Belfast Haven't Broken the EIHL Roster Rules......because...

I do. And I asked the question about this and other matters within the league to the league, including the Keefe incident at the Sheffield match. Like some on here, i have received no response. That proves nor disproves anything. Just that the league are at times ignorant to its fan base. i also emailed the Giants office. Again no response How many of you have emailed the Devils office, or asked Todd the question at a recent Q&A event.? Or is at as Finny responded, "Nothing to do with Todd why would I mail him"
Thanks for the reply - I do appreciate it. If your goal really is to get to the bottom of this and clear your team's name, might I suggest having a re-read of your posts? They really do come across as trying to sweep things under the rug.

Yeah, I'm going to have to stick with Finny on this one - I'm not sure what you think would happen exactly? Who at the Devil's office would be equipped to make any comment at all on whether the Giants broke the rules? And while I applaud your contacting the Giants, you're only ever going to get "no, we didn't cheat" or nothing, regardless of what happened.

The only place where a response might be possible is at a league organizational level, and I've used (I think) four different avenues to contact them.

As it stands, the season is tainted. Either Giants won fair and square and their fans don't deserve to be tarnished with the doubt the league's inaction placed on them; or Guildford missed out on a truly triumphant season because an already advantaged team took liberties with the rules. Either way, people have been wronged and it weakens the league, in my eyes.

Earnie

The Giants won the League with the best team without a doubt.
Guilford we’re leaders for most of the season so all credit to them for a gallant effort to the bitter end.
Joe above has the right word - tainted.
Wage cap - too many talented imports coming and going - chucking last game v Dundee all smell of smart operator and tainted methods. In all probability nothing illegal about any of it. Will they get the triple we denied them last season? I think so.

By our expected standards we have had a poor season. Not disastrous but not what we have become accustomed to . Here is hoping for some fresh and serious plans for next season. Will I be renewing my season ticket? Yes - in fact already done so.

matbur

Until the league and clubs provide more transparency and clarity over roster movement and rules, teams will naturally expose any grey areas for their own gain. If the above post is right, the issue is with the league and not Belfast.