Recent content by matbur

1. matbur

BBC Tonight

Thought the programme was really enjoyable and good exposure for the Devils. Lord bought it into the fun and the team came out of it really well.
  2. matbur

Play off tickets

It's only £5 and the teams/league are essentially businesses trying to make ends meet and grow, but the idea of adding on unannounced additional charges is nothing short of disgusting. It's just not the Devils/EIHL who do this sort of thing of course, it is just an example of how downtrodden and...
  3. matbur

Bristol arena

It's not even in question, it's not happening.
  4. matbur

Brand new NHL Jerseys for sale . £35 each.

Are these authentic or copies? How much for Ducks XL?
  5. matbur

Devils Vs Giants - 23/24 Nov 19 - League

Yeah, of course. Frustration is an understatement right now, I feel it and but let's not rip ourselves apart by heightening the tension and adding to the problem(s). It's counter productive for where we are as a team right now and for where we need to get to.
  6. matbur

Bristol arena

I'm from Swansea and the 3,500 arena is definitely going ahead and work has already started on the site, but there won't be an ice-rink here. It wouldn't be cost effective and there wouldn't be enough interest to make a professional team remotely sustainable. Another point, if fans are...
  7. matbur

Devils Vs Giants - 23/24 Nov 19 - League

They probably need a good brawl in training tbh. Get a few home truths across, clear the air a bit and regroup with a bit of steel. It's not a clear cut situation and there's not one particular reason why things aren't clicking. It's complicated but we aren't entitled to win every game we play...
  8. matbur

Team Canada

When are Team Canada announcing their squad? They aren't going to play NHL players mid-season are they?
  9. matbur

Sheldon Keefe

Just thinking would Sheldon Keefe have been Sam Jardine's coach at the Marlies then?
  10. matbur

Devils Vs Flyers - 17 Nov 19 - League

Anyone seen our first line?
  11. matbur

Clan Vs Devils - 13 Nov 19 - League

Looking forward to tonight's game, Clan coming off a big defeat and intrigued to see how the Devils set themselves up following Lord's comments about playing physical hockey.
  12. matbur

Devils v Flames

That's a great post above. Also interesting to hear Lord suggesting that the fanbase wants his head. He sounded particularly deflated tonight.
  13. matbur

Flyers v Devils

Have written a few words on my blog about the Devils current situation if anyone is interested: https://bit.ly/2PHwCjG Little bit worried about tonight, guessing the mood and confidence in the camp is pretty low, this game is going to be tougher for the Devils than it looks on paper.
  14. matbur

Devils v Blaze - Challenge Cup 30/10

Two very soft goals, probably typifies where the team are at in terms of confidence and performance level right now. Need to dig it out now.
  15. matbur

Devils v Flames - Challenge Cup 26/10

I'm not one for instant reactions off the back of one game, but I think it's fair to say now that on the basis of the season so far, we are looking weaker defensively. Not sure what the answer is. 77, I think, is struggling to adapt to the size of the ice here but there's a good player in there...