Recent content by MattHuskie

1. M

Are we venturing into dangerous territory ?

I have some of these concerns too. I'm not concerned about the current import limit, I think it is probably about right to be in balance with the amount of brits that can play at this level. It enables 4 line hockey delivers a great level of Hockey and doesn't seem to be a negatice impact on...
  2. M

Devils v Trappers - 27/08 19:00 - Exhibition - Chat/Updates

Re: Devils v Trappers - 27/08 19:00 - Exhibition - Chat/Upda I'm pretty sure the team and management had more than crowd numbers in mind when they put on these games. Yes of course they wanted as many fans as poss, but they knew pre-season is unpredictable, it's school holidays and it's a lot...
  3. M

Devils sign Patrick Bordeleau

Pretty much agree with Mooney, have to give it to the ISL side, the ISL forwarrds and Goal tending are stronger, but our current defence looks better and today's squad would give them a great game. That said, I think todays hockey gives a far better oppportunity for the Brits and the...
  4. M

2016/2017 Rumours & Offseason Random Shenanigans

With the rumour about a big money tough forward not dying away and with Franny moving away from the bench, that situation is looking increasingly likely. I don't see us rotating too much and therefore Lord stepping onto the bench as a regular if not necessarily completely perminent thing (as in...
  5. M

You decide

Great answers, except Im not sure you could say, earlier in their careers about some, Lindman, Travis, etc those were pretty young and early in careers that didn't exactly stall after they moved on, Stringer and Elich are interesting choices too, those two had strange carrers IMO, considering...
  6. M

Andrew Lord

Spoke to Lord, he said he plans to Watch some of pre season from the bench as it " slows the game down" , so I would say, no story there....As for anything else and if he plans another player and more time on the bench... Let's see
  7. M

Definately one more twist in the final look of this team I reckon.
  8. M

From today's interview with Lord it is clear he likes what Brine brings, but also that he still, either has a style of player he would like to see join up to the squad, or a specific player. It's as if he's saying there are some guys out there thathe would hate to miss out on. They are...
  9. M

Looks like we are going to have 4 proper lines now and I think Brine will be 3rd line centre, Myers 4th.
  10. M

Looking round at the usual agent and database sites over the past few weeks, Brine has seemed to have been the guy that ticked the most boxes. The one he didnt tick was real toughness, but then only the fans have been talking about that, the management and ownership have, if anything, played it...
  11. M

All the comments from Lord, Todd and Steve are consistent on one thing, we don't currently have any offers out to anyone, or any real targets.. Most recently, Steve seems to have been cooling expectations of a big name enforcer type up front and now Todd is confirming we are certainly...
  12. M

That's a good point. I'd actually got sucked in to feeling that we need everything in place in the next 2 weeks. Actually we don't. It would be nice, but taking the squad we have into pre season and adding the right guy in a month or even 2 or 3 months time should actually be fine There...
  13. M

However Todd had just said we may start with what we have or there is a possibility we will look at Ben if he's available and doesn't go to the Coast. It really looks like the team are looking in a diferent direction to many who post on here. Intereating times.
  14. M

This guy from Tilburg might be worth a look as a gritty 4th liner with some size and some scoring. http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=16692
  15. M

Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2016/17

Ocko s point about Batch and Culligan swapping positions is a good one. Both Batch and Louis can play wing, so while I don't see that as a regular solution, the fact that Lord has continually mentiobed Cully as a defensive option throughout the summer makes this a viable option if and when...