2016/2017 Rumours & Offseason Random Shenanigans

jimmy snels

i guess im just greedy, Probably explains why im pushing 19 stone :lol: :lol:
I shall now go back to elite prospects and set my sights a tad lower in terms of all round game and get back to you with my final guess ;) :D

Cheers Stevo! :twisted:

Wannabe2

I still think we will have a hard nosed forward,why would you talk to Rosehill if you weren't going to go down that road. We only play Clan 4 times,we only play Manchester 4 times, but who wants to be beat up 8 times, lots of Devils fans won't. We don't have a history of a team that others can take liberties with, and I don't believe we will this season. One tough Cookie of a forward now and this team will be the envy of everyone if they are honest. A Rosehill type signing and then let the other pretenders worry about us.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS

Finny

Wannabe2 said:
I still think we will have a hard nosed forward,why would you talk to Rosehill if you weren't going to go down that road. We only play Clan 4 times,we only play Manchester 4 times, but who wants to be beat up 8 times, lots of Devils fans won't. We don't have a history of a team that others can take liberties with, and I don't believe we will this season. One tough Cookie of a forward now and this team will be the envy of everyone if they are honest. A Rosehill type signing and then let the other pretenders worry about us.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS
I'm not convinced we were pipped at the post by Clan for Rosehill like Simms and others are suggesting.
Ulmer confirmed that he'd been speaking with Lord since last week and a deal was done pretty quickly. Both he and Rosehill are non-EU passport holders so we could only sign one.

My guess is that Rosehill was being touted around by his agent to lots of teams in Europe, and Lord made some enquiries. Rosehill wanted big wages though whilst Lord wanted to use his final big budget contract on a big scorer. So whilst Lord was tying up a deal with Ulmer, Rosehill's agent went back to Clan and said "Hey, Cardiff want to sign my player too. You going to up your offer and do or deal or lose him to a rival?"
So Finnerty pays the big bucks and then tells Simms he stole a player from under Cardiff's noses.

jimmy snels

Im starting to wonder if clarkson whos at telford is not such a bad call. Looking through whos available with euro passport its a tad thin on the ground for someone to even hang with heavyweights :shock: im seriously struggling to come up with even a decent option unless some players aren't showing duel national on elite prospects

Wannabe2

Finny said:
Wannabe2 said:
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS
I'm not convinced we were pipped at the post by Clan for Rosehill like Simms and others are suggesting.
Ulmer confirmed that he'd been speaking with Lord since last week and a deal was done pretty quickly. Both he and Rosehill are non-EU passport holders so we could only sign one.

My guess is that Rosehill was being touted around by his agent to lots of teams in Europe, and Lord made some enquiries. Rosehill wanted big wages though whilst Lord wanted to use his final big budget contract on a big scorer. So whilst Lord was tying up a deal with Ulmer, Rosehill's agent went back to Clan and said "Hey, Cardiff want to sign my player too. You going to up your offer and do or deal or lose him to a rival?"
So Finnerty pays the big bucks and then tells Simms he stole a player from under Cardiff's noses.
Still think we will have a tough cookie up front.

Wannabe2

jimmy snels said:
Im starting to wonder if clarkson whos at telford is not such a bad call. Looking through whos available with euro passport its a tad thin on the ground for someone to even hang with heavyweights :shock: im seriously struggling to come up with even a decent option unless some players aren't showing duel national on elite prospects
Think that's a Defo no no, Doug is too nice a guy to hang with heavies, love him to bits as a man, but that nasty streak don't exist.

jimmy snels

Wannabe2 said:
jimmy snels said:
Think that's a Defo no no, Doug is too nice a guy to hang with heavies, love him to bits as a man, but that nasty streak don't exist.
Agree but you try and find a big bloke whos a forward which is also a euro. I was critical of clarkson for exactly what you said. But i think our recruitment has left us a tad short of options.

terry hunt

I know its tongue in cheek Finny but please dont mention Deeds again a shiver went down my

back when his name came up.

Perhaps some of the regular GB supporters who see a lot of europeans can come up with a name.

Does anyone know a "Herminator" or a Russian hood perhaps we need to ask Max for some

suggestions he was a pretty tough cookie.

As a last resort we could go for Nicky Chinn or Perry Doyle he was no great fighter but good at

getting fighters thrown out of games.

Rempel16

Well based on budget at pure guess work I'm starting to think there's a couple of options from the league last year that wouldn't so much fit the toughness that I personally believe is still needed, but could certainly fill a forechecking role:

Derek Roehl
Darryl Lloyd ???

I actually think a fit Deeds could round this team off well... He's got a nasty streak, he's protective of his team and balls of steel, that's a crazy enough suggestion that it just might work...

I think Szwez would be a bit out of budget as would Dalhuisen.

terry hunt said:
As a last resort we could go for Nicky Chinn or Perry Doyle he was no great fighter but good at getting fighters thrown out of games.
You are joking, right?

Still don't think we need a heavyweight. Our boys are big and brave enough to take a few hits here and there and we have players who can mix it up when required. We won't get 'beaten up' every game like some are suggesting.. Braehead were just as tough last year and I don't recall them giving us anything to worry about, nor Janssen who missed just as many hits as he made and was generally well behaved.

We are too disciplined under Lord to get dragged in to drama and we'll do our talking on the scoreboard. I expect our final signing to be a 3rd line player who can skate to the net and hold his own in the corners. We will be fine.

Have Hope#35

I would hate to see Lloyd on our Roster... As for Deeds, he could do a job but only if he didn't take the dumb suspensions! I'd still prefer a young unknown powerhouse over a proven power forward who's only average at his role. With Szwez ageing would he maybe accept a role on a third line... Imagine a line of Lord, Myers & Szwez.

Devil94

Lloyd I would like in my team as he gives a 100% every shift and nails everyone that moves.
The only bad thing is he will course some crap and someone will have to protect him every night and again we ain't got that protection just yet as we need the players we have on the ice.

I would definately consider him though

bb1

Rabbitohs4 said:
Lloyd I would like in my team as he gives a 100% every shift and nails everyone that moves.
The only bad thing is he will course some crap and someone will have to protect him every night and again we ain't got that protection just yet as we need the players we have on the ice.

I would definately consider him though
Anybody that wouldn't want Lloyd is crazy....we all hate him for the Giants because......he's been THE BEST at his job/role year in year out. Horrible to play against but just what we need.

Work rate through the roof! To be honest an upgrade on Hervato (who was also superb).

I think Lloyd is a shithouse and would be gutted to see him in a Devils shirt. I've never once seen him answer the call after throwing one of his trademark late hits.Without the protection that Keffe gave him I suspect we will see an average player.Not for me thank you.

However Todd had just said we may start with what we have or there is a possibility we will look at Ben if he's available and doesn't go to the Coast.

It really looks like the team are looking in a diferent direction to many who post on here.

Intereating times.