Devils Vs Giants - 6th & 7th December- Chat/Updates

jimmy snels

DevilDom said:
SteveKing said:
Gotta say I'm really fired up for this weekend. I've got the big screen computer set up to watch both games with my boys and Brian, Kelly and Craig are all coming over on Sunday to watch it with me.

Let's teach those Giants a lesson. These ones might mean just a bit more to TK than the rest...

COME ON U DEVILS!
The rivalry with the Giants has really built up over the past few years, unfortunately we haven't had the team to be able to compete with them on even keel and they have held the edge over us. This year I really feel a shift change and we have a team that can compete with the big boys particularly at home. I'm fired up too for this one as I'd love to do the double over them and for the Devils to throw the cat amongst the pigeons!

Lets hope we can show the Giants we won't pushed around any longer and get the points!
Yeah totally with this, belfast for me are a team I hate. They always spent more than us, seemed to always get the decisions, constantly moan to the ref, have daryll Lloyd, keefe wasn't ever made to behave and their general manager smelt of a farmyard ;) with this new team we've got its the closest we've come in years to neutralizing them and TK obviously doesn't have to pick potatoes at the farm anymore :lol: :lol: :lol:

Only thing thats bothering me is they have a Stanley cup winner in L.A playing for them in a plastic tent in wales... surely thats got some mileage in it for some grief!? Time to knock up a banner I think :D

mazza03

SteveKing said:
Gotta say I'm really fired up for this weekend. I've got the big screen computer set up to watch both games with my boys and Brian, Kelly and Craig are all coming over on Sunday to watch it with me.

Let's teach those Giants a lesson. These ones might mean just a bit more to TK than the rest...

COME ON U DEVILS!
I hope we put the Giants on their collective bums. :D

Have Hope#35

What a game that was... Too many positives to mention! Westgarth was anonamous and Hendikx's hip-check on him was insane, Westgarth spent the rest of the period looking for him instead of playing hockey! Myers deserved his MOM, same again tomorrow please :Banana :pickle

jimmy snels

Fantastic evening of hockey. We played a fantastic high pace game and wore them down in the end I think! Mom was easy to give to myres as he scored two in the end but our D and bowns were exceptional tonight and I could have given it to any of them.
Refereeing was very very good. Hardly called anything unless it was blatant and didn't fall into the moaning trap the giants seem to thrive upon.
Hendrikx hit on westgarth was huge. He absolutely nailed him. Best I've seen in some time. He was garbage tonight westgarth and unlike bissonette who stood out head and shoulders above anyone else seemed at his level which probably goes some way to explaining why he's gone from Stanley cup bench warmer to playing on a shitty night in a plastic tent.

Slartibartfast

Good result but an unusual game. Normally the Devils have most of the possession and territory but Belfast had both for large parts of the game. It looked like we were happy to defend and play on the break which is a tactic others teams have used against us to win.
Im a bit nervous for tomorrows game but if we have done it once we can do it again.
Beating a full strength Giants team is quite an achievement.

Sheincar

No idea what Westgarth brings to Giants. Would expect any NHLer to stand out head and shoulders above the other players but he is poor at best. The refs were good & let game flow. Bring on tomorrow & more of the same!

ASHIPP

What a fantastic high octane game. The team that lasted that marathon and took their chances was going to win that one.

Devils have no fear of this Giants' team anymore. Patience and composure are key. Tonight players and fans can celebrate ....back to serious business tomorrow.

Tonight was a hard fought battle deservedly won. Tomorrow night will probably be war.

DevilDom

Everything is awesome! :Banana

Very good win. Giants were the better team for 2 of 3 periods but Devils won. That was one for coaching for me. Very exciting game hope we can replicate it tomorrow.

Have Hope#35

jimmy snels said:
Angusdevil7 said:
That hip check :eek: I hope Westgarth give all the bits of board back from his teeth, same again tomorrow please
What happened to the replays tonight TK!?
I did see a replay of it on the TV but it wasn't announced at all! It was an incredible hip-check...

jimmy snels

As much as I struggle to see them a good replay gets the crowd going again and again. TK actually seemed pretty pissed off before the game down by the smashed plexi, maybe he was just having an off night?

rocketbob

Best 8 quid I ever spent on the webcast. Worth it for the hip check alone. Great result for the Devils.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

BostonBart22

brilliant game end to end best atmosphere all season, we got one win so pressure on giants to come at us , soak up the pressure and hit them on the break, by the time 3rd period starts sunday both sets of players will be on their knees, how they kept up the pace like they did on saturday is beyond me, more the same please. :D oh and back to the officials you know they all had a good game when nobody notices them on the ice...take note darnell :lol:

They mentioned on the webcast that there would be no replays last night due to installation of HD equipment that could be ready for tonight or next week.

Really enjoyed the webcast to be honest, will be tuning in again tonight.

mazza03

DevilDom said:

Very good win. Giants were the better team for 2 of 3 periods but Devils won. That was one for coaching for me. Very exciting game hope we can replicate it tomorrow.
I don't think Giants were the better team for two period!!!!! A lot of the time they were playing catch up, yes they are good but last night we had there measure and kept our cool, stayed out of the bin. The fact we had good refs played a part as well they let the game flow, I really enjoyed last night. It was good to see the refs ignoring Giants moans. :D

DevilDom

mazza03 said:
DevilDom said:

I don't think Giants were the better team for two period!!!!! A lot of the time they were playing catch up, yes they are good but last night we had there measure and kept our cool, stayed out of the bin. The fact we had good refs played a part as well they let the game flow, I really enjoyed last night. It was good to see the refs ignoring Giants moans. :D
The refs were excellent and let the game flow. I thought the giants put us under a lot of pressure in the 2nd period and start of the 3rd but as you say we dealt with it very well and were able to pick them off in the 3rd. Was a really exciting game and so pleasing that we won.

Gough60

Smart hockey from a Devils team that frustrated a whining, whinging giants team who were moaning to the stipes ALL night.
Mom as has been said could have gone to a handfull of Devils players. D was fantastic as was Ben.
Westgarth was lucky when he was 3rd man in to only get 2+2, but the man, as well as a handfull of giants, realy showed some class when they continued to fire pucks during warm up toward the shaterd plexi, laughing and smiling as they did so. Even moaning to rink staff who were being prevented form clearing up the shatterd glass. Keefe, Peacock and Sandrock also guilty of lack of class. Belfast fan watching next to me could not belive it. :evil:
Would have been happy with 2 points this weekend, last night I saw nothing that could stop us getting all 4. :RAWK

drainage

Ffil06 said:
Smart hockey from a Devils team that frustrated a whining, whinging giants team who were moaning to the stipes ALL night.
Mom as has been said could have gone to a handfull of Devils players. D was fantastic as was Ben.
Westgarth was lucky when he was 3rd man in to only get 2+2, but the man, as well as a handfull of giants, realy showed some class when they continued to fire pucks during warm up toward the shaterd plexi, laughing and smiling as they did so. Even moaning to rink staff who were being prevented form clearing up the shatterd glass. Keefe, Peacock and Sandrock also guilty of lack of class. Belfast fan watching next to me could not belive it. :evil:
Would have been happy with 2 points this weekend, last night I saw nothing that could stop us getting all 4. :RAWK
They were bang out of order .....that area is always busy total lack of class to keep shooting the puck

They were asked to stop but carried on classless in the extreme