Devils Vs Giants - 6th & 7th December- Chat/Updates

rolf

WheresWally said:
some of you lot should hang your heads in shame ....booing a injured player off the ice after a late and dangerous hit by Marsh. we all know that Lloyd is the player you all love to hate, but to actually boo an injured player is a disgrace, and you lot have the cheek to call other supporters classless.
I would expect some kind of retribution from DOPS and am sure you lot will moan on and on if he gets a ban.

Like I said in a earlier post Devils totally deserved the 4pt weekend and played two very good games, but if other supporters had reacted like some of your fans did to an injured player, im sure there would have been page after page of complaints on here about it.
I have always enjoyed the support and vocal backing your fans give to your team whenever they visit Belfast, now unfortunately some of the more moronic ones have me changing my opinions on that.

Well it isn't just their players that love a moan, it appears their fans are pretty good at it too.

Given the way that Lloyd plays the game, I actually thought he got a good send off especially as we were 2 minutes into the red army chanting which was well-deserved by our players.

Threatening DOPS at us? Really? Give me a break Wally. Didn't Keefe get a lesser ban for concussing one of our players in a cheap act of violence than the same player ( Conboy ) got for an attempt at it in Belfast? We are used to it mate.....

I'd go further than Phil T and say whatever we get from DOPS for this will be WORTH IT

wildthing74

Having the same 'debate' with our old mate Jester on Twitter who is on one about our fans booing. I genuinely didn't hear any plus our side of the rink could not even see a guy down that close to the boards plus it was during the fans celebrating the inevitable win at that point. I admit I was surprised given who it was and what he has done that he was actually applauded off which the minority of Giants fans complaining fail to acknowledge and shows are fans do act with class.

Strange too as of the many I know and spoke to were saying how great our fans had been all weekend.

Try focus on your own team guys and try not to invent a situation that never happened. You lost both games on the Double Header like we have done twice recently at your place.We dealt with it its just you are not used to losing.

rolf said:
WheresWally said:
some of you lot should hang your heads in shame ....booing a injured player off the ice after a late and dangerous hit by Marsh. we all know that Lloyd is the player you all love to hate, but to actually boo an injured player is a disgrace, and you lot have the cheek to call other supporters classless.
I would expect some kind of retribution from DOPS and am sure you lot will moan on and on if he gets a ban.

Like I said in a earlier post Devils totally deserved the 4pt weekend and played two very good games, but if other supporters had reacted like some of your fans did to an injured player, im sure there would have been page after page of complaints on here about it.
I have always enjoyed the support and vocal backing your fans give to your team whenever they visit Belfast, now unfortunately some of the more moronic ones have me changing my opinions on that.

Well it isn't just their players that love a moan, it appears their fans are pretty good at it too.

Given the way that Lloyd plays the game, I actually thought he got a good send off especially as we were 2 minutes into the red army chanting which was well-deserved by our players.

Threatening DOPS at us? Really? Give me a break Wally. Didn't Keefe get a lesser ban for concussing one of our players in a cheap act of violence than the same player ( Conboy ) got for an attempt at it in Belfast? We are used to it mate.....

I'd go further than Phil T and say whatever we get from DOPS for this will be WORTH IT
this coming from you is a bit rich :lol:
and lets get one thing very clear, I didnt threaten you with anything ....... it will be looked at definately by DOPS because it caused injury, as ALL incidents are, you also say if he gets a ban its worth it is it? well i am sure that all on here will then start the same old same old where Devils are concerned....."oh the are giving preferential treatment to arena sides"......"if it was a player from an arena team they would have got away with it"....etc etc
if players get bans thats because they have broken the rules, if its Devils players that constantly get banned doesnt that tell you something??
this was noticed by the two commentators over the weekend too, they said amount of incidents behind the play where Devils players were getting away with, and also that they both thought that other incidents were not just close to being foul plays they were over the top challenges. These two were very impartial all weekend (unlike our commentarty team :lol: ) and called the game fairly and actually as it happened.

bb1

Asides the bad hit by Marsh. During Saturdays game when the plexi smashed LLoyd, Keefe, Peacock and Westgarth continued to shoot pucks at the net where the broken plexi was right behind.
Fans were shouting for them to stop and it's blatantly obvious to the giants players they were putting other fans at risk esp as one fan was taken to hospital.
A friend of mine who works at planet ice asked them to stop with the reply of 'Get out of our way we are trying to f###ing practice'.....from none other than.......DARYL LLOYD. That's straight from my friends mouth who was putting in the new plexi.
I was above the bench when Todd seemed to be shouting and arguing with Keefe who then carried on practicing on the ice!
So to all the Giants Fans slating us for an 'Apparent lack of respect'...look a little bit closer to home before you question our Class

Chris

Administrator
WheresWally said:

:WALLY

Ocko

WheresWally said:
WheresWally, take a look https://vine.co/v/OOQhhbLpFtA

Any other player I may have some compassion but Lloyd doesn't play the game in the right way, I understand the agitator role but he's cheap and rightfully has no respect from anyone. He has never made himself accountable for his actions, hit and cheap shot all you want but expect and stand up to a response (like Plumton last year). I was disappointed he wasn't booed and heckled more. Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke, I was certainly pleased and not ashamed to admit it.

Chris said:
WheresWally said:

:WALLY
and this from a Moderator, no wonder you fans are allowed to say whatever they like on here :DWD .......maybe this like should be for you eh https://vine.co/v/OOQhhbLpFtA

DevilDom

:Banana 4 point weekend over the Giants :Banana

:pickle who would have thought little old Cardiff could do that to the mighty Giants :pickle

WheresWally - you normally make sensible posts but I'm wondering whether Jester or DWD has hijacked your account :DWD

Lloyd wasn't booed by anyone by me in block 3 and 4. Yes some chanting carried on whilst he was down injured but that was because it was in the corner below us and we couldn't see him on the ice. It stopped as soon as people saw he was down injured. Unless you were at the game and can categorically say you heard Devils fans booing him I think you need to calm down, suck up your 0 point weekend (just like we had to against you lot a few weeks ago) and get back to posting sensibly. :WALLY

I didn't like the fact Keefe was booed after getting MOM, that is something Devils fans don't normally do and I personally don't like seeing (despite this happening to the Devils MOM in both games in Belfast).

drainage

James said:
Keefe got some boos when he was awarded MoM, I'll admit I didn't hear any when Lloyd was carried off. I was surprised how long the refs left it before whistling off the play with a man down prone. As for the hit, I didn't actually see it so can't comment, but Lloyd has handed out enough cheap, dirty plays on players and ended enough players seasons if not careers for me not to be overly concerned with his well-being. We are going to need Marsh this weekend against the top 2 teams but if he is banned, it would be worth it if it makes Lloyd think twice before hospitalising another player.
With you didn't hear anything but clapping when he went off ......expect Tyson to get a ban but until I see it can't comment

Lloyd has done far worse and got off scot free don't like to see a player hurt but hard to empathise with him ....he's been vile for too long

drainage

WheresWally said:

Can I ask did you have same comments when our player was down and out and Giants cheered .....just out I of interest ?

Didn't hear anyone boo Lloyd and when I see the incident if Tyson deserves a ban then I won't be moaning

Happy for you to bring out the pitchforks as long as they are used fairly

Have Hope#35

drainage said:
WheresWally said:

Can I ask did you have same comments when our player was down and out and Giants cheered .....just out I of interest ?

Didn't hear anyone boo Lloyd and when I see the incident if Tyson deserves a ban then I won't be moaning

Happy for you to bring out the pitchforks as long as they are used fairly
Think wally has a matching spade to go with that pitchfork as he seems intent on digging a very large hole... It may be time to put both of them down and walk off with his tail between his legs! ;)

wildthing74 said:
Having the same 'debate' with our old mate Jester on Twitter who is on one about our fans booing. I genuinely didn't hear any plus our side of the rink could not even see a guy down that close to the boards plus it was during the fans celebrating the inevitable win at that point. I admit I was surprised given who it was and what he has done that he was actually applauded off which the minority of Giants fans complaining fail to acknowledge and shows are fans do act with class.

Strange too as of the many I know and spoke to were saying how great our fans had been all weekend.

Try focus on your own team guys and try not to invent a situation that never happened. You lost both games on the Double Header like we have done twice recently at your place.We dealt with it its just you are not used to losing.
Actually your not, I haven't commented about the game on any social media or forums this is the only post I have made :?

I was amazed at how disrespectful the Giants players were to their own fans by hardly acknowledging their efforts while leaving the ice last night!

Upset and maybe embarrassed they may have been, but their fans Are the reason the team exists and forked out a lot of money to be at our BBT, showed no respect at all :(

Sheincar

jester said:
wildthing74 said:

Actually your not, I haven't commented about the game on any social media or forums this is the only post I have made :?
I've had grief on Twitter from @weephil56 and @patricksmyth for daring to explain that fans on players bench side couldn't see hit, player down injured plus screens went off. But apparently those "excuses" are just embarrassing so I guess I'll just have to be happy with the 4 points and the fact it was Lloyd!

Devil94

Belfast fans are not used to losing, so they are looking for petty little victories. They can't even look at their own side for those, so looking at us is their only option. The 'stay classy' being their biggest argument, which is very rich coming from them and their team. There wasn't any boos when Lloyd was down or helped off the ice, so they have also resorted to making stuff up.

Enjoy the 4 points and laugh at any comments from them. :lol: :lol: :Banana