Nitra Vs Devils - Continental Cup Final #3 - 15th Jan 23 - 13:00 FO

Wannabe2

I was joking ha ha, there was a guy on this forum who said when we signed him that he was the toughest in our league, can’t see it myself,
Fournier is tough no doubt about it, but with the exception of Louis and Gagnon there ain’t any other tough guys in the league, so in reality we could have done better by having signed a really good D Man, as we don’t have one of those and it tells.

moggy#9

Can’t argue with that, probably need 3 or 4 new d in the summer
Although there are issues with the defence, at least some of these could be ameliorated by rearranging the pairings, or changing the way the forwards help cover - though being a d man down obviously doesn't help. That said we've missed leadership on the blue line, and there's been too many individual mistakes. I'd probably agree on three changes and say that sentimentalists wouldn't be happy with two of the three I'd pick.

Gazr76

Cardiff's assistant coach just seems to be staring off into space whenever I look at the Devils bench. Maybe he does amazing things behind the scenes, but assistant coaches are normally quite proactive behind the bench with the players during games. Ours isn't. I wonder why that is.

kingmo19.1

Bit of succession planning required with Richie & Batch now getting older. Hopefully Kelly will fill one of those spots when the time is right.

Import D an easier solution in my opinion as the pool is far far bigger.

moggy#9

If only we could've gave register what he wanted with the effortless # 2 coaches wages, does nowt for me I'm afraid.
My issue with the number two coach is what he actually does. As I understand his role it's too do the video review of opponents to prepare the team. Unfortunately the team all too often looks completely unprepared.

lloyd_jeff

I’ve been observing Franny & maybe it’s my memory or the fact I’ve never been to a Devils game, that Franny is looking more & more uninterested. Today in the limited shots of the bench he was stood away from Dupont and his clown, who remained very close to each other. The three need to go, Franny is a rock & true Devil but he’s not in 100% anymore, we need people to be, the clown brings nothing & unless we are happy for Dupont to continue learning with little success forthcoming anytime soon, then we need him to step down to assist or leave.

kingmo19.1

I’ve been observing Franny & maybe it’s my memory or the fact I’ve never been to a Devils game, that Franny is looking more & more uninterested. Today in the limited shots of the bench he was stood away from Dupont and his clown, who remained very close to each other. The three need to go, Franny is a rock & true Devil but he’s not in 100% anymore, we need people to be, the clown brings nothing & unless we are happy for Dupont to continue learning with little success forthcoming anytime soon, then we need him to step down to assist or leave.
You couldn’t be more disrespectful if you tried! There’s no need to call anyone a clown is there! With posts like that, it’s hardly surprising you have ZERO credibility on the forum!

BostonBart22

Dupont was probably a cheap rookie coach compared to an expensive proven coach .

moggy#9

So we end up in third, in a tournament we should have won. Given how awful asiago were we couldn't really finish any lower.

I'm sorry, but if you fall to prepare, you prepare to fail.

Wannabe2

Lets try and refrain from personal attacks shall we.
Lots of passionate Devils fans come on here and offer criticism after a poor performance etc but the vast majority on here offer objectivity in their views and in the most part they set out their reasoning for their critiques.
This post in my view offers little to the debate other than subjectivity and personal insults.
How you can tell Franny is disinterested from the "limited bench shots" is quite frankly beyond me.
How apt that you write that " the clown brings nothing"!