best interests of club and he asked people to trust him and the management on that.

I'm not really in a position to comment too much as i've never been in CDSL or in many of the things that are changing but I would like to give him time. I think it will take some parts of the organisation more time than others to catch up and become as professional as I believe is the vision. I have faith in Paul that he will push that through the change for the better and weedle out those people who are not upto the job and perhaps responsible for some of the PR gaffs we have seen in the past.
I would have more faith if it wasn't for last season and then the Romfo incident. Taken on their own, no biggie - together they amount to a big question mark for me. The Devils aren't going to be the all powerful juggernaut that the likes Manchester united, or the Scarlets :lol: are.

I wait to be surprised, but I am deeply worried that they have alienated a lot of people moving so much.

osh

dave hardman said:
Guys!! we must all be to spell his name properly by now? it's RAGAN for crying out loud :roll: :roll:

Sorry Dave; DevilDom and The Stub make very informative ( and opinionated) comments which they have obviously given a bit of thought to, and your only input is to complain how Ragan is spelt !!!
Don't you have an opinion or are you just lurking waiting to pick members up on spelllling mistakes!

osh said:
dave hardman said:
Guys!! we must all be to spell his name properly by now? it's RAGAN for crying out loud :roll: :roll:

Sorry Dave; DevilDom and The Stub make very informative ( and opinionated) comments which they have obviously given a bit of thought to, and your only input is to complain how Ragan is spelt !!!
Don't you have an opinion or are you just lurking waiting to pick members up on spelllling mistakes!
I have an opinion but i would rather read what other posters have to say, thanks...
By the way you spelt spelling wrong, pfffttt!!!!!!! :lol: