Panthers v Devils - 08/01 - 7:00pm - League - Chat/Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Hey hey,

We'll be running Match Night Live! for this game from the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

OJ will be hosting this game and as always, he can be reached before/during the game at matchnightlive@gmail.com

Devils I guess will be missing Symonds through injury and possibly Davies whilst he decides where and who he wants to play for...

This will be only the 3rd game this season between the two teams with the series currently tied at 1-1, both games have taken place in the NIC though with the most recent being our 2-3 victory over them in Wellers first game :D

Hopefully the NIC hoodoo won't be coming back for this game and with the current Panthers form, hopefully we'll be finding our 19th straight victory of the season! Panthers though are not a team to be underrated...

Not sure who the officials are for this weekend yet, but hopefully it's someone good and we can avoid the red mist moments of previous Devils teams and play as we've been doing upto this point!

Skippy has uploaded a game preview of the game against the Panthers, check this out of the front page!

Just incase you've forgotten where that is... http://www.the-inferno.co.uk

Chris.

ASHIPP

Devils have a chance to put down a real marker with this game, as a precursor to the CC game on the 19th. Fit, composed and focused has been key to the Devils games so far and hopefully they can do the same again.
Panthers will have had a testing game against Belfast the previous evening - let's hope they are feeling the exhaustion.

Koop11

Massive game (they all seem to be now though). If we can win again in Nottingham this weekend, then we are sending another big message to the league that the Devils mean business this season. Make no mistake though, this will be a tough test for us. Nottingham are still arguably the most talented team on paper and if they have a good day they are going to be extremely hard to beat on home ice.

The small advantage we do have is that they have a huge game the night before against Belfast. I actually hope Nottingham win that but put everything into it so that we can really take advantage of our fresh legs the night after and hopefully take maximum points.

Skippy

ASHIPP said:
MacDonald didn't ice for Panthers over the weekend - no confirmation of an injury though.
They were without Ian McDonald, Angel Nikolov and Danny Meyers. Id also guess that Kowlaski isnt 100% still as well.

No idea what the issue is with either McDonald or Nikolov though ?

puckplz

Nikolov has a concussion, Mcdonald i believe was a healthy scratch (thank god) a lot of fans are not too impressed with him. On a good day we can beat you but honestly I don't see it happening yet, we are missing Danny real bad. Should be a good game though.

Skippy

Lair-dweller said:
Nikolov has a concussion, Mcdonald i believe was a healthy scratch (thank god) a lot of fans are not too impressed with him. On a good day we can beat you but honestly I don't see it happening yet, we are missing Danny real bad. Should be a good game though.
Thanks for that I failed to find anything while looking for it earlier :D

Sounds like both could be back then ? How long till Danny is back it feels like its been ages already?

Should be a great game either way.

Hopefully Danny will be back sooner rather than later but i'd rather he be 100% fit than come back to soon.
As for Penner, i'm not gonna get into that debate. More than him, i'm hoping to see an effect of getting Strachan in, I know it will take time but time is something we don't really have. By all accounts we seemed more settled last night, which is not real difficult.

Hopefully the Panthers will beat the Giants in an exhasuting match, then we will go onto win on the Saturday - and go top of the league :twisted:

That would be the perfect scenario... but this match won't be easy. I thought we played awesome last time we were there, and still it was only one penalty shot which seperated the teams.

They have a lot of offensive firepower, but a weakened D (Zion looking nowhere near like what he was last year, no Meyers, and a recovering K-Wall). Probably gunna be a close game.

Kevo

As a Panthers fan i obviously want my team to win the league. Im sure by now its looking highly unlikely as we all know. So if we lose this i really hope you guys win the league. Heres hoping for a good game saturday night.

ASHIPP

skippy said:
ASHIPP said:
MacDonald didn't ice for Panthers over the weekend - no confirmation of an injury though.
They were without Ian McDonald, Angel Nikolov and Danny Meyers. Id also guess that Kowlaski isnt 100% still as well.

No idea what the issue is with either McDonald or Nikolov though ?
Today, it's rumoured that MacDonald might be yet another player joining 'the Leavers Club' at Nottingham this season. :shock: Truth or fiction - all part of Planet Panthers!

Sliput

Lair-dweller said:
More than him, i'm hoping to see an effect of getting Strachan in, I know it will take time but time is something we don't really have. By all accounts we seemed more settled last night, which is not real difficult.
If Strachen has settled in quickly then the Panthers will play boring boring defensive hockey that will send us all to sleep.

One season of watching him in charge at another club nearly turned me away from hockey...but then i came to watch a couple of Devils games......7 years later, still here :D

Are any of my usual texters making the trip to Nottingham on Saturday? If you are text me.

At the moment the only confirmed texter is Chris S who has returned to the Lace City.

Other volunteers more than welcomed, PM me if you can help out.

OJ

drainage

Just called the NIC blocks 1 and 2 sold out had to get seats in 3 so looks like lots of Devils fans going or Panthers fans that know we are a good laugh and want to sit with us !!! :D :D

Just got off the phone and Block 3 is the away block and seems to be plenty of room as they offered me anywhere in it.

However I had to give all my details this time as my partner booked the tickets last time. They ask for enough information to successfully clone us both now.

Last time I booked tickets they managed to book them for the wrong game so I had to buy more then ring another company to get a refund.

So I was a bit wary today when I was asked three times which game I wanted tickets for. Then part way through the transaction he said excuse me a minute then just put me on hold!!!