***GAME ON - OFFICIAL***Devils v Giants - 10/01 - 6:00pm

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #61
4 points over the weekend will do me, even if the game tonight seemed to tail off in the 3rd period :)

If only we could get our away form sorted out, maybe we should all chip in and buy a big blue tent to take to away games to help the players feel at home :E

Chris.

Well done guys!!

McMorrow was pretty much froze out of the game whilst his attempted bully tactics didn't work. I'm also glad Voth went straight at him instead of playing his game of going to the center, which from what I saw Voth clearly got the better of McMorrow, so the donkey decided to go for the shirt pulling instead (coward). Well done Brad.

Overall, a great team display with a good atmosphere in the tent tonight. More of the same for me please!

Diafol

After finally deciding at 5.00 to go dig my car out and make the journey, I have the following report:

Brilliant !

That is all.

:mrgreen:

PS: The car is now stuck again...thankfully it's off the main road !

Diafol

Chris said:
If only we could get our away form sorted out, maybe we should all chip in and buy a big blue tent to take to away games to help the players feel at home :E

Chris.
What if the team books ice time at Bristol, to play one of the rec teams, the rec guys take it easy on them and get a beating, say 20-0, and we can call that an away win to get the monkey off our backs ?

Just a thought...

James

Administrator
Great win tonight. With 'the sherrif' run out of town, Belfast didn't look so confident on the puck. Is Swez still injured because he had as much impact on the game as Stoney. Props to Miller and Birbraer who both had a good game. Another good game for Lyle too, and a deserved MOM. Let's hope it builds confidence for our next match with them.

TheStub

jay and Smith both had good games for me...fighting for every puck, plenty of shots and laying the puck up for others.

A few people moaned that we laid up in the third. Didn't feel that way to me - they just took the attitude of a team 3 goals up in their home rink, but we still had the better of the play in the third.

This weekend we have had 5 solid periods of Devils bringing their game. Now to take that form on the road.

McMorrows face book status - "Sean McMorrow is very disappointed in Mr. Brad Voth for breaking the code - 1 waiting for the end of my shift, 2 cross checking me in face, and jumping me but I can take it!! and I always finish in control see ya Jan 20 Brad for a good clean square off the way real men fight!! Impressed with Devil fans for the fun!!"

Doesn't that just confirm to everyone that Voth beat him. :lol: He's a laugh though.

We played great today from the beginning, hitting everything in sight. Belfast didn't know what to do. Can't really think of anything else to say at the moment. Oh the atmosphere was great again too.

4 point weekend against arguably the best two teams in the league. :D

Another great game tonight, very much enjoyed again, Block 2 boys n girls amazing, and Paul with his very witty songs to accompany McMarrow again...what a great night !!

Shame about those two people refusing to stand for the anthem....again !! and that was with prompting...pure ignorant !! Shame on you !!

Puckaholic said:
Shame about those two people refusing to stand for the anthem....again !! and that was with prompting...pure ignorant !! Shame on you !!
They were two of the three people that didn't stand yesterday. They weren't so close to me tonight so I couldn't really give them a nudge, and whilst I was leaning/looking over I couldn't catch their eye (although I think they may have been ignoring it). I suggested to the lady next to them to give them a nudge but don't think she fancied it.

There was also a lad with a devils shirt on a few seats over from them (with high vis bottoms on) who only decided to stand about half way through too.

Thought it was very disrespectful of them.

Ger-Devils

Puckaholic said:
Another great game tonight, very much enjoyed again, Block 2 boys n girls amazing, and Paul with his very witty songs to accompany McMarrow again...what a great night !!

Yup I seen them, we did comment about them after the anthem!

Ger-Devils

Good win, the first two periods were great. Kept putting the hits, chirping away at them and when the 4th went in they just froze. No answer to it in the end. The 3rd period was time to sit back and play possession stuff which worked. Some fans don't want to see it but with a 3 goal lead, it's good to see. Nothing silly and got the job done. Happy with a 4 point weekend and the whole team were great tonight. Lets hope for some more points next weekend!

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #79
Slightly off topic...

But a big thanks to OJ tonight for stepping into the hot seat for MNL when my internet connection gave up.

It was mentioned on MNL that we were close to exceeding last seasons total viewing figure for MNL which stood at 21,478.

As of tonight, we stand at a total of 21,671 with 23 games left in the season, at least half of which we should be able to bring some coverage from!

From strength to strength methinks :)

Chris.