2016/2017 Rumours & Offseason Random Shenanigans

Ocko

I think Lord already has someone lined up, probably already signed. He doesn't give much away but when he avoids a question there's usually something going on.

Jonesy83

Having seen the interview with Lordo on icetime tv, where he's asked about the team being tough enough, he mentions that up until a few weeks ago they had a certain player pretty much nailed on to come in but the player then decided not to come. I'd love to know who that was as he says its not who everyone thought it was, which I assume was Rosehill.

jimmy snels

Another good signing on paper. Absolutely stacks of goals in our team surely? My concern is balance. I cant help but think we could have accompanied all this skill with a tougher aspect in our forwards. Myres haddad lord are all very similar and i wonder if we could have brought more presence to our forwards to match up better to them? Our skill forwards are going to be hit A LOT by some teams i just hope we can cope with it

That being said, I don't recall the likes of Martin, douc, mo et al being hit a lot last season. Yes, there was the odd occasion against the Panthers and the valabik doucet incident but I didn't think it happened too much

Wannabe2

Gospel said:
Finny said:
Gospel said:
I would like to see the new signing as being a tough guy, not an out and out toughie but someone who can play a bit to.

There will be a time when a fight in games will be necessary, whether its because of what an opposing player has done, whether its because we need a spark or simply laying down a marker.

If we are going to rely on Batchy & Louis then this will be a long season.

You can have as much skill as you like but the good teams will be able to stop you and when they do you have to have a different option. I don't see we have that right now.
Did Sheffield have a different option last season?
All I can remember is them having 3 solid lines of scoring.

Well they won the league, dug results out when they mattered, got the dirty play done and had the tools for all occasions. I think that says it all. Last season we didn't have all of the tools and I don't we will this season either. In fact I think we will be lucky to finish top 3. I hope im wrong though.
God you are hysterical, lucky to be top 3, that's so so funny.

Re: 2016/2017 Rumours & Offseason Random Shenanigans

Devil94 said:
Anyone aware of an open training session like we had last year? Would be good to see the new guys on the ice before the first game.
I tweeted the club a couple of weeks ago asking if they were doing one but I didn't get a reply. You would have thought if they were doing one it would be this Wednesday but it is probably to late of notice to announce it now. If they don't do one it will be a shame I missed last years and really wanted to go to it this year.

Devil_Abroad

My guess would be he is a friend of Mathieu Roy (follows on Twitter) and is therefore flying in to watch the Steelers in a CHL game. Simms likes to be mischievous just like Todd

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Devil_Abroad

Played with Roy in Florida in 2008/09 - surely Simms having fun with everyone

as per my usual request this time of year.

can someone (whoever normally does this great post) post a short write up about the tough guys from each team, so we know who to look out for and what they will be up too, and maybe who they might be after.

always a great read, and gets me pumped for the season, if i'm not already.
Thanks in advance

Devil_Abroad

Not sure Martin has made up his mind yet - waiting for all teams to complete their rosters

ASHIPP

Would David Brine be classed as a European player because he plays for Croatia? Would that still allow the Devils to sign another North American import? Would they be carrying a spare import?

There is a rumour this player has signed in the League. Wow, if he went to Giannts they will be loaded with toughness and size - Keefe, Nickerson and Martinelli.

Flyers and Capitals still looking to add that element to their rosters.

Devil94

ASHIPP said:
Would David Brine be classed as a European player because he plays for Croatia? Would that still allow the Devils to sign another North American import? Would they be carrying a spare import?

There is a rumour this player has signed in the League. Wow, if he went to Giannts they will be loaded with toughness and size - Keefe, Nickerson and Martinelli.

Flyers and Capitals still looking to add that element to their rosters.
He does count as an European, but we are already full on NA imports so another one would be carrying a spare.

If he does come to EIHL then surely we must be favourites. Sheffield full, Braehead and Belfast with enough size and toughness, cant see a player of the calibre going to the northern conference. Between us and Nottingham I'd say, (if he is coming over and we are looking at a spare)