Andrew Lord

Temme

Thread starter #1
Ok, so Lordo played on Saturday and got rocked with a big hit, driving up into his jaw.

He finished the game off but didn't ice at all on Sunday.

I'm not going to jump to conclusions and suggest they are linked but what are our thoughts on this?

A) picked up a knock and rested himself
B) Wanted to view from the sideline to see "more of the game"
C) Will be dropping back to the bench as no Franny on the bench(?)
D) Another player has been signed and Lordo will be sitting
E) He has picked up a La Costa style concussion pre-season (Lord has a history of concussions...)

Foxy

Thought it was said last week that he wouldnt play on sunday...... cant remember where i read that though

terry hunt

I dont think Franny was at either game no offence to Franny but the team seemed to run like

clockwork with Lordo on the Banch.

I hope he is OK we will probably need him as the season progresses.

Pretty sure Francis was sat at the back of block 10 in the first period watching from there (unless my eyes failed me... either way, it was someone in a suit!)

Devil94

Franny was at both games, was sitting in the stands. Maybe because he had been on holiday all week and hadn't taken part in the first week of training, he didn't want to interfere with Lord and Elson who had trained with them all week? Just my guess.

Or maybe if someone else is coming in, Lord wanted some more experience behind the bench if he'll be sitting out a couple of games and behind the bench more often?

Temme

Thread starter #6
Pickett said:
Pretty sure Francis was sat at the back of block 10 in the first period watching from there (unless my eyes failed me... either way, it was someone in a suit!)

Yeah we saw Franny there in plain clothes, just a little confused that was all as to why?

If Lord was always sitting out the Sunday then that's great, but I didn't know about that!

He took a very heavy hit on Saturday and just hope that the two aren't related.

Ocko

If he had any sort of concussion symptoms I doubt he'd be on the bench, he'd be at home seeing stars.

Probably just good to see a different perspective and analyse the lines. Although it may become a more regular thing when/if we get another player.

Franny was there, suited and booted. Our guess was he was watching from a higher vantage point. This is quite normal in sport to get a different perspective of the action. Also a good way of getting to see the players in action if he's not really seen them. I remember Mark Louis saying Franny made contact with him originally so I'd guess still an integeral part of the management team.

The check on Lord happened right in front of us it was a heavy contact, shoulder to shoulder, didn't look any worse than that to me.

I'm sure I could see Franny making notes throughout both games so maybe it was just a chance to watch the team and also the Zagreb team from a better view point than the bench

Devil_Abroad

During the second period was struck on his hand whilst blocking a low shot - was in severe pain for the remainder of the shift but kept playing for the rest of the game. Probably sat out Sunday due to severe bruising.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ASHIPP

Article on website suggests Andrew didn't play in order to get a perspective of the team. However, having sustained a heavy hand/arm contact the previous night, wouldn't be surprised if this was to rest him anyway and not take risks.

On Saturday night, Franny had literally just returned from his vacation immediately before the game! Last night's note taking from the stands is routine procedure for coaching in this sport. Read his interview on the Inferno - he is still our Bench Coach this season with an important role in coaching and recruitment.

Was good to see Lordo on the bench last night (not a negative) and the fact he wants to put the players in different lines and see how they adjust.

Loved the two games this weekend and seeing how much the guys have to offer after such a short time together.

For me Louis, Ulmer and Doucet all stood out but all had a great start :D

Spoke to Lord, he said he plans to Watch some of pre season from the bench as it " slows the game down" , so I would say, no story there....As for anything else and if he plans another player and more time on the bench... Let's see