Devils Vs Blaze - PO 1/4 Final - 9th April 23 - 18:00 FO

jenks33

Frustrating and stressful evening but at least we got there in the end. It was never going to be an easy night, Coventry have been a pain in the arse to play against all season. I thought Bowns was our best player and he will have to be our best player next weekend for us to have a chance. If only we had a powerplay eh? A powerplay goal on one of those 3 pp chances we had in the first 2 periods and it would have relieved a lot of pressure.

ASHIPP

That was horrible to watch. Blaze were by far the better team, they were just unfortunate they had a big deficit to make up.
Our Team got there purely because of last night, catching Blaze off guard by a very strong start.
If Rajna had been in goal for Blaze last night, it could have been a completely different situation bearing in mind how good he was tonight.

Our final home game just exposed and underscored weaknesses that have been the signature of our Team all season...dire, pedestrian pp and stray passes. Noticeable how many face offs the Devils lost tonight too.

Let's hope they can sharpen up with a week of preparation before next weekend.

Hedd Wyn John

Our Team got there got there purely because of last night, catching Blaze off guard by a very strong start.
If Rajna had been in goal for Blaze last night, it could have been a completely different situation bearing in mind how good he was tonight.

Our final home game just exposed and underscored weaknesses that have been the signature of our Team all season...dire, pedestrian pp and stray passes. Noticeable how many face offs the Devils lost tonight too.

Let's hope they can sharpen up with a week of preparation before next weekend.
No two ways about it, if they don't improve significantly by next week they'll be comfortably beaten.

kristian

We done what we needed to do.
A bit of puck.luck and we would have had a few tonight.
Right season over hopefully 2 more a meaningful games. Time to put this season to bed and get behind the team next weekend.

kristian

I'm now fully expecting them to fluke their way to the final and for the majority of the team and coaching staff to stick around. Then we can expect another season of despair.
It really is time to just get behind them for 1 more Weekend then we can dissect the season

kingmo19.1

Glad we won, but oh dear that was crap tonight!

Josh Batch, you might want to consider hanging them up or dropping down to NIHL for a season to get your confidence back.

Hedd Wyn John

I'm now fully expecting them to fluke their way to the final and for the majority of the team and coaching staff to stick around. Then we can expect another season of despair.
We pulled it off once before but twiceon the bounce? Yes, stranger things have happened but luck runs out in the end.

That was horrible to watch. Blaze were by far the better team, they were just unfortunate they had a big deficit to make up.
They must be kicking themselves if they didn't have to claw back 4 goals they would have gone through,they have a cracking season never gave up.We were poor never looked like scoring just glad to see end of this season and this team ,next week is a lottery on who wins it.

Earnie

That was a struggle to watch but we did the business. Well done guys.
Day off tomorrow to rest weary bruised bones then concentrate on power play training Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday please!

Main job was to beat the Blaze over two games, so we have ticked that box.

However, tonight was abysmal. Its good that Bowns was on his game as the Blaze could have easily pulled that game back tonight. I still can't work out what we are trying to do at any point, bar walk the puck into the net.

The PP is beyond. SHOOT. THE. PUCK.

Let's hope they come our firing next weekend.

Going into last night’s game, I wasn’t expecting that performance by the Devils or the result. With the bulk of the heavy lifting done by last night, I went to tonight’s game looking for more of the feisty hit anything that moves, hit and run hockey, but credit Blaze tonight they outplayed us for 58 minutes, and the only reason we scored was due to an empty net. We could have been still out there now and would have struggled to score with the Blaze half way up the M50.

OK, the boys managed to limp across the line, but our tactics are woeful. When you have a healthy lead in a two leg match, why in the name of all that is holy, would you constantly dump the puck when under zero pressure, with zero chase - All it does, and did repeatedly tonight, was simply inviting the Blaze to send up defence splitting passes to bisect our defence - thankfully Bowns was on form, but Bowns was really sold down the river for the second Blaze goal. I have no idea what Batch was trying to do, and I don’t think I’m the only one. I thought Batch deserved being benched for the rest of the second period, but when I didn’t see him play during the third, I think BD was being naive as a team coach and simply labouring a poor piece of play by Batch. Make your point by all means, but Batch wasn’t the only player to make mistakes, and that was poor coaching imo.

To be honest, I haven’t been impressed with BD this season, I know he’s a rookie coach, but even so, the tactics are wore fully inept, and he doesn’t seem to have worked out what is wrong with the Powerplay even though he’s had months to look at improving it - it’s been awful for several months. The buck stops somewhere in a results business. I have genuine fears for what the Devils can hope to achieve next season, if the powers that be decide to stick with BD as head coach. I also don’t see what Horn brings to the table. Two coaches salaries with a somewhat poor return on investment.

Really hopeful the Devils can come together for next Saturday evening against the Steelers, but if tonight’s team/effort levels are duplicated then I can’t see the Devils making it to the Playoff final on Sunday.

Glad we won, but oh dear that was crap tonight!

Josh Batch, you might want to consider hanging them up or dropping down to NIHL for a season to get your confidence back.
Batch imho deserved to be benched for the rest of the second period after his howler - help give him time to get his head back in the game, but Batch wasn’t the only player making mistakes, so benching Batch for the third was simply labouring an unnecessary point by BD.