Panthers v Devils - 08/01 - 7:00pm - League - Chat/Updates

Wannabe2

What a team, What a coach, What a club, What a Management, What a Great set of fans. What you reckon. This team and club are turning the clock back big time, i have been fortunate enough to have watched many many many great displays and great Devils teams, but HELLS BELLS this team are up there with the very best of them, and that is the greatest compliment they can receieve. Its now 19 games and hopefully after tomorrow 20 games unbeaten, and that really is untrue. The Devils fans at the moment are witnessing something very special, and its nothing more than what they deserve, and every Devils player will agree with that, this team play for the best fans in the land, and the best fans in the land come to watch the best team in the land. Thanks to every one of you guys, life is about enjoyment, and by god at the moment we are getting that in BUCKET LOADS.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

Congrats on another win seemingly well deserved going by various reports.

However, the post on MNL about the "pathetic Irish" was uncalled for and certainly a bit below the belt.

I understand the MNL is bias towards Devils and that's fair enough but to generalise and insult another team's fanbase in that manner is a new low imo.

Not too happy about that one.

I'm pretty sure he was only joking, he always refers to you and the Scottish teams as our Celtic Cousins, so he was joking about that fact that you were cheering for the Panthers over us.

PS. I love this team! :D

Merthyr Devil said:
I'm pretty sure he was only joking, he always refers to you and the Scottish teams as our Celtic Cousins, so he was joking about that fact that you were cheering for the Panthers over us.

PS. I love this team! :D
if it was a joke then I apologise for getting irritated by it - I was only nipping in and out of the coverage so I may have missed anything before and after.

and just for the record I think more people might have been wound up by being called Irish than pathetic but that's another story ;)

Ger-Devils

My damn battery died as soon as we scored that 5th!!!!!!

Lucky enough most at the ENL were tuned in to the game on MNL then you oculd hear everyone in the bar shout 6-5! :D

kettdevil1

Just back and all I can add is wooooooooooooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Wild game that somehow (and I am still not sure how) we found a way to win. We were battered in the second period and yet we came back in the third to show that this is a special group of players.

The GWG was a work of art. Panthers were on a PP, the puck breaks from our zone Clarke goes for it, snaps a stick and all of a sudden we have a 3 on 1 when we are shorthanded. Madness! If we had lost the puck it was curtains yet, somehow, marvellously it comes floating out to Weller who looks straight at Kowalski and shoots it past him. One of the great moments in away travel.

I am still not sure how Pelle didn't get MOM - he was awesome - as was Finnerty who was everywhere on the ice. Apart from that full credit to Tylor was throwing himself everywhere, Brad for introducing Coach Corey to the ice, the boards and his fist on a regular basis and finally Stu who was a key player throughout.

Finally, it was just fantastic to be part of such a great travelling support.

Just brilliant.

kettdevil1

Gaz G said:
Kettdevil, do you have your own plane?
Naturally ;)

Actually I could probably have flown back myself without the need for planes today, I think everyone there is probably still in some sort of euphoria...

The away support was so impressive today, particular highlights have got to be "What a waste of carrots" to Penner and the marvellously surreal "Shoes off for Brad Voth" which led to most of the Panthers fans looking at us rather than the game....

osh

Great effort and result. Its tough to come back from a couple down, but the team aren't going to let this winning streak go lightly. Wasn't at the game so can't comment on individual performances, however, a long time Panthers friend thought a draw may have been a fair result ( he would I suppose) but he was full of praise for our travelling fans !! Very vocal, good humoured and well behaved, well done to all.

kettdevil1

Max Beerbarrell said:
Gaz G said:
Haha, I thought that :lol:

What was Vothers fight with Corey like? I really hope he hammered him, he and Campbell have got the be the 2 players in the league I find most irritating!!
It was actually down the other end so it was rather difficult to see. Coach Corey was holding Brad and maybe got a few hits in but Brad successfully pinned him on the net and gave him an almighty right hook. Entertaining.

Actually rather more impressively in the first period Brad almost succeeded in depositing himself and Neilsen in the away support with one of the biggest hits I have seen this season. The plexi held...just.

Gaz G

kettdevil1 said:
Gaz G said:
Naturally ;)

Actually I could probably have flown back myself without the need for planes today, I think everyone there is probably still in some sort of euphoria...

The away support was so impressive today, particular highlights have got to be "What a waste of carrots" to Penner and the marvellously surreal "Shoes off for Brad Voth" which led to most of the Panthers fans looking at us rather than the game....
Glad you enjoyed but seriously, how'd you get back that quick?

kettdevil1 said:
Max Beerbarrell said:
Gaz G said:

What was Vothers fight with Corey like? I really hope he hammered him, he and Campbell have got the be the 2 players in the league I find most irritating!!
It was actually down the other end so it was rather difficult to see. Coach Corey was holding Brad and maybe got a few hits in but Brad successfully pinned him on the net and gave him an almighty right hook. Entertaining.

Actually rather more impressively in the first period Brad almost succeeded in depositing himself and Neilsen in the away support with one of the biggest hits I have seen this season. The plexi held...just.
Just saw the report on DYG and the writer (I'm assuming it's a Panthers fan) has made out that Voth cheapshotted CN!

Ger-Devils

kettdevil1 said:
Max Beerbarrell said:
Gaz G said:

Just saw the report on DYG and the writer (I'm assuming it's a Panthers fan) has made out that Voth cheapshotted CN![/quote]

Get on the cage! They're going off on one as per norm :lol: :D :D :D :D

Gaz G

kettdevil1 said:
By living in exile... ;)

Sadly no longer in Caerdydd due to work but having watched for 21 years I'm not stopping now....
Ahhh ok. Was going to say, ive made that trip about 100 times. Thought I was missing a trick lol.

steve

Our D was very poor tonight. After an excellent start we allowed them to get back into the game - helped by some very un-european refereeing!

I though G was our MoM tonight as he single handedly dragged us back into the game with his effort and assists in the 3rd. When no one else seemed to grab the game by the throat, G stepped up. I can't believe Weller got MoM as it was one of his poorest performances yet.

Corey was hillarious - he tried to hide in the goal when he went with Voth. Complete chicken.

I said at the end of the 2nd when we looked out of it - this is when we find out if we can win a championship, and i think we've now proved we have the capability. That was an awesome get-out-of-jail performance.