Devils Vs Steelers - 20th & 21st - Chat /Updates

Re: Devils Vs Steelers - 20th & 21st - Chat /Updates

fried egg said:
leeh2016 said:
I take responsibility for my actions yesterday ! I was a little drunk ! and behaved like an utter tool ! I celebrated behind the bench! nothing was aimed directly at any players or fans , I have been to many away games and home games I can assure you I have never acted in that way before and nore will I again! I apologise to all fans at the game for the embarrassment I have caused
Most of us have done stupid things when we have had to many.It's good you had the balls to come on here and apologise. You may want to consider posting an apology on Steeltalk too. A few on there baying for your blood.
Ageed

august04

Someone has tweeted that the same person causing problems last night almost got him in trouble in Nottingham too recently! I suggest a little more humility when we win in these places might not be a bad thing, as well as staying off the drink!

backrow

It's ironic that Culli has found himself now a part time defenceman. From Jan.10 to Jan.27, in 7 games he had 2 goals and 4 assists. Since then counting the exhibition games in France he has played in 6 out of 7 games, with 5 of those being on D and 1 at forward.

He has played very well on defence using his speed to get to pucks and his vision and passing skills to make quick breakout passes. If he's a healthy scratch today I certainly don't think it's because of his level of play or his effort in recent games!

wildthing74

Culli is a tremendous player and the fact he is as accomplished on D as forward is a rare gift in a player and it was the right call last night.Our D looks so much better on the big ice than it did at the start of the year and I wouldn't change any of the imports on D at the moment.If Hendo has to sit for the better of the team so be it.

All 3 forward lines are doing the business and I can't see any reason to scratch Culli.

leeh2016 said:
i will take ownership for my responsibility and certainly will not be drinking so much , i made a fool of myself and will learn from it
Fair play it's really big of you to come on here and take responsibility for your actions.

E.D.S.

august04 said:
Someone has tweeted that the same person causing problems last night almost got him in trouble in Nottingham too recently! I suggest a little more humility when we win in these places might not be a bad thing, as well as staying off the drink!
I'm keen to find this out. I was at the Nottingham game with my daughter and there was an idiot goading the Notts fans into fighting. Albeit in jest but if this is the same person then I think a bit of time away from 1) hockey away trips 2) alcohol or 3) both would be wise.
Embarrassing.

Sadly it's not just him.... Drunken woman behind me shouting out references to a sexual act when a player was on his knees.

Bit of class people. That's all. Makes the victory even sweeter when everyone's having fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E.D.S.

Anyway... Back to the game. Same old game plan please. Not concerned about fighting. Physics and tough to beat and that will do us!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

backrow

What a wasted opportunity tonight, the last 2 minutes of the 1st period and the brutal disallowed goal call along with the non calls on Roy and Fitzgerald really turned the game around. Andrew Lord was outside the blue paint when Hudson scored so if the goalie goes outside his crease to contact Lord it's a good goal. Roy was allowed a cheap shot on Lord and then Fitzgerald was amazingly allowed to rough up the linesman!

Darnell went out of his way to find Cardiff penalties to call all game while ignoring similar so called infractions by Sheffield all game!

Our breakouts were very sloppy all game long and we didn't get the puck deep several times as well. Several players had far from their best games tonight!

Earnie

DevilDom said:
I feel dirty saying this but I'm actually pleased we have Darnell for both games. :shock:

I'll probably be eating my words on Sunday now! :Ninja

Time to start eating.
Darnell show tonight
Replay shows disallowed goal call was an incorrect call.

Well a split weekend is not such a bad thing, just didn't expect it to be the away games won

As for the game (Darnell aside) I thought it was a garbage performance all round, the steelers wanted it more after last nights game and it showed

august04

Some of the officiating was awful but it's too easy to blame the referee for that result. Whether we thought we just had to turn up to win after last night, I don't know. Defensively we were shocking, with our top 2 D pairings in particular having games to forget. I felt a sense of relief every time Batch and Hendrikx were on the ice as they keep it simple and defend. The other pairings do the flashy stuff but were so sloppy tonight and there was a goal or two that Bowns would like back also. It pains me to admit it but for me, Steelers deserved the win. They played like a desperate team who had to win that game to keep their league hopes alive. Job done for them and I hope we don't regret saving one of our worst displays of late for such a vital game. Definitely a wasted opportunity. If we play like that on Tuesday, we could be in trouble in the cup.

osh

august04 said:
Some of the officiating was awful but it's too easy to blame the referee for that result. Whether we thought we just had to turn up to win after last night, I don't know. Defensively we were shocking, with our top 2 D pairings in particular having games to forget. I felt a sense of relief every time Batch and Hendrikx were on the ice as they keep it simple and defend. The other pairings do the flashy stuff but were so sloppy tonight and there was a goal or two that Bowns would like back also. It pains me to admit it but for me, Steelers deserved the win. They played like a desperate team who had to win that game to keep their league hopes alive. Job done for them and I hope we don't regret saving one of our worst displays of late for such a vital game. Definitely a wasted opportunity. If we play like that on Tuesday, we could be in trouble in the cup.
Couldn't agree more. Fournier, Hotham and Hudson were shocking all night. They took chances that were unnecessary in our own D zone and got rightly punished for it. They were far too lazy and just didn't do the simple thing i.e clear the zone and try and find one of our own players when doing so. Fournier in particular was overconfident and I hope the 3 of them are made to sit and watch a video of the game to see just how bad they were tonight. A deserved win for the Steelers and although I think our goal should have been allowed, a split weekend is not as bad as it could have been. Mosienko liked playing us this weekend for sure, we assisted him with a good few of his goals ! We took stupid penalties tonight, I hope we aren't as casual against the Giants on Tuesday !

ASHIPP

Devils didn't deserve to win tonight. Defensively poor and lacking concentration.

Steelers were not the better team but took their chances better. Sheffield have a knack of scoring goals at the very beginning or very end of periods ...and very quickly after the opposition scores. How many times did that happen tonight?

Steelers packed Ben's goal area...at times he couldn't see for traffic. Did our guys do that with Pinc in the hope of a tap in or rebound?

We know how dangerous Mosienko and Nelson can be from last night and all season. Was anyone marking them?

Every so often the Devils play a game where they are caught out with concentration lapses. Hope they can rectify this straightaway otherwise they will struggle in Belfast on Tuesday.

It might be a neccessary reality check at this stage in the season. But the league title is as much decided by who loses game as by who wins them.

DevilDom

DevilDom said:
I feel dirty saying this but I'm actually pleased we have Darnell for both games. :shock:

I'll probably be eating my words on Sunday now! :Ninja
I apologise. I've let myself down, my family down, my friends down and my team down. :DWD :oops:

backrow

The way Culli has played in his last 3 league games on D against Nottingham, Coventry and in Sheffield, I think he could have helped the Devils on breakouts especially tonight! He also could have played up front while Martin was out of the game for 5 minutes or so in the game.

Ocko

It shouldn't be a Cullugan or Hendrikx situation, neither have put a foot wrong for weeks. Whereas Hudson and Hotham continually make mistakes. Hudson I'm sure was on the ice and was prominent on most of if not all of their goals and Hotham's first past is diabolical at times. Now I get Hotham not ever being scratched, he's the best point scoring D man in the league, but Hudson should consider himself very lucky if he plays ahead of Culligan of Hendrikx.

If Steelers won Saturday we would've turned the over Sunday. It's just one of those things; whoever was the wounded animal was always going to come out stronger on the second night. We are still in a far better position than Sheffield, although their schedule is easier I think.

august04

Ocko said:
It shouldn't be a Cullugan or Hendrikx situation, neither have put a foot wrong for weeks. Whereas Hudson and Hotham continually make mistakes. Hudson I'm sure was on the ice and was prominent on most of if not all of their goals and Hotham's first past is diabolical at times. Now I get Hotham not ever being scratched, he's the best point scoring D man in the league, but Hudson should consider himself very lucky if he plays ahead of Culligan of Hendrikx.
100% agree. I'd be sitting Hudson instead of those two with Culligan covering Fournier's offensive rushes.