Blaze Vs Devils - League - 1st April 23 - 19:00 FO

Rempel16

Based on the number of posts on this thread I thought we’d come back and won……..
I haven’t even bothered to get involved this time, such is my apathy towards this team.

Boring, non-committal, no intensity, passionless, directionless, lack of accountability, lack of execution.

That about covers it and has done for all bar 5 games (max) this season.

Just get next weekend over with already so we can forget this season. The Blaze deserve their shot more than we do.

Ejercito Rojas

I think it’s called apathy. Most just want this awful season to end now.
Totally agree with your sentiments.
I pretty much gave up commenting on the games a few weeks ago as I left one game during the second interval (I think it was the home defeat to Nothingham) and haven’t been back watch a game since as it was just putting me in a negative headspace!
Like a few on here I’ve seen a few games on viaplay or webcast (at least you can turn them off) since then but I actually couldn’t wait for this season to end so I ended the season myself as it were.

The writing has been on the wall since last season but the club either couldn’t or more likely wouldn’t read it and this season has been a continued downward spiral of shambolic PP’s, abject performances and poor entertainment value.
But alas it’s all be said before many many times by many many people and I for one have had enough and drawn a line in the sand, enough is enough!

It absolutely gives me no pleasure to say that after 35 yrs, mostly as a an ST holder I will not be renewing until I have seen the roster for next year and if it’s just tweaked with 3or4 additions then I will call it a day!

I said after last season that the roster was so flawed it needed a rebuild but the club said no just a new coach a couple of key players would be enough so I had faith and hoped they were right.
However, keeping faith and having hope is NOT a strategy to take an organisation forward!

Pembo

Just saw the highlights, for goals 1 and 4, our goaltending just isn’t good enough. Kozun must wonder what he has to do to get the nod.
We were stood by glass at wrong end for getting good view of the Cov goals. Anyone got a link to highlights? I’ve come up dry on YouTube! Sticking with the keeper on form served us well in business end last season. Seems like Bownsy has the GK1 regardless of form at the moment, seems a little mystifying with TK‘s numbers and I got impression they wouldnt be formal number one this season. Could be some other factors we’re not aware of.

ASHIPP

Just saw the highlights, for goals 1 and 4, our goaltending just isn’t good enough. Kozun must wonder what he has to do to get the nod.
Here's a goalie who is statistically one of the best in the League this season, has had a few shutouts, is popular with the fans and the team play a tighter, more measured style with him in nets. Surely he deserves more games than he's had.

august04 2.0

Here's a goalie who is statistically one of the best in the League this season, has had a few shutouts, is popular with the fans and the team play a tighter, more measured style with him in nets. Surely he deserves more games than he's had.
If my job as coach was on the line, no way would I be starting Bowns over Kozun in the playoffs. Makes you wonder if DuPont has already been given the coaching gig next year?

kettdevil1

Agree with the 4th but that's harsh for the first. Dudek's flick of his eyes to the right was a thing of beauty and I am sure I was not the only one who fell for it. The second didn't look great but might have taken a deflection?

The basic point is that we didn't lose last night because of goaltending, we lost because of lamentable forechecking by far too many forwards and a worryingly low level of compete after the first period.

E.D.S.

Goal 4 is the only one for me that Bowns would want back. Great 1st goal, completely screened for the 2nd and great hand eye coordination for the 3rd. The issue with the 4th for me is our woeful powerplay. Lazy, lacking ideas and open to shorthanded goals. It's been that way all season and what have the coaches done about it??

moggy#9

A year to the week since taking over, Dupont might need another Play-Off title to silence critics

https://www.dai-sport.com/duponts-devils-target-play-offs-to-finish-inconsistent-campaign-on-a-high/
Whether the devils were to win the play offs or not, which I feel is unlikely, it does nothing to resolve the problems this season has exposed. I felt his appointment was a mistake, and training him on the basis of the shortest competition in the calendar would be compounding that.