Devils Vs Giants - 6th & 7th December- Chat/Updates

voth26

Sounds like thompson missing some big calls like westgarth shooting the puck after the whistle and blatent cross checks, sticks to the face not being called!! Is he darnells clone I wonder??

Have Hope#35

What a fantastic 4pt weekend... The guys really deserved that, both nights the 3rd Period performances were unreal! Westgarthbage makes Belfast a worse team for me, he looks so disinterested and he's no where near as physical as he should be for a guy who's struggling to put the points up... Bownsy made a few Worldies tonight and it was great to see him so pumped at the end of the game! Well done lads :Banana :pickle

Did not go behind over 120 minutes against the reigning EIHL champions. Feels like this is the weekend that the Devils announced their championship credentials.

composed, aggresive and clinical. Exactly what was needed, 4 points and more importantly the Giants don't pick up any losing points.

Next

well thats 6 games played....and 3 wins for each team.
Fully deserved wins on both nights for the Devils, we cannot have any complains or arguments about that, but for someone to state "it shows Devils championship credentials" :roll: ....must be the euphoria of 2 wins making you get carried away a little :)

Have Hope#35

WheresWally said:
Fully deserved wins on both nights for the Devils, we cannot have any complains or arguments about that, but for someone to state "it shows Devils championship credentials" :roll: ....must be the euphoria of 2 wins making you get carried away a little :)
No it means we're in contention... Which after this weekend and 8wins in our last 9games we are :roll:

voth26

WheresWally said:
Well I know who will be the happier coach, players and fans out of the two organisations :Banana :Banana

WheresWally said:
Not carried away at all. Last 6 games, 5 wins including 2 performances against a top team this weekend where we looked composed and always in control of the scoreboard. Only 1 team tried to go for cheap aggression and it wasn't the team in black (classy uniform btw). Seeing Mychan laugh at Keefe was fantastic. At last the Devils have learnt to nullify his strength, he has had the run of our barn for too long

Happy to stand by my statement as I have all season, the Devils will be there or thereabouts at the end of the season, and then we get into our new home, then we have real fun.

Amazing win again tonight..
cant fault any of the players everyone gave it there all.

westgarth is terrible and i honestly dont know how he was in the nhl never mind a stanley cup winning team.

keefe and lloyd played hard but also dirty at times but we never backed down and gave as good as we got.

im happy lloyd is ok and not hurt but at the end of the day if he goes round hitting us cheap and throwing elbows he will only get it back, and thats what happened so good on marsh :)

Gough60

Another night of smart devils hockey.
The noise in the BBT was fantastic over
both nights. would have been happy with 2 points from these games,
but to come away with 4 and not give them a losing point was just
magical.
Yet again MOM could have gone to a handful of Devils. Clarkson, Lord,
Mychan, chased everything down on the fore-check, and solid D performances off all defensemen.
Playing against these in Quarter final of CC is going to be war me thinks. :RAWK

Finny

Fantastic workrate from the guys that didn't drop over the 120 minutes. And the atmosphere generated from the crowd was brilliant too.

4 point weekend is more than I was expecting. That's also 4 wins out of 4 so far against Belfast in the BBT this season. Don't think we've ever been able to say that before.... hopefully Keefe and co no longer like playing here as they used to.

jimmy snels

knowitall said:
Amazing win again tonight..
cant fault any of the players everyone gave it there all.

westgarth is terrible and i honestly dont know how he was in the nhl never mind a stanley cup winning team.

keefe and lloyd played hard but also dirty at times but we never backed down and gave as good as we got.

im happy lloyd is ok and not hurt but at the end of the day if he goes round hitting us cheap and throwing elbows he will only get it back, and thats what happened so good on marsh :)

Westgarth was even worse tonight. Actually makes their team worse!!! Seriously how did he play at that level for that long!? Bissonette is ten times the player.

I don't feel sorry for Lloyd at all. Didn't clap him off, and was quite glad it wasn't anyone else who I'd genuinely more concerned about. Taste of his own medicine came to mind.

ASHIPP

A hockey miracle happened this weekend. All those years when the Devils played the mighty Giants and were always branded the underdogs......usually the results showed it too.

But this season our Devils' team has no fear. Fantastic work ethic and smart, compsed hockey. Every bit as good as the League Champions. Thoroughly deserved the 4 points and they should be proud of themselves. The fans are certainly proud of the team. Thankyou for enthralling us every weekend.

Credit to Lord matched lines really well nullified them and even got Thornton to split his lines westgarten dropped off line to third
Thought despite the score line from last night we passed puck better tonight than last night
Sheffield are above us but less conference games played we are in a strong position
Long way to go but so far it's been a blast

kettdevil1

Cracking game of hockey and it feels so good to beat the Giants twice. I thought we looked the better team throughout the game and although a 3-3 scoreline looked worrying, in truth we looked to have an extra gear that we put to good use in the third.

Only slight concern will be whether there will be any repercussions from Tyson's hit on Lloyd. I was down the other end of the rink so couldn't see it clearly but at first glance it looked like a hit from behind that propelled Lloyd into the boards....if it was then there could be a suspension, hopefully someone closer can help out with a better explanation.

Have to say that was the best atmosphere in BBT for a long time and all of a sudden the league looks wide open....five teams have made a break and I am so pleased that we are one of them.....

SteveKing

Wow. What a great weekend of hockey! The boys played hard, stayed disciplined and showed their skill. The BBT looked and sounded great!!

Yes...the Devils are for real and we're going to be a tough matchup for any team. Love it!

wildthing74

Perfect weekend and we played a controlled game for almost 120 minutes.We didn't let Keefe'e line have a sniff and Myers,Clarkson & Hadded sucked the life out of Giants top line both nights meaning we barely saw a thing from Sawada,Westgarth & Cheverie.

Take a bow Ben Bowns you came of age this weekend and hopefully finally the doubters at the start of the season realise what a stellar signing this was going to be.

The D were immense and played a nasty game that was disciplined but let them know who was boss.Richie was unreal blocking shots and Batch had I think his best ever weekend and didn't put a foot wrong.

Wow I'm still wired and can't sleep even though I need to be up in 4 hours.I hoped for a 4 point weekend but to see it delivered was just incredible and when I said we would challenge for all 3 trophies few weeks back I took a bit of stick.Nothing to fear from anybody and this group just keeps getting better by the week.

What I love is we have no stars just a whole team that will put it on the line for each other every night.

The only downside it's not great if you plan on trying to sleep after a 4 point weekend. Absolutely buzzing :)

ASHIPP

Remember in our world record breaking year Simms christened the Devils as 'the Big Red Machine'? Well that machine has just had an MOT and respray.....our Guys play with all the skill and work ethic of that wonderful team...but with even more guts, character, spirit.