Devils Vs Giants - 6th & 7th December- Chat/Updates

James said:
paul60 said:
After that weekend all that should be said from a giants point of view is what the hell has Thornton done to that team. Devils were the far better team all weekend but the giants showed no fight no will to win outside of maybe 4 or 5 players gutless performance from the rest. Thornton has somehow turned a very good team into a middle of the table team unable to compete with the Devils,Panthers,Steelers or the Clan.
The Giants pretty much kept the team that ran away with the league last year, the other teams upgraded. Giants are only 6 points adrift from the top and the closeness of the top 6 shows how tight it is.
Saw a stat on twitter about the giants form recently and it was something like 3-8 shocking seem to be slipping down the pack while others are getting stronger unless something changes I can't see anything other than a 5th or 6th place finish for the giants.

Wannabe2

paul60 said:
James said:
paul60 said:
After that weekend all that should be said from a giants point of view is what the hell has Thornton done to that team. Devils were the far better team all weekend but the giants showed no fight no will to win outside of maybe 4 or 5 players gutless performance from the rest. Thornton has somehow turned a very good team into a middle of the table team unable to compete with the Devils,Panthers,Steelers or the Clan.
The Giants pretty much kept the team that ran away with the league last year, the other teams upgraded. Giants are only 6 points adrift from the top and the closeness of the top 6 shows how tight it is.
Saw a stat on twitter about the giants form recently and it was something like 3-8 shocking seem to be slipping down the pack while others are getting stronger unless something changes I can't see anything other than a 5th or 6th place finish for the giants.
Giants 5/6th place no way, they are too good for that, don't think they will win the league, as it believe we will, but Giants will be top 3 no doubt about that.

Steelers for the league is my bet with a handfull of points separating Nottingham, Giants, Devils & Clan.

Our Challenge cup match up will be very interesting as both teams have had the home advantage so I don't think it will be a case of two wins going through - will be on goal difference

(I also think whoever wins our quarter final will be in the final - and am I right in saying that if Hull win against you then that dumps Coventry out ;) )

Playoffs definitely any of the teams in the top 5 at the moment could win it - (plus if this new coach appears at Blaze he could throw them into the playoff mix)

it's actually quite refreshing to have a competitive league this season where you actually get a better idea of your team from how they play rather than the overall result.

James

Administrator
cupcake said:
(I also think whoever wins our quarter final will be in the final - and am I right in saying that if Hull win against you then that dumps Coventry out ;) )
You are correct. Wouldn't it be terrible if we lost