2016/2017 Rumours & Offseason Random Shenanigans

Have Hope#35

Devil_Abroad said:
jenks33 said:
So Simmsy pretty much confirmed on his Periscope that we've signed Brine. He's been wrong plenty of times before though
Eliteprospects have him signed for someone in March? Doesn't look to be a fighter - more a shut down centre for a checking line.

Guess the guys think we're tough enough already.

The team looks to have 4 solid lines.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
He was told he wasn't going to be offered a New Contract in March... That's when his status on Elite Prospects changed... A week or two ago his agency updated his listing to UK (TBC). I wouldn't be disappointed if it is him!

Finny

After watching it to the end, someone asks where Brine is going and Simms asks who has previously coached him.
So as was mentioned earlier, Simmsy is pretty certain it is Brine. And due to the link with Thommo you would assume it's more accurate than anything else he has said.

Mooney#16

Finny said:
Mooney#16 said:
If we're talking about a Herv replacement

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=15566

Career taken a hit last two years. Maybe would want to take a pay hit to get it back on the rise.
I'm not sure playing in the DEL can be seen as "taken a hit" :?
Granted I'll give you that. It was more about the direction his career is heading. He was at a PPG ave of .68 from his AHL career. He even went for .30 in the show. To have barely played previous year. Assume injured and returned the the DEL at a .44 with only 7 goals he hardly lit up the league so who's to say you couldn't have sold a year in the EIHL to him to find his scoring touch.

august04

Brine would be a great EU signing, much better than I was expecting. I still wish we'd balanced the line up with more toughness though, which I think we might regret. Perhaps as the season pans out, this will be addressed if we're getting knocked around.

voth26

If we have signed this guy, I think it's more for his EU passport. I think we might regret not having a big tough forward who will step up and drop the gloves as and when needed. For me we seem to be have a lot of point scorers and playmakers, but apart from Louis and Batchy and possibly Hotham we seem light in toughness at the front end. Just my thoughts

Devil_Abroad

Re: 2016/2017 Rumours & Offseason Random Shenanigans

Interestingly Gareth Chalmers follows Brine and he follows him - maybe Clan bound?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ASHIPP

Devil_Abroad said:
Interestingly Gareth Chalmers follows Brine and he follows him - maybe Clan bound?

Chalmers used to be a sport agent for a lot of hockey players in Europe until he joined Clan staff.

If it is true about Brine, I think it is a great move by the Devils...again if it is true. He would be a big upgrade on Hervato who worked his socks off for us. I have thought long and hard on this and I have started to change my mind in signing a big tough role playing winger.

This leage is getting quicker and only mobile skaters will be able to live with it. The likes of Fitzgerald and Nickerson will not be around for long and I think they will be a liability very soon for their respective clubs. We have almost complete our roster and I believe it's going to be just too quick and potent for many. For the first time the squeelers will face a Devils side built too win in Sheffield. This is a pivotal season in the league. It will always have a tough NA style, but it is veering towards a quick and slick european style, the Pittsburgh effect. Our new barn has dictated that.

Famous last words I know!! Lol :DWD

Devil_Abroad

purple_army10 said:
Devil_Abroad said:

Usually rules Clan out if Gareth/Finnerty etc start following someone.
lol

Devil_Abroad

Hey Steve, hope the holiday is going well. Just touching base with you before you head back regarding a couple of rumours going around. Have you seen them? One a EU player with Croatian passport in the mould of Russell as a defensive centre - our friend Mr Simms leaning towards him as a player coached (though shortly) by his friend Thompson. And the other, well........ fans wanted a BIG fighter - but that would mean carrying an extra import although he hasn't played much last 2 years so he'd be rested most often I guess ready to take on Clan and Panthers.

All this whilst you're away :-O Maybe you left the cheque book behind? :)

Devil May Care said:
If it is true about Brine, I think it is a great move by the Devils...again if it is true. He would be a big upgrade on Hervato who worked his socks off for us. I have thought long and hard on this and I have started to change my mind in signing a big tough role playing winger.

This leage is getting quicker and only mobile skaters will be able to live with it. The likes of Fitzgerald and Nickerson will not be around for long and I think they will be a liability very soon for their respective clubs. We have almost complete our roster and I believe it's going to be just too quick and potent for many. For the first time the squeelers will face a Devils side built too win in Sheffield. This is a pivotal season in the league. It will always have a tough NA style, but it is veering towards a quick and slick european style, the Pittsburgh effect. Our new barn has dictated that.

Famous last words I know!! Lol :DWD
+1

Looking round at the usual agent and database sites over the past few weeks, Brine has seemed to have been the guy that ticked the most boxes.
The one he didnt tick was real toughness, but then only the fans have been talking about that, the management and ownership have, if anything, played it down.

Personally I doubted we would sign him, as I was looking for a direct Hervato replacemebt, but if it's true it looks a great signing and this squad looks top draw and while I am a bit suprised we haven't designed a squad with a very physical winger, I think we have flexibility with Louis and Batch to switch to wing at times to fill that role if necesssary and of we do sign Brine, it looks like that may what Lord has in mind.

If it is Brine I would be very impressed.

ASHIPP

From other forums this week:

Brock Trotter to the Panthers

Mike Banwell to the Clan

Shane Owen (G), John Kurtz and Bobby Chaumont to Fife.....include Ben Davies as the latest rumour there!