Panthers v Devils - 08/01 - 7:00pm - League - Chat/Updates

TheStub

As it isn't in the match summary, how did the Panthers manage to take two too many men calls in a minute? Did they fancy just giving us a 5-on-3 to wrap up the game?

TheStub

I know. Sat visiting the inlaws shouting at my phone. But the fact they did it doesn't say how. :lol: Sack the bench coach

How were the refs? Seemed a lot of pens, players just not used to the standard?

cupcake said:
Congrats on another win seemingly well deserved going by various reports.

However, the post on MNL about the "pathetic Irish" was uncalled for and certainly a bit below the belt.

I understand the MNL is bias towards Devils and that's fair enough but to generalise and insult another team's fanbase in that manner is a new low imo.

Not too happy about that one.

Hmm as i was watching MNL I felt this was a very cheap shot especially after the coverage you got of the Devils last visit to Belfast :(

drainage

What a day what a result ....... to be fair seen us play better but we got the result in the end and had the pleasure of seeing the Panthers fans see us win :lol: :lol:

Was very nervous about this one but as the bloke in the Castle said we aint losing this one :lol:

jester said:
cupcake said:
Congrats on another win seemingly well deserved going by various reports.

However, the post on MNL about the "pathetic Irish" was uncalled for and certainly a bit below the belt.

I understand the MNL is bias towards Devils and that's fair enough but to generalise and insult another team's fanbase in that manner is a new low imo.

Not too happy about that one.

Hmm as i was watching MNL I felt this was a very cheap shot especially after the coverage you got of the Devils last visit to Belfast :(
Totally uncalled for and somewhat disgusting ! Thats the 1st time I have used MNL and if it resorts to comments like that it'l also be the last time.

tim78

Broken Machine said:
Was a Cheap shot and shouldn't have been posted by whoever.

Back to the main thread, WOW.

Like G said the night before they were going to come out quick, though nothing about fizziling out and then surging back! Well done.

Finny

I know MNL is supposed to be biased, but I agree the "pathetic irish" comment stepped over the line. The Inferno has got a good reputation as a forum where fans of all clubs can come and be welcomed, let's hope MNL does not damage that.

TheStub

One mis-guided comment in over 3 seasons. Well, we usually get complaints about our bias, but not usually targeted against other fans.

Not a bad average. Hopefully we wont be judged by one comment in thousands, and the quality of the rest.

Well, I said earlier in the thread I thought you'd win and you did!
That was a really good game to watch although the ref leaves a lot to be desired, some very strange calls / non calls on both sides.
I was in block 9 and saw Voth/Neilson fight, if you can call it that. I'm not Neilsons biggest fan! Voth pinned his head to the crossbar then gave him a great right hook, bet he had a headache after that but sadly it wont have knocked any sense into him!
Overall though, for a team that has such a long win streak, i've seen you play better, moments of greatness but not as great as I expected. Stupid penalties at the end cost us another overtime game i think.

TheStub said:
One mis-guided comment in over 3 seasons. Well, we usually get complaints about our bias, but not usually targeted against other fans.

Not a bad average. Hopefully we wont be judged by one comment in thousands, and the quality of the rest.
Oh, its only happened once. That's alright then ... :?

I apologise if it upset people but I stand by what I said.

Its is pathetic when fans basically post mesages pleading to other teams to help them out by beating the Devils. You win leagues and cups by your efforts not on the coat tails of others

As far as calling Giants fans Irish I thought British consisted of English, Scottish, Welsh and Irish if that is not the case I stand corrected.

As Merthyr Devils said I have referred to them in the past as our Celtic cousins so maybe they aren't.

OJ

tim78 said:
Was a Cheap shot and shouldn't have been posted by whoever.
I'm confused about how it "generalise[d] and insult[ed] another team's fanbase", outside of insulting solely the particular individuals it was aimed at, which fair enough was a tad uncalled for.

TheStub

Re: Re: Panthers v Devils - 08/01 - 7:00pm - League - Chat/Updat

Johnny Guitar said:
You win leagues and cups by your efforts not on the coat tails of others
We won't be rooting for the Caps tonight then ?
Not much point, Steelers have already won it.

Down to 4 imports and the remainder of the squad SNL guys making up numbers (no disrespect meant). The question is will Steelers beat our league scoring record.

I hope otherwise, as I never want Steelers to win ;)

For what it is worth, I was rooting for Giants Friday against the Devils interest. I can never bring myself to want Panthers to win :p

Wannabe2

Didnt make the trip last night, though i wish i had, and what a great result at a very hard place to win, 19 games now what a great team spirit we have. This team is really something else, try finding a weakness, it sure aint easy and probably does'nt exist. Hopefully 20 tonight, and hopefully a full house with loads of noise, and atmosphere. Well played lads we are all so very proud of you.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

Well we've been winning while playing very well for the most part, but last night could be a defining moment as we were so poor in certain areas and still managed to beat a talented team.

From what I've seen, that was comfortably our worst team performance since the run began and we still won! :D

Unfortunately both Weller and K Smith had probably their worst games for the Devils on the same night and Richardson was not great either. (Not getting on their back's they've been fantastic)

After we went 2-0 up we stopped doing the simple things well that have got us in this great position. Panthers are the one team you don't want to play a care-free game against and by doing that we gave a team lacking on confidence the boost they needed particularly in the second.

As well as G, I would add that Finnerty (along with his linemates) really dragged our team through when we were at our lowest point in the game.

Winning games when your playing badly is the mark of a championship winning team and that's why I think in a way this win should takes this teams' confidence levels up even further :D