Devils Vs Steelers - 20th & 21st - Chat /Updates

Absolutely fantastic result and a real statement to finally get a league win in Sheffield, by the sound of it the game changed when we started playing OUR game, we need to take this attitude for the rest of the season and enforce our game on team's home and away

More of the same tomorrow please

august04

Rich Best said:
Great win and good one to silence all the negative gets on here! Lol
Great turnaround after a shaky first. Darnell got the big call right (eventually!), no doubt about it. After that, I thought the Devils controlled the game. Superb win. Same again tomorrow please.

Foxy

Think it was a lino that made the call. Darnell looked as though he was going to give it. Correct call made imo....

Well done boys more of the same tomorrow :D

Devil94

Wow. What a performance. First period we were rubbish. Thought same old same old in Sheffield. The second period was very good. The third was just sublime. Can't find a word good enough to describe Ryan Russell's performance. Did everything. Goal. Assist (announced as culligan for first goal). Blocked so many shots. Won the 50/50 battles. Just amazing. Hervato too was terrific. What an evening.
Now let's not spoil it by not getting those two points tomorrow.

ASHIPP

Fantastic result. Our team has character and guts. To gain points under so much pressure when the other team have had our number up there this season is a miracle. And a game in hand too.

Hope the Guys have enough left for tomorrow night. A repeat performance in front of the home crowd will be something special.

Careful of those late goals by Steelers, though.
Mosienko scores with 14 secs left.....Steelers very good at doing that.

rolf

Well we have taken 2 points from Sheffield for the first time in about 3 years. The least we can do is leave them with something and that something should be 2 citings to DOPs:

1 for the spearing to Hotham in the second period
2 for the late high hit to Martin in the third

Both not spotted/called during play and it is what they would have done to us if they could......expect loads of whingeing about poor ice, smelly toilets and too loud fans tomorrow.

Woohoo a cracking start to a BIG weekend. Get IN.

august04

Foxy said:
Think it was a lino that made the call. Darnell looked as though he was going to give it. Correct call made imo....

Well done boys more of the same tomorrow :D
You have to give him credit for changing his initial call. I've seen plenty of refs ignore their linesmen over the years. He didn't and got it right. At times he's awful, but I thought he called a pretty good game tonight bar the late, high hit on Martin by Nelson I think, which they all missed.

Wannabe2

Jonesy83 said:
Reading on Twitter about a drunk Devils fan causing trouble with Sheffield fans at the end of the game?
Well don't blame me, I am at home and watched the webcast honest, well played lads.

Re: Devils Vs Steelers - 20th & 21st - Chat /Updates

Excellent result lads top performance in the last 30 odd mins. Before that we were not great but we dos enough. Afterward we were top class and deserved the win.

I don't really want to put anything negative after that win but I have just seen this on Twitter anyone any ideas what he is on about??

KaneDevils

would he be tweeting that if they'd have won? Sad if true though. Why people have to get pi$$ed when you've got a game of hockey right in front of your eyes, is beyond me.

KaneDevils said:
would he be tweeting that if they'd have won? Sad if true though. Why people have to get pi$$ed when you've got a game of hockey right in front of your eyes, is beyond me.
I very much doubt he would have. It will be a shame if this is true.

Finny

KaneDevils said:
WOW! Just my opinion, bit IF we win tomorrow the leagues as good as ours. :RAWK :RAWK :RAWK
Still far too soon to say that. Sheffield have a much easier run in than us. Every one of our games is tough. No easy 2 points from here to the end.

Suddenly our move out of the BBT is starting to worry me again.