***GAME ON - OFFICIAL***Devils v Giants - 10/01 - 6:00pm

Diafol

Re: Devils v Giants - 10/01 - 6:00pm - Chat/Updates

Great news for the Devils to keep their momentum going after last night, not so good for those of us who seem to be in for another dump of snow before the hour's drive home from the rink.

I think I'll be sitting at home with MNL tonight :cry:

Finny

TheStub said:
Refer to the rule book...oh wait...
According to a couple of posts on THF the full EIHL Rule Book will be available on the EIHL website from the end of the month.
Though they haven't said which month.

Finny

Jacko said:
nope, no one else sat out, but the precendent was established for this earlier in the season with panthers and i think sheffield as well.
When Nottingham played us earlier in the season they had to play with 9 imports because one of their other imports was suspended - even though they did have a spare import sitting out. I don't remember Sheffield being in that situation this season, but I thought it was mentioned at one point that we couldn't call up Pope to play against Sheffield because the 4 suspended imports we had all counted towards the 10 import limit.

However, I can't find anything to suggest McMorrow was suspended last night? The Giants previous game was their 7-1 loss in Coventry. There was no mention of McMorrow doing anything but try to fight Robinson - and the team only recieved a total of 6 PIMs?

Glad the game is on as Devils could do without a backlog of fixtures in the last couple of months. Not so good for me though as it's been snowing here (Ogmore Valley) for a couple of hours and if it continues then looking a bit dodgy for me and the misses getting to the game.

Wannabe2

ledgend777 said:
Glad the game is on as Devils could do without a backlog of fixtures in the last couple of months. Not so good for me though as it's been snowing here (Ogmore Valley) for a couple of hours and if it continues then looking a bit dodgy for me and the misses getting to the game.
I,m on my way with my 6ft shovel. ;)

DevilDom

Good luck to all those travelling in from any distance to the game.

It would be good to get as many people as possible there to help with support and keep the momentum going a bit after last nights great comeback win. It would be nice to go into the 2nd leg of the Challenge Cup semi-final on the back of a run of wins and especially with a win over the giants! So come on, make that extra effort and get down to the game - you know you'll be gutted if you miss a classic!

Wannabe2

DevilDom said:

It would be good to get as many people as possible there to help with support and keep the momentum going a bit after last nights great comeback win. It would be nice to go into the 2nd leg of the Challenge Cup semi-final on the back of a run of wins and especially with a win over the giants! So come on, make that extra effort and get down to the game - you know you'll be gutted if you miss a classic!
Totally agree we need a big turnout today, for all the reasons said above. The lads supplied the goods last night, and its easier having the extra man (the fans) with them. After last night superb thriller WILD HORSES COULDNT KEEP ME AWAY. Lets go Devils same again please.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

Will be making the trip from Cwmbran. Only light snow here, and the main roads are clear anyway :)

Hope for a repeat performance of the last game against the Giants :twisted:

Ger-Devils

Wannabe2 said:
DevilDom said:

Totally agree we need a big turnout today, for all the reasons said above. The lads supplied the goods last night, and its easier having the extra man (the fans) with them. After last night superb thriller WILD HORSES COULDNT KEEP ME AWAY. Lets go Devils same again please.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.
Hopefully another win to numb the pain I will be in tomorrow. Wisdom tooth out tomorrow, one the Monday after and another tbc!

will be 3 of us coming down for tonights game too after a real fire-cracker of a performance from the lads last night!!!

with hicksy being the ref the boys are going to need the extra man tonight so lets get behind them and have belfast wanting to go home early!!!

4-point weekend!?!?!

bbv

Wannabe2

Ger-Devils said:
Wannabe2 said:
DevilDom said:

HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.
Hopefully another win to numb the pain I will be in tomorrow. Wisdom tooth out tomorrow, one the Monday after and another tbc!
Get your skates on, and drop them with Mcsorrow, then you wont have to go tomorrow, and you will be a local hero. :lol:

Ger-Devils

Ger-Devils said:
Wannabe2 said:
DevilDom said:

HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.
Get your skates on, and drop them with Mcsorrow, then you wont have to go tomorrow, and you will be a local hero. :lol:[/quote]

I have asked Crispy to have a go during warm up with him! I'm actually waiting for my pair of skates to arrive so maybe the next Belfast game I will!

I'm be trying my best to make it - it's actually stopped snowing here now :D

Lets hope for 3 good periods tonight which I don't think has happened for a while. Although I'd take 2 bad periods and 1 brilliant as long as we win :D

Really hope McMorrow is playing - so entertaining.

Diafol

I'm not worried about getting to the rink, just worried about getting home :eek:

I might stick a sleeping bag in the boot, just in case :lol: