Recent content by matbur

1. matbur

Challenge cup

No need for the Challenge Cup full stop. Format is painful and distracts from regular season. There are not enough teams to warrant having three separate trophies each season. I understand it generates revenue for the teams but just incorporate additional games into the regular season. Just an...
  2. matbur

Stanley Cup

Viaplay has all the games via their app
  3. matbur

Devils Vs Blaze - PO 1/4 Final - 9th April 23 - 18:00 FO

Gotta love a few rumours over the off-season!
  4. matbur

Pretty certain Batch didn't play for rest of game, he was sat at back of bench.
  5. matbur

Louis waving goodbye at the end???
  6. matbur

Batch not iced since that goal. Horrendous play. These two games have been microcosm of our entire season.
  7. matbur

Blaze Vs Devils - PO 1/4 Final - 8th April 23 - 19:00 FO

In fairness, Holsa did make two or three good saves on the 5-on-3 to deny us a PPG and if they had capitalised on that, then it would've looked a bit better. I felt that the important thing was to get that fifth goal and put that distance between us and Coventry, and they still found a way to do...
  8. matbur

Blaze Vs Devils - PO 1/4 Final - 8th April 23 - 19:00 FO

I think a combination of the poor performance at Blaze a week ago, along with a real deliberate increase in intensity caught Coventry by surprise, and the Devils were very good. A bit concerning when they fell behind without facing much pressure, but the Devils clearly responded. Every player...
  9. matbur

JD - Appointed Commercial Manager

Don't know if he posts here but good luck!
  10. matbur

Dundees new Coach

Hope he can improve them, the league needs the Scottish teams to be more competitive.
  11. matbur

Blaze Vs Devils - League - 1st April 23 - 19:00 FO

A year to the week since taking over, Dupont might need another Play-Off title to silence critics https://www.dai-sport.com/duponts-devils-target-play-offs-to-finish-inconsistent-campaign-on-a-high/
  12. matbur

Belfast Haven't Broken the EIHL Roster Rules......because...

Until the league and clubs provide more transparency and clarity over roster movement and rules, teams will naturally expose any grey areas for their own gain. If the above post is right, the issue is with the league and not Belfast.
  13. matbur

I'm not so sure it is as clear cut as the owners indicated. The owners weren't going to criticise or speculate about an employee in a public forum. I've mentioned this previously, but if the fans are seeing issues with how the team is functioning and performing, then the owners sure as hell...
  14. matbur

Cox and Sanford restore a bit of pride but sounds like it's been a poor night. Since getting a shutout, Kozun has been benched twice.
  15. matbur

Mike MacWilliam - A gent and pure class

As a Devil's and Isles fan, I must say, this is brilliant! What a nice guy.