Devils Vs Blaze - PO 1/4 Final - 9th April 23 - 18:00 FO

Kevlar68

Did we qualify for the playoffs tonight ? You would’nt think so on here !!!
We were poor in the CC, we've been poor, boring and inconsistent most of the season and i think that the reason no one has got excited is that we've only qualified for playoff weekend, we haven't won anything yet and still have 2 hurdles to go before we could really celebrate.
It would be like celebrating that we won't be in 5th place out of the playoff teams.
If i'm being honest myself and i think quite a few of the fans aren't convinced that this Devils side can win the playoffs BUT i'd love to be proved wrong and i would be the first to admit i was wrong.

Last edited:

Wannabe2

We were poor in the CC, we've been poor, boring and inconsistent most of the season and i think that the reason no one has got excited is that we've only qualified for playoff weekend, we haven't won anything yet and still have 2 hurdles to go before we could really celebrate.
It would be like celebrating that we won't be in 5th place out of the playoff teams.
If i'm being honest myself and i think quite a few of the fans aren't convinced that this Devils side can win the playoffs BUT i'd love to proved wrong and i would be the first to admit i was wrong.
This team are so baffling it’s untrue, we have a team that can, and have beaten every other team in the league but that same team can lose to every team. When we are good we can be sublime, but god when we are bad we can be shambolic. It wouldn’t surprise me one bit if we won the play offs, but by the same token I wouldn’t be surprised to go out in the semis. I truly believe we are the only team that can stop Belfast winning the grand slam, but it will all come out in the wash this weekend. So I won’t be there but I wish all the Devils fans and players the best weekend ever, and hopefully come Sunday it’s truly Happy Hockey Days.

Swarley

This team are so baffling it’s untrue, we have a team that can, and have beaten every other team in the league but that same team can lose to every team. When we are good we can be sublime, but god when we are bad we can be shambolic. It wouldn’t surprise me one bit if we won the play offs, but by the same token I wouldn’t be surprised to go out in the semis. I truly believe we are the only team that can stop Belfast winning the grand slam, but it will all come out in the wash this weekend. So I won’t be there but I wish all the Devils fans and players the best weekend ever, and hopefully come Sunday it’s truly Happy Hockey Days.

Honestly not expecting to get past Sheffield and then have to hear it all off season about how Sheffield beat us.

I've never seen so much talent and skill be so directionless majority of the season, if what I've heard is true next season will be a hell of a shake up.

Rumors I've hears so far which I take with a giant pinch of salt are the following

Pete Russell in as head coach, Dupont demoted to assistant coach.

Horns gone

Bowns retiring after playoffs
Jardine going
Coughler retiring
Louis retiring
Waller off to Czech team
Cox and Sanford leaving *if Dupont remains as coach*
Kozun leaving
Brandt offered a contract elsewhere in the league and is considering it

These are all just hearsay I don't put any faith in these being true but if any of them are actually true it wouldn't shock me one bit.

moggy#9

Honestly not expecting to get past Sheffield and then have to hear it all off season about how Sheffield beat us.

I've never seen so much talent and skill be so directionless majority of the season, if what I've heard is true next season will be a hell of a shake up.

Rumors I've hears so far which I take with a giant pinch of salt are the following

Pete Russell in as head coach, Dupont demoted to assistant coach.

Horns gone

Bowns retiring after playoffs
Jardine going
Coughler retiring
Louis retiring
Waller off to Czech team
Cox and Sanford leaving *if Dupont remains as coach*
Kozun leaving
Brandt offered a contract elsewhere in the league and is considering it

These are all just hearsay I don't put any faith in these being true but if any of them are actually true it wouldn't shock me one bit.
I won't believe anything until it's authenticated by jenks' surveillance van. That said, I don't think it's possible to understate how pissed off the fan base would be if Brandt was allowed to go to a rival.

Kevlar68

I think we know that contracts really mean nothing in this league. We've seen players leave at the drop of a hat if they've wanted to leave, we've dropped players and players will go where there is a better contract, not many these days stay due to a strong bond.
They're not on major money so they have to go wherever is the best deal for them, the club can only do so much within their budget to keep players.

Swarley

I won't believe anything until it's authenticated by jenks' surveillance van. That said, I don't think it's possible to understate how pissed off the fan base would be if Brandt was allowed to go to a rival.
Out of all the rumours I've heard there is 4 of them I would be fuming at if they do indeed come true.

BostonBart22

Brandt is probably our lowest paid import, so don't blame him if rumour is true, , gutted if he went to a rival though...not to keen on Pete Russel we had him before and didn't set the world alight. As for waller going that be a bigger loss than brandt going, , the retiring few I can live with, just hope devils replace all who's going are replaced with better and hungry players to play for our badge . Gonna be a long summer.

Kevlar68

I'm hoping that the ones who are retiring aren't replaced with players with just one season left in them, we need to build for a run of a few seasons not one season at a time.
In saying that we have had a few outstanding end of career players signings but to go on a run of a few seasons in a row you need younger signings to build a strong bonding team.

Last edited:

kettdevil1

Brandt is probably our lowest paid import, so don't blame him if rumour is true, , gutted if he went to a rival though...not to keen on Pete Russel we had him before and didn't set the world alight. As for waller going that be a bigger loss than brandt going, , the retiring few I can live with, just hope devils replace all who's going are replaced with better and hungry players to play for our badge . Gonna be a long summer.
Bit harsh on PR for me - he looked after our juniors if I remember rightly and did a decent job. Since then he has done a good job with the Clan, been DEL2 coach of the year and is currently in the promotion game with his current DEL2 team. For me he is a respected, experienced and skilled coach.

voth26

I'd be pissed if Brandt did leave especially to another side in the league, we gave him his 1st pro contract and re-signed him this season so would expect a bit of loyalty. If he is the lowest paid import then do the decent thing and give him a rise Riley clearly likes Cardiff, he's a fan favourite and is definitely a Devil's type player

moggy#9

I'd be pissed if Brandt did leave especially to another side in the league, we gave him his 1st pro contract and re-signed him this season so would expect a bit of loyalty. If he is the lowest paid import then do the decent thing and give him a rise Riley clearly likes Cardiff, he's a fan favourite and is definitely a Devil's type player
While I wouldn't expect him to be a 30 goal scorer, he's the one player who will go through walls every night for the club. He must be kept.